IT.COM

Vegan Debate

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

En

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Do we have any vegans at NamePros?

Anyone want to debate why they believe they have the right to enslave, manipulate, force, bully into submission, and send innocent gentle animals to a slaughterhouse full of uneducated employees that have a career in mass murder?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Even as a vegetarian I have no respect for PETA. They are not a charity. They are not promoting animal welfare. They are a vitriolic bunch of simplistic, angry, nutcases.

Nobody has done more to hurt animal welfare than they have. Extremists like PETA actually discredit and hurt the cause they claim to champion.

•••
Even as a vegetarian I have no respect for PETA. They are not a charity. They are not promoting animal welfare. They are a vitriolic bunch of simplistic, angry, nutcases.

Nobody has done more to hurt animal welfare than they have. Extremists like PETA actually discredit and hurt the cause they claim to champion.
I don't look at the aesthetics or badge.

Just pointing to an article. Try overlooking certain faults and popular opinions and only look at the truths.

•••
Try overlooking certain faults and popular opinions and only look at the truths.

Looking at the truth will only lead you down the same path as PETA. Understanding is more important.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Yet you believe that they have done more to hurt animals than the actual people hurting them?

Yes. Peta have set the animal rights cause back decades.

•••
Yes. Peta have set the animal rights cause back decades.
Wow, have you ever asked yourself why that is the case?

Does it really matter what anyone says to know it's wrong to abuse animals?

You really believe that, with an ever growing population, the culture of narcissism, greedy uncaring corporations, greedy human beings, culture of bodybuilding and overindulgence, growing selfishness, culture of waste... that Peta made anything worse for animals than it would have been without them existing?

Last edited:
•••
You really believe that, with an ever growing population, the culture of narcissism, greedy uncaring corporations, greedy human beings, culture of bodybuilding and overindulgence, growing selfishness, culture of waste... that Peta made anything worse for animals than it would have been without them existing?

It is this kind of simplistic rhetoric that stops people taking peta seriously. Other, more credible activists suffer by guilt through association. Peta make all the headlines in the animal rights space and they are not the helpful kind. They use shock and terror to evoke emotional (not logical or well thought out) reactions and to recruit vulnerable people as members.

Does it really matter what anyone says to know it's wrong to abuse animals?

Yes it matters a lot. Peta cause just as much suffering as the people hurting animals. They are blinded by their anger and are dangerous as a result. They discredit the cause. Nobody will ever pay attention to Peta in a positive way. They attract only vulnerable, fragile members and negative publicity.

•••
Peta make the headlines, for the wrong reasons, because that's how the corporate media industry want their agenda to be perceived.

Right now an activist is facing 6 months in jail for giving a truck load of tightly packed pigs some water on their horrific journey to their deaths, where they go days without water, food, or freedom to move.

It makes some people angry and desperate. They don't want to think that nothing will change, or that things are even getting worse. They don't understand what is wrong with the people doing it.

Look at the Trump campaign and how much air time he gets. That's how the world works now. It doesn't matter what the cause is. The media want their selfish ratings. The corporations want their selfish money. And so on...

It shouldn't take away from any of the "legitimate activists", no matter what anyone else does. Most of the time they are not even listened to. It doesn't fit the media's agenda, nor the meat industry that are making trillions of dollars. They will fight to the death to keep their wealth.

The masses don't like change. If people don't care, they don't care. Peta or no Peta.

Last edited:
•••
I can guarantee you that Peta started out legitimate, but after being ignored and ridiculed, and personally witnessing the horrific crimes committed, and the non-action or even caring, evolved into what they are today.

Look how people treated gay people just for coming out. Many were bullied or beaten to death.

Look at how people of colour were treated. Why does there need to be a Black Lives Matter campaign in today's world? Still(?), after everything that has happened! What has it taken to get this far already?

•••
It is this kind of simplistic rhetoric that stops people taking peta seriously. Other, more credible activists suffer by guilt through association. Peta make all the headlines in the animal rights space and they are not the helpful kind. They use shock and terror to evoke emotional (not logical or well thought out) reactions and to recruit vulnerable people as members.

Yes it matters a lot. Peta cause just as much suffering as the people hurting animals. They are blinded by their anger and are dangerous as a result. They discredit the cause. Nobody will ever pay attention to Peta in a positive way. They attract only vulnerable, fragile members and negative publicity.
The fact is, they know that nothing major is going to happen for centuries, let alone "decades" (if ever).

It is not them that are holding back progress, it is the people that do nothing about it and make "simplistic" excuses, like it's all PETAs fault!

