IT.COM

Vegan Debate

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

En

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Do we have any vegans at NamePros?

Anyone want to debate why they believe they have the right to enslave, manipulate, force, bully into submission, and send innocent gentle animals to a slaughterhouse full of uneducated employees that have a career in mass murder?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
vegans are a narrow group within the group of vegatarians

most people here are vegatarians not vegans

( vegans don't drink milk / eat eggs / vegetarians do )

I am not a vegan

You should watch the cow video posted on this page. Do you agree with:

"I do recommend this video as it shows how it's hypocritical to be vegetarian but not vegan."

You actually posted a pic of a cow crying but will drink their milk up. If it's about the animals, then do it all the way, Vegan.

Last edited:
•••

"I do recommend this video as it shows how it's hypocritical to be vegetarian but not vegan."

yes I agree
I am imperfect
I have muesli with milk in the morning
I eat eggs once in a while
and I have ready made dishes with chicken in it

but I would avoid to eat pork and cow
as much as I can

and I would never voluntarily eat at mcdonnalds
or similar burger companies

as one thing I know for sure
it will make me sick

•••
•••
Then you're not even a vegetarian.

if I tell you I am a vegatarian
then I am

but not a perfect one ;)

and not a fanatic either

•••

Not good enough. There is more extreme sect between vegans. They don't tear off fruits and vegetables, because have no idea what the parent plant feels. So they eat only fallen fruits.

•••
Not good enough. There is more extreme sect between vegans. They don't tear off fruits and vegetables, because have no idea what the parent plant feels. So they eat only fallen fruits.

yes extrem thinking is always a little absurd in the beginning
and the masses will try to make the whole idea look silly

but in facts its only the extreme parts that are silly

plants produce fruits in order to be eaten as they spread their seeds that way
you do them a favour

but of course to eat them before they are mature
doesn't benefit you most

•••
What are you guys talking about?
Cow.jpg

•••
If you had been born in a poor country you would never have to talk about not eating meat. so your way of thinking is simply a deviation product have resolved almost everything.

•••
If you had been born in a poor country you would never have to talk about not eating meat. so your way of thinking is simply a deviation product have resolved almost everything.

but I was born in germany which happens not to be a poor country
so I had the priviledge to think about that matter a lot

I hate the fact that I do still eat animals
that had a bad life
as it takes a lot of effort / time if I would avoid it totally

the reason is that its not supported by the society in such a manner
that it would be a normal procedure

so the first thing to be changed is the public awareness
in order to create a general mood that would make it normal
to respect other living creatures the way they deserve it

•••
•••
Having lived in the US for 7 years of my life in the late 70's, the first thing that my taste buds caught, was how bland and tasteless most American foods were. The vegetables, the fruit, the eggs, the meats etc. all tasted like a watered down version of the real thing.

All this tasteless food could only be the result of the massive amount of herbacides and other chemicals used to produce vegies, fruit and the various types of meats. I'm not even gonna talk about processed food which I believe is also an American invention. That really tastes like crap.

Fast food... another American invention... means that once again lots of people are eating a lot of junk. Unfortunately all those famous American Fast Food chains have spread all over the world. Thank God I don't eat that crap.

Americans (and increasingly Europeans) also eat a whole lot of GM (Genetically Modified) foods... all forced down our throats by governments that have been bought by the big GM Food Companies like Monsanto, DuPont, Syngenta, Bayer and others. All these thousands of GM foods are nothing more than a load of crap going into our bellies.

Here is a massive list of GM products that Americans (and others) buy. Better sit on your chair so you don't fall off from the shock... unless off course you think that GM food is good for you.
http://www.whydontyoutrythis.com/2013/06/comprehensive-list-of-gmo-products-and-companies.html

So when I hear some Vegetarians insisting and arguing that eating only veggies is healthy and meat eaters are unhealthy or murderers I really have a good laugh.

What's even more amazing is to see some vegans in this thread "Disliking" some posts by meat eaters, as if meat eaters are not entitled to their opinions or choosing whatever they decide to eat or even that they had the audacity to challenge Vegans.

To those radical Vegans I would suggest you re-read Enlytend 's well written and very balanced post in the previous page (post #60 ). BTW, she is a vegetarian.

As for me, I love my meat, fish and poultry, but I equally love my veggies and fruit.

In fact our meals at home allways consist of 3 plates: Starting off with a good hearty vegetable soup (my wife makes fantastic soups), followed by the 2nd plate which consists of a not too big portion of either fish meat or poultry, accompanied by either rice, potatoes or pasta and veggies. Finally the 3rd plate is almost allways fruit.

So as you can see, meat, poultry or fish represents a small portion (no more than 10%) of our diet.

I love my veggies and fruit, but I love my meat and fish as well.... oh and I love my wife's soups. They are so good, that many times I'll have 2 or 3 plates and skip the 2nd plate all together.

Last edited:
•••
So lets save the animals. Lets all stop eating meat.

