Dynadot

poll Travel.Agency what will it sell for

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Travel.agency has to be one of the most relevant new gTLDs and therefore one would expect it to be one of the most valuable. It has 110,000 exact match searches per month on Google.
The question is what would the name now sell for?
I’m going to estimates in today's market it will sell for $7000
I think the downside of this name is that travel agencies use brands and not keywords. Keywords have lost favour over the last few years due to Google's change in the search algorithm.
Interested to see what other members think it will sell for and why and seeing who is the closet.
Also think it will be sold to a domainer and not to an end-user. And at $7000 I think there will be little upside when trying to remarket it to an end user.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$8,500 plus or minus a few K.

•••
My prediction is very simple. If this domain does not sell for 6 figures then new GTLDS are DOOMED.
I can't think of a better name in NEW GTLDS. I think new gtlds are doomed and thats why it will sell in low 5 figures.

you must precise in bold that you mean that if domainers will not buy for 6 fig so they are doomed : ) is that the real meaning ? the rest is marketing and wait and see it happen for 6 fig (or something else), the duration of the auction is 1 mo,so it may happen past that date, and it is no reserve , i'm almost sure that 100 % bids are domainers bids...

also i don't have any stat about first time end users buying at flippa auction... so maybe they exist but can hesitate to use flippa ,but i may be wrong,

•••
You left out the word agency.
@JB Lions I just can believe you said that ...

Before you make any outher comment about New gTLDs please make sure you understood that domain names are composed by LEFT & RIGHT of the dot (RIGHT of the DOT is the extension ...)

Travel.info (TRAVEL = keyword / .INFO = extension)

Travel.agency (TRAVEL = keyword / .AGENCY = extension)

What makes a domain name UNIQUE is the combination between keyword(s) & extension ...

Everybody can own a domain name that include the keyword "TRAVEL" ...
Everybody can own a domain name in the .INFO or .AGENCY extensions ...

But only one person can own Travel.info or Travel.agency because they are UNIQUE due to the LEFT+RIGHT combination ;)

How can we expect end-users to understand New gTLDs, when even some domainers don´t :?:

•••
WOW what idiots:
Domain Sherpas: Dan Schindler founder of Donuts, Rob Monster and Jebidiah Burnett from RightSide.
DNSeattle: The Investment Opportunity in New gTLDs
at 37minutes into the panel discussion, they agree at its basic form all the new gTLDs are domain hacks.

I've emailed Cyger to say hes got a lot to learn and that he should put a warning on the video. Cant believe how stupid these so called experts are.
http://www.domainsherpa.com/dnseattle-20150601/
If you watched the entire video you saw the CEO of EPIK.com saying that if people want to call New gTLDs "domain HACKs" they can do it but that does not mean they are. People are calling 5L.com & 6L.com without a,e,i,o,u,v CHiPS. The term CHiPS was born to define 4L.com without a,e,i,o,u,v and now everything is CHiPS. Same thing apply to domain hacks ... You have also seen the RightSide general manager of sales saying that Seattle.attorney has more value than SeattleAttorney.com ; just as example... ;)

•••
I did not say it won't sell for 5-figures. I said it's not worth 5-figures.
Totally disagree with you SHANE,
Travel.agency will sell for lot less than his value because now is NOT the moment and a marketplace auction is NOT the way to sell such QUALITY domain ... but definitelly worth 6 figures to the right end user ;)
Marketplace auctions are 99% domainer-to-domainer sales !

•••
the auction just started ,so there is time to watch, there will be also possibility for bid wars just before the end, nothing is impossible, the name is perfect and there are end users, the question is just if end users didn't miss the SEO class, it is not about pricing...

•••
Totally disagree with you SHANE,
Travel.agency will sell for lot less than his value because now is NOT the moment and a marketplace auction is NOT the way to sell such QUALITY domain ... but definitelly worth 6 figures to the right end user ;)
Marketplace auctions are 99% domainer-to-domainer sales !

Perhaps now isn't the time, but regarding the wrong market place I totally disagree. Ali has built up a strong following of serious buyers over the years due to all the high quality names he has sold there in the past.

