IT.COM

Vegan Debate

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

En

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Do we have any vegans at NamePros?

Anyone want to debate why they believe they have the right to enslave, manipulate, force, bully into submission, and send innocent gentle animals to a slaughterhouse full of uneducated employees that have a career in mass murder?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • Beef is consumed 77.8 million times each day across America.
  • Beef is the #1 food source for Protein, Vitamin B12 and Zinc! Beef is also the #3 food source of iron behind fortified cereal and grains. 12
The U.S. Government does everything within it's power to make sure that animals are put down in the most humane way possible. Those that don't follow the guidelines will be fined and possibly shut down.

It is what it is and isn't going to change..

Last edited:
•••
Porterhouse.steak, steamed.broccoli and baked.potato with butter= I'm not complaining :)

•••
Cows are gentle social animals. They have the ability to recognize more than 100 other cows, and they form close friendships with members of their herd. Researchers report that cows grieve when their friends or family members die.

•••
Cows are gentle social animals. They have the ability to recognize more than 100 other cows, and they form close friendships with members of their herd. Researchers report that cows grieve when their friends or family members die.
:(

•••
Approximately 25 gallons of water are needed to produce 1 pound of wheat. Around 2,500 gallons of water are needed to produce 1 pound of meat.
So we have to eat them young, before they spend all our water ?
Just kidding. I have the solution:
Synthefood.king
Synthemilk.king
Synthemeat.king

•••
This is actually interesting from a domaining point of view because there is a rapidly growing market for vegan foods and clothes. Serious professional research by MORI found that 1% of the UK are now vegans, meaning the number has more than tripled in ten years.

At least 542,000 people in Britain are now following a vegan diet and never consume any animal products including meat, fish, milk, cheese, eggs and honey. This is a whopping increase since the last estimate of 150,000 ten years ago, making veganism one of Britain’s fastest growing lifestyle movements.

https://www.vegansociety.com/whats-new/news/find-out-how-many-vegans-are-great-britain

The movement is being driven by young people making more ethical and compassionate choices – close to half of all vegans are in the 15-34 age category (42%) compared to just 14% who are over 65 – evidence to support even greater growth in the future.

•••
I have not eaten a bite of any animal meat for the past 3 years since my daughter started me watching documentaries about how the poor animals are raised in the US. It's not just the cruelty, it is also because there is no way that animals raised that way could possibly be healthy to eat.

Chicken is the most popular meat. Chickens are now raised packed together in huge buildings with no natural light. They pump the chickens full of hormones that cause their breasts to develop rapidly to twice their natural size (because most people like white meat better) before their legs even develop yet. So the chickens can't even walk and never even see any sunlight in their poor miserable lives.

Another thing to consider is that animal proteins are not easily used by humans. Plant based food is much easier for our bodies to digest. Over two thirds of the energy of a person with a typical diet is used just to digest what has been eaten. Natural non GMO vegetables, fruits, nuts, and berries will give you more energy and extend your life. ;)

Last edited:
•••
Meat is murder, cheese is genocide.

•••
•••
If i slaughter and eat my dog, people will probably stone me to death and then go eat a pig or a cow while discussing how cruel i was. Why do we discriminate between animals? Puppies and kittens are cute so we spare their lives? I am sure they taste just as good.

This is a very good read even for meat lovers: "Eating Animals" by Jonathan Safran Foer

•••
save-the-vegetables-vegetables-meat-peta-demotivational-posters-1319664328.jpg

•••
I eat meat but after seeing this maybe we should all be aware!

Attachments

• deer hunting.jpg
    deer hunting.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 53
•••
•••

You should see the way they slaughter these vegetables.. Angry machines ripping through fields, machetes slicing and dicing.. I mean these vegetables are living too????

•••
I try to eat nothing smarter than chicken. Just my very personal choice.

If you think that doesn't make sense, just remember that almost all meat eaters have their limits. Most will not eat monkey meat for example.

Ps. I also try to buy chicken raised on small family farms. If I can...

Last edited:
•••
I had a feeling this thread would eventually pop up.

•••
I can't pass up a good vegan debate...

• Beef is consumed 77.8 million times each day across America.
  • Beef is the #1 food source for Protein, Vitamin B12 and Zinc! Beef is also the #3 food source of iron behind fortified cereal and grains. 12
The U.S. Government does everything within it's power to make sure that animals are put down in the most humane way possible. Those that don't follow the guidelines will be fined and possibly shut down.

It is what it is and isn't going to change..

None of this is true.
Ok. Number one is true. But Hitler killed 3 million Jews. Still doesn't make it right...

Secondly, the damn protein thing. When did people start coming up with "plants don't have protein"? An overwhelming majority of the protein you eat (from meat or otherwise) during the day is excess and gets excreted. You don't need a lot of protein. Unless you're a body builder, in which case, it's better to get vegan protein because it doesn't contain cholesterol and loads of unsaturated fats. (PS the only male US weightlifter at the Olympics was vegan... but where does he get his protein?? smh) Vitamin B12 is not inherent to beef. It comes from bacteria and is easily synthesized. And yes, contrary to meat eating beliefs, certain non-animal sources carry B12. And again, you don't need much of it. And Zinc. Come on. Spinach, bro. And again... how much Zinc do you think you need?

And the US Govt definitely DOES NOT make sure animals are put down in the most humane way possible. Watch some "humane" slaughterhouse videos. Meat is a massive cash crop. Why would they regulate one of the most powerful food lobbies? They wouldn't. (The US government also does everything within its power to make sure drugs don't exist.... but they do.)

Simply put, if we are the true "evolved" species, we should be able to figure out how to survive in the most "evolved" methods possible. That involves making as little impact as possible to an already fragile ecosystem. Which we can do. If we stop being greedy about "yummy tasting food".

But yeah, you can eat meat. You're totally allowed to. But it would be nice if you understood why you were eating meat. It'd be nice if people could examine their own greed. Self-awareness is a good thing and something us "evolved" beings should exercise once in a while.

PS... we are not on top of the food chain. Go try and kill a deer with your bare hands. Then try and eat it raw. First question: How easy was that? Second question: How do you feel? I'm willing to bet: Not easy; Not good.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
...it just tastes good. Had a nice 13 oz ribeye today.

"it just tastes good"

said the fat lady eating another piece of that delicious cream pie

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back