IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.9%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.2%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Last edited:
•••
Not to drone on, but another issue in the US justice system is this:

"According to a recent study from the Pew Research Center, of the roughly 80,000 federal prosecutions initiated in 2018, just two percent went to trial. More than 97 percent of federal criminal convictions are obtained through plea bargains, and the states are not far behind at 94 percent. "

In other words, people are coerced by prosecutors to give up their right to a trial. It's more like "we've got you now, and if you dare attempt to exercise your rights, we are really going to put the screws to you."

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...utors-are-coercing-plea-deals-yes-ncna1034201

•••
Not to drone on, but another issue in the US justice system is this:

"According to a recent study from the Pew Research Center, of the roughly 80,000 federal prosecutions initiated in 2018, just two percent went to trial. More than 97 percent of federal criminal convictions are obtained through plea bargains, and the states are not far behind at 94 percent. "

In other words, people are coerced by prosecutors to give up their right to a trial. It's more like "we've got you now, and if you dare attempt to exercise your rights, we are really going to put the screws to you."

https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opini...utors-are-coercing-plea-deals-yes-ncna1034201
You’re doing what I just talked about yesterday, trying to be slick again. Only talking about federal prosecutions and comparing it to Japan and not overall.

You are droning on, they are both free countries but the United States is more free overall, that’s all I said.

Last edited:
•••
You’re doing what I just talked about yesterday, trying to be slick again. Only talking about federal prosecutions and comparing it to Japan and not overall.
You are droning on, they are both free countries but the United States is more free overall, that’s all I said.

Never give up, JB. That's the spirit! (y)

2021-02-10 09-41-55.jpg

•••
Thanks for proving my point over and over again:xf.wink:

•••
i used to trust QZ.com
Now, after this article, all trust lost.
No neutral sources!! Amazing, race-baiters.
9B739602-FA09-4B2F-B28D-3E118B8B2044.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
They actually do reveal the truth, overall. Nobody said it applies to all residents. You can pick any country in the world and there will be people that love it, hate it. People thriving, people suffering. How they go about the data is listed on each site.

https://www.cato.org/about

https://www.heritage.org/index/about

https://rsf.org/en/media-center

This goes a lot deeper than somebody's individual feelings or experiences.

I am not disputing the validity of the data, I've used similar data sets when giving lectures at universities around the world. Freedom is unique to each individual based on their prior schema. My opinions, based on knowledge and personal experience, would likely differ from others under similar circumstances. People are likely to be more comfortable in the environment they've become accustomed to. That is why stepping out of one's comfort zone (bubble of influence) is essential for comparative purposes and making such judgements.

•••
I am not disputing the validity of the data, I've used similar data sets when giving lectures at universities around the world. Freedom is unique to each individual based on their prior schema. My opinions, based on knowledge and personal experience, would likely differ from others under similar circumstances. People are likely to be more comfortable in the environment they've become accustomed to. That is why stepping out of one's comfort zone (bubble of influence) is essential for comparative purposes and making such judgements.
Exactly, thats why those sites are legit, instead of relying on one’s personal feelings or experiences. Just because domainace sold something in China doesn’t make them less Communist and more free than America. Or trivial stuff like drinking on the beach. States decide that and the laws vary.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Exactly, thats why those sites are legit, instead of relying on one’s personal feelings or experiences. Just because domainace sold something in China doesn’t make them less Communist and more free than America. Or trivial stuff like drinking on the beach. States decide that and the laws vary.

I'm not an authority on state laws, or even the USA as a whole for that matter. For me, this thread has helped provide some insight on the pulse of American politics - which has been under the microscope since Trump took office. Current affairs in the US are of global concern and intrigue. The media has had a heyday. Any contribution I've made is merely from an observational perspective, possibly providing some rational thought and balance to the equation, however biased my position may be. I don't expect to sway anyone's political thought...personally I'd prefer to leave that duty to the gaslighters in the crowd. :xf.wink:

•••
The Brits have “Political Correctness” worse.

“Breast Feeding” is now “Chest feeding”

Last edited:
•••
•••
Exactly, thats why those sites are legit, instead of relying on one’s personal feelings or experiences.

What I keep trying to teach you is that there is no such terminology in science or academia as "legit." Every survey has its own methods criteria, all of which are subject to debate. This goes doubly so with freedom, since freedom is subjective and depends on each person's experience, desires and needs. These are like lists if the world's best places to live - pretty much meaningless except for PR.

That's why I asked you for examples of your claims to exceptional freedom. I already provided examples of the opposite.

•••
•••
The Brits have “Political Correctness” worse.

“Breast Feeding” is now “Chest feeding”

I wonder what the approved term for BJs is....

Last edited:
•••
AllSides.com >

Interesting link, thanks. I have been wondering why some aspiring media mogul hasn't tried to create news empire that actually focuses on reporting rather than proselytizing.

•••
What I keep trying to teach you is that there is no such terminology in science or academia as "legit." Every survey has its own methods criteria, all of which are subject to debate. This goes doubly so with freedom, since freedom is subjective and depends on each person's experience, desires and needs. These are like lists if the world's best places to live - pretty much meaningless except for PR.

That's why I asked you for examples of your claims to exceptional freedom. I already provided examples of the opposite.

I did give you examples, 3 big ones from experts, then gave you another one, guns. You gave me beer on a beach, still haven't answered my questions.

Let me ask you a simple question, 1 word answer.

Do you feel Japan is more free overall than North Korea?

Yes or No.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I did give you examples, 3 big ones from experts, then gave you another one, guns. You gave me beer on a beach,

Those were not examples, JB. Those were vague appeals to authority. Mr-X gave guns, not you. I gave you several, beer being cited as the least of them. Are you really that obtuse, or are you just that much in need of being right that you will misrepresent what I said?

Do you feel Japan is more free overall than North Korea?

Examples. Please don't change the subject to yet another country you know nothing about.

•••
Those were not examples, JB. Those were vague appeals to authority. Mr-X gave guns, not you. I gave you several, beer being cited as the least of them. Are you really that obtuse, or are you just that much in need of being right that you will misrepresent what I said?

Examples. Please don't change the subject to yet another country you know nothing about.

Examples? You really need to think if Japan is more free than North Korea? Is it that bad over there? Look how easy it is for me........wait for it..........America is more free than North Korea. You can't say the same of Japan?

And I mentioned guns:

Besides the 3 above, gun ownership. Your police state ain’t cool with that, much more restrictive.

Last edited:
•••
•••

The benefit of money allows a level of freedom and mobility. However, that too, can become a chain. The only true level of freedom is one's own perspective (freedom of thought), and though through construct may impede freedom of thought, education provides for a certain degree of mobilty.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back