Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who is to Blame for the Troubled US Economy?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Both Parties

votes
    44.9%
  • Neither Party

votes
    9.5%
  • Democrats

votes
    22.3%
  • Republicans

votes
    23.4%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
Here you can spout your USA political views.

Rules:
1. Keep it clean
2. No fighting
3. Respect the views of others.
4. US Political views, No Religious views
5. Have fun :)

:wave:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
well ... the increments over time may be a problem IMO ... the cost of living has gone way up since the $7.25 wage was put into place ... i think they need the $15 an hour now so they can afford to at least live on a 40hr a week job ... had they raised the wage through the years they wouldn’t have to double up on the minimum wage.. the increase in price for products shouldn’t go up drastically for us consumers ... nickels and dimes .. but for the minimum wage worker ..the $15 an hour will be life changing in the fact they will be able to actually pay rent and own a dependable vehicle... i say do the $15 now and make it right for the poor people IMO

I would be fine raising it faster as well. The vast majority of large companies can afford this easily.

It has not been raised in forever. Most people who work minimum wage still qualify for welfare, food stamps, etc. It is not a livable wage.

Somehow other countries are able to figure this out. I don't really care if taxes go up on the richest people either. The wealth disparity has become unsustainable.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
When I go to Dallas .. I get off on the same exit to get to my destination most of the time .... there is a homeless man in his 70’s now .. I have been seeing him for 10 years now .... I give him $30 every time I go there ...he isn’t a fake homeless pan