•••
•••
In the meantime, the world hits record temperatures. There is no turning back.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ucenerg...month-going-back-will-be-costly/#783575757b37

People continue their activities regardless!!!

One of your problems is this isn't a forum full of middle school girls. It doesn't matter what video or article you link too, I'm always going to eat steak, hamburgers and other good meat.

I'm more interested in the macros. I'm a meat eater and can barely hit my protein goals.

How about some vegans and vegetarians in this thread sign up for - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

Make it public so we can see how many calories you're getting, protein etc. Because I can't see you getting much protein, without constantly eating/chewing all day long. I feel like your carbs are probably way too high.

When I started working out again a few years ago, I was following some people's MyFitnessPals, to get some ideas of what they were eating, new protein sources etc. A couple of examples:

Higher protein because one is into powerlifting, another into Physique shows

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/brancamfitness?date=2016-09-14

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/fcintineo

Maybe some can do that and show us meat eaters, what you're actually eating, do it for just a week or so, give us some insight. I keep hearing you can get your protein, I just want to see 1 person, hopefully more, step up and actually show it. The link again, very easy - http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

Last edited:
•••
Sorry, but this protein scam is getting tiring. I personally do sports 6 days a week, couple of hours daily on pure vegan diet. I've been doing this for 6 years. I'm just one in a million who does the same. There are vegan bodybuilders, Olympic athletes, ultra-marathon runners etc.

Let me show you an example. Everyone thinks the meat-alternatives are not full of nutrients and you will miss something if you don't eat dead flesh. That's just utter bollocks:

Beyond-Burger-vs.-Beef-Burger-1-1016x1024.jpg

Source: https://ecohungry.com/beyond-burger-vs-beef-burger/

I've tried and Beyond burger tastes out of world. It's basically the same thing as meat without the disgusting chewy parts that would remind you that you are actually eating a living being which was killed for the pure selfish purpose of satisfying the taste buds of people.

I think this image (see link for the actual research) sums it up pretty well. The plant based alternatives are a hundred times better for the environment (no need to further destroy rain forests), and they are better for you. Less chance for cancer and heart-diseases.

What's not to like about it?

•••
I seldom eat red meat and I currently try to eat 50% vegetables. Why?

1. After 35, I easily put on weight. Vegetables are most often low in calories.

2. Vegetables make me feel more energetic. Lots of vitamins and antioxidants!

3. I don’t like the way they treat most cows and pigs here.

4. It is (together with protein and other macronutrients) excellent for my strength training.

Personally, I don’t think I will ever become a vegan, but I have all respect for those who have made that choice...

•••
Sorry, but this protein scam is getting tiring. I personally do sports 6 days a week, couple of hours daily on pure vegan diet. I've been doing this for 6 years. I'm just one in a million who does the same. There are vegan bodybuilders, Olympic athletes, ultra-marathon runners etc.

Let me show you an example. Everyone thinks the meat-alternatives are not full of nutrients and you will miss something if you don't eat dead flesh. That's just utter bollocks:

Beyond-Burger-vs.-Beef-Burger-1-1016x1024.jpg

Source: https://ecohungry.com/beyond-burger-vs-beef-burger/

I've tried and Beyond burger tastes out of world. It's basically the same thing as meat without the disgusting chewy parts that would remind you that you are actually eating a living being which was killed for the pure selfish purpose of satisfying the taste buds of people.

I think this image (see link for the actual research) sums it up pretty well. The plant based alternatives are a hundred times better for the environment (no need to further destroy rain forests), and they are better for you. Less chance for cancer and heart-diseases.

What's not to like about it?

Beyond burgers are great. They will be everywhere soon this company is going to change things. Burgerking should have them nationwide this year. They are making other vegan products that are full of protien that taste great. I lift and train at the gym everyday. Ill choose a beyond burger over grilled chicken sandwich it packs enough protien.

•••
Burger King got Impossible Foods' meat patties. They are pretty much the same, but they have heme-iron too, which is great if you need iron-boost. I mean we are still talking about fast food here, and as much as it is an upgrade from a hormone-filled meat version, this is still not high quality food. Just much better than what it replaces. :)

•••
Personally, I don’t think I will ever become a vegan, but I have all respect for those who have made that choice...

It will just come by time. Eventually all animal-based products will be replaced. You can see the reason in the picture above. When you can make a product with two times less energy and more than hundred times less water it's obviously the cheaper one to produce. Meat industry has tons of subsidies and when they will be gone we will see the real market price of these products.

•••
Just a small note:

Yesterday I started my journey as a ovo-lacto vegetarian. I will still eat eggs and milk, but no meat, fish or seafood.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back