If it was you or I listing with no previously established activity , then I'd agree.

•••
watched the entire video you saw the CEO of EPIK.com saying that if people want to call New gTLDs "domain HACKs" they can do it but that does not mean they are
That's strange my video says something completely different so I took the transcript...
Rob Monster : The new gTLDs legitimises the domain hack basically it is a domain hack, they are effectively a hack word word.
Michael Cyger : yes

The other two don't disagree with the statement.
Weird your video says something else.

•••
Perhaps now isn't the time, but regarding the wrong market place I totally disagree. Ali has built up a strong following of serious buyers over the years due to all the high quality names he has sold there in the past.

If it was you or I listing with no previously established activity , then I'd agree.
Marketplace auctions never reach the price you could get for a domain when dealing privately with potential buyers. I know ALI has many people/buyers following him on Flippa but those are NOT 100% buyers ... they are a mix of buyers/investors. Real end-users don´t spend their time on marketplaces looking for domains, most even don´t know that such marketplaces exist.

•••
That's strange my video says something completely different so I took the transcript...
Rob Monster : The new gTLDs legitimises the domain hack basically it is a domain hack, they are effectively a hack word word.
Michael Cyger : yes

The other two don't disagree with the statement.
Weird your video says something else.
What a pain people like you are loosing this fantastic opportunity to cash on it ... ;)
Unless you started in domaining 25 years ago and own a large portfolio of one word .COM domains to make good money selling them at today market price, you are loosing the 2nd biggest opportunity internet presents since his creation ...:)

•••
Marketplace auctions never reach the price you could get for a domain when dealing privately with potential buyers. I know ALI has many people/buyers following him on Flippa but those are NOT 100% buyers ... they are a mix of buyers/investors. Real end-users don´t spend their time on marketplaces looking for domains, most even don´t know that such marketplaces exist.

That's a given. I trust Ali knows what he's doing and no doubt reached out to many potentially interested end users alerting them to the auction. The auction result will give you a good indication if end users got involved.

•••
You have also seen the RightSide general manager of sales saying that Seattle.attorney has more value than SeattleAttorney.com ;
Today's lesson
If the owner of .attorney says Seattle.attorney is more valuable then SeattleAttorney.com then it must be true.
You just keep giving these pearls of wisdom.
Thank you from your number one student.

•••
Today's lesson
If the owner of .attorney says Seattle.attorney is more valuable then SeattleAttorney.com then it must be true.
He is NOT the owner of .attorney, just an employee ... and he handles more New gTLD sales than you, for sure ...

•••
•••
That's a given. I trust Ali knows what he's doing and no doubt reached out to many potentially interested end users alerting them to the auction. The auction result will give you a good indication if end users got involved.
I´m really sure he did and I do trust ALI as well. He always doe´s good sales ...
Just feel that this domain could get more if sold privatelly, instead using a marketplace auction.

•••
He is NOT the owner of .attorney, just an employee ... and he handles more New gTLD sales than you, for sure ...
He says he's the co founder... Silly man he doesn't even know he's just an employee.

•••
Today's lesson
If someone says that New gTLDs are HACKs then it must be true.

You still need years of lessons to learn about domain investing ... ;)

•••
If someone says that New gTLDs are HACKs then it must be true.

You still need years of lessons to learn about domain investing ... ;)
Learning from the best.

•••
•••
Today's lesson

Today's lesson for you is that you can't take everything you watch and hear on Cyger's videos as facts. It's opinions and predictions and wasn't it the home of Dicker for quite some time? :D

Last edited:
•••
I'm not teaching. I'm passing on your pearls of wisdom, for the greater benefit of others.

•••
I'm not teaching. I'm passing on your pearls of wisdom, for the greater benefit of others.
I see, you´re focus is spending some time on forums; with such motivation I doubt you´ll become a successful domain investor :)

•••
I see, you´re focus is spending some time on forums; with such motivation I doubt you´ll become a successful domain investor :)
How can one spend too much time, in the company of such Titans.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back