IT.COM

Vegan Debate

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

En

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Do we have any vegans at NamePros?

Anyone want to debate why they believe they have the right to enslave, manipulate, force, bully into submission, and send innocent gentle animals to a slaughterhouse full of uneducated employees that have a career in mass murder?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Already went over it. It tastes good, I like to eat meat, just like other people who eat meat. See other reasons in my first post. That's not changing. Dying is usually not pretty. Whether it's the way we get our meat, or getting torn to shreds. It's a losing battle you're trying to fight, and I get it, it's for the love of animals, but losing battle nonetheless. Meat eaters don't care.

"Meat eaters don't care."
you mean: you don't care

"It tastes good,"
that is a very poor argument

"Dying is usually not pretty. "
its not about dying or killing
it about living

it's about that an animal deserves a good life
if you plan to eat it

and here the story starts to become really ugly
-but of course you don't care-

Last edited:
•••
I respect vegan's decisions, but it would be lovely if they respected our decisions too. What I don't like is that a small part of the vegan group is actively forcing their opinions in the face of meat eaters.

I see an overlap with religious extremists. A lot of religious people are very respectable, have noble thoughts and respect other's opinions. However, a small group who cannot accept another opinion can ruin the percention of the total group.

•••
•••
What I don't like is that a small part of the vegan group is actively forcing their opinions in the face of meat eaters... However, a small group who cannot accept another opinion can ruin the percention of the total group.

I hope you never run into more severe problems

treat the animals in a human way before you kill them

•••
I hope you never run into more severe problems

treat the animals in a human way before you kill them

I don't really get your reply. I don't state this as a problem. I simply just don't like it. I treat both animals and humans the way I would like to be treated. However, I like to eat meat, so I do eat meat.

•••
Matter of taste, I guess

Animals are not products. They are living creatures. They have intelligence and sentience. If you ever ate a human and thought it tasted good, would you actively kill more humans to satisfy that taste?

I respect vegan's decisions, but it would be lovely if they respected our decisions too. What I don't like is that a small part of the vegan group is actively forcing their opinions in the face of meat eaters.

I see an overlap with religious extremists. A lot of religious people are very respectable, have noble thoughts and respect other's opinions. However, a small group who cannot accept another opinion can ruin the percention of the total group.

Vegan's respect your decisions too. It's true. The "preachy vegan" is usually a response to the "preachy meat eater". You're also going to get a distorted message via the internet where things like intonation, sarcasms, and subtleties are not apparent.

Secondly, there are some radical fallacies here. First and foremost is the idea that because your ideas are challenged means that the person(s) challenging them is somehow "wrong". If you truly accepted the opinions of others, as you claim, you'd also accept their opinions on how to actively pursue their chosen opinion.

Next, just replace "vegan" with "non-murder" and your sentence reads like this : "I respect non-murderer's decisions, but it would be lovely if they respected our decisions too. What I don't like is that a small part of the non-murder group is actively forcing their opinions in the face of murderes." Sound ridiculous? (Note: I'm not trying to say you're a murderer, I'm just using a less socially acceptable example to point out the logical fallacy with an extendable analogy.)

Finally, your ability to "not accept the opinion" of a "small group who cannot accept another opinion" is a large part of the irony here.

We aren't talking about whether or not eating one thing is wrong; we're talking about willingly taking the life of another being for our own self-interest... ie greed.

But as you say:
I treat both animals and humans the way I would like to be treated. However, I like to eat meat, so I do eat meat.

I'm going to assume you don't allow someone to enslave, torture, and murder another human on your behalf for the sake of your own cannibalistic exploits. Just an assumption though... unless you're a psychopath.

•••
Animals are not products. They are living creatures. They have intelligence and sentience. If you ever ate a human and thought it tasted good, would you actively kill more humans to satisfy that taste?
We, humans, kill other humans even without eating their bodies. If you're part of "golden milliard" it's probably because your grandgrandparents were more successful in killing and conquering other humans.

•••
I dont eat meat a lot and when I eat I eat what my religion permits me to eat and it has to be prepared in a certain way. There is no point in saying vegans are better or anything.

•••
We, humans, kill other humans even without eating their bodies. If you're part of "golden milliard" it's probably because your grandgrandparents were more successful in killing and conquering other humans.

That's way missing the point. There's no question that humans kill other humans. But does that make it OK? Is it OK simply because it happens? Do you as a moral person feel OK and/or compelled to kill another person just because they have something that you want (in our case, a satisfying taste)?

•••
That's way missing the point. There's no question that humans kill other humans. But does that make it OK? Is it OK simply because it happens? Do you as a moral person feel OK and/or compelled to kill another person just because they have something that you want (in our case, a satisfying taste)?
I don't know what is OK. At the matter of fact people are not equal. So the animals. We exploit other humans for our taste in food, clothes, interiors etc. I guess in next 20 year we'll grow synthetic meat with same quality as animal flesh. Till then we'll eat animals like our parents and grandparents.

•••
Vegan's respect your decisions too. It's true. The "preachy vegan" is usually a response to the "preachy meat eater".

Finally, your ability to "not accept the opinion" of a "small group who cannot accept another opinion" is a large part of the irony here.

First of all, I never had a dinner guest suddenly start talking about how he eats meat and why we should do it too. I heard vegans do this multiple times.

Second of all, you quote me incorrectly. I did not say I didnt accept it. I said I didnt like it.

Furthermore, your sentence where I have to replace words just makes no sense to me.

•••
Wow this thread seemed to have escalated really fast for no apparent reason at all really. We all saw this coming the minute it was created. Lets face it some like to eat meat and some like to toss the salad now move on.

•••
Lets face it some like to eat meat and some like to toss the salad now move on.

I like to eat ice cream
but I don't do so every day

I like to eat cream pie
but I don't do so everyday

I like to eat salty peanuts
but I don't do so everyday

to like meat
is a very poor argument

those killed animals are tortured their whole life
for your short moment of pleasure while eating them

•••
Dude if people didn't eat me centuries ago to survive you would not even be here today.

•••
Dude if people didn't eat me centuries ago to survive you would not even be here today.

you are right

I eat seafish
so I am not vegan

but educated yourself how
chicken and pork and cow meat is "produced" today
not in ancient times
and "bon appetite"

•••
•••
You know what's ironic I bet the angriest people in this thread and most violently typing won't even be those barbaric meat eaters. Will be the ones saying we should all get along with animals. How the he'll you gonna expect a peaceful solution for animals when you can't even calmly talk to the humans your opposing.

•••
personally I can see nobody screaming here

Last edited:
•••
•••
To get education, enroll yourself at Vegan University. For more information check out NP forum :)

•••
Our universe is a place of consumption.

I'm sure people are on the menu somewhere...

HD03+Green+aliens.jpg

Last edited:
•••
images-17.jpg

Old Indian saying they say...

•••
•••
Yeah that is true vegans must has some killer weed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back