Meat is a business.
If people stopped eating it, there'd be no business, there'd be no sheep, cows, or other animals you want to protect.

By having us not eat meat to protect them, you'd lose them all.

•••
So lets save the animals. Lets all stop eating meat.

Meat is a business.
If people stopped eating it, there'd be no business, there'd be no sheep, cows, or other animals you want to protect.

By having us not eat meat to protect them, you'd lose them all.

in india people used to not eat cows as they were regarded as holy
but they are still around there

so I dare to say
that your future view
is more or less very unlikely

•••
"Oh and I love my Wive's soups"

Wife= singular ?
Wives= plural?

:)

•••
"Oh and I love my Wive's soups"

Wife= singular ?
Wives= plural?

:)
Should have written "Wife's"... thanks... will correct, before I get misunderstood. One good wife is good enough for me.

Last edited:
•••
A King in some country can have more than one wife, I thought you were a king :)

•••
When you watch stuff like that, you should also Google Cowspiracy Debunked or terms like that. If you want to get a better picture. Because again, with Vegans, it's usually animals above everything, even telling the truth. Sometimes people play very loose with the figures. Some of it might be correct, some not.

I definitely consider those things and have googled that but it does touch on something we should be paying more attention to.

http://www.humanesociety.org/assets/pdfs/farm/hsus-the-impact-of-industrialized-animal-agriculture-on-the-environment.pdf

•••
A King in some country can have more than one wife, I thought you were a king :)
A King... That's the last thing I'd want to be.

•••

You actually posted a pic of a cow crying but will drink their milk up. If it's about the animals, then do it all the way, Vegan.

the definition of a product being vegetarian or non vegetarian in Jain philosophy is whether it leads to death of a being or not.

Milk products does not lead to death of the animal, and therefore its considered vegetarian.

•••
the definition of a product being vegetarian or non vegetarian in Jain philosophy is whether it leads to death of a being or not.

Milk products does not lead to death of the animal, and therefore its considered vegetarian.

Yes, I know what vegetarian and vegan is. That wasn't the point. Point was if you're a vegetarian for "i love the animals" reason, you're a hypocrite. I thought it was valid what Winfluence brought up. Vegans walk the talk. Meat eaters still aren't going to care tho.

Last edited:
•••
but I was born in germany which happens not to be a poor country
so I had the priviledge to think about that matter a lot

I hate the fact that I do still eat animals
that had a bad life
as it takes a lot of effort / time if I would avoid it totally

the reason is that its not supported by the society in such a manner
that it would be a normal procedure

so the first thing to be changed is the public awareness
in order to create a general mood that would make it normal
to respect other living creatures the way they deserve it

Again, born in anywhere, or in your case, a rich country does not make you more prepared to decide what is right or not right for anyone, in fact, from your comfortable chair you may have a very short vision of reality, circumstances and an infinite number of factors of many people, for example, hunger.

I was born in a country torn apart by communism and dictatorship, Luckily, my family is half French, but I knew hunger, and all these circumstances

Last edited:
•••

Interesting point because a lot of what we are talking about here is "industrial agriculture" - industrial animals do not live or breed in the wild, but in factory conditions. And if their offspring are the wrong sex they are promptly killed.

Another effect of animal agriculture is to deprive humans of food because it is so inefficient - food is given to unnecessary animals to fatten them up for humans, so other humans miss that food and go hungry or starve. And addtional C02 emissions are created.

So animal agriculture poses a moral dilemma not just about killing animals, but also killing people.

•••
Again, born in anywhere, or in your case, a rich country does not make you more prepared to decide what is right or not right for anyone, in fact, from your comfortable chair you may have a very short vision of reality, circumstances and an infinite number of factors of many people, for example, hunger.

I was born in a country torn apart by communism and dictatorship, Luckily, my family is half French, but I knew hunger, and all these circumstances

sorry,

but I don't think
any of the vegetarian / vegan supporters here
would condemn somebody who eats whatever is availabe
to be able to survive in an emergency situation

I don't

•••
"There are as many creatures on your body as there are people on Earth."

If you think you aren't killing living things all day long, you're nuts. Just to put it in perspective, there are thousands of mites living just in your eyebrows alone. You can be munching a carrot in the shower feeling great and yet be drowning hundreds of live beings and not even know it!

So if life requires death, no matter what you eat, then maybe this argument is not about what you think it is about. Maybe we are all just assholes looking to point out why other people should be our type of asshole and not theirs.

Last edited:
•••
sorry,

but I don't think
any of the vegetarian / vegan supporters here
would condemn somebody who eats whatever is availabe
to be able to survive in an emergency situation

I don't

That's a fantastic point-

Would the vegetarians/vegans posting here choose to starve to death if there was nothing to eat but meat? Is veganism a choice because it can be a choice? Would vegans actually choose suicide over meat eating?

Very curious to know how vegans feel about this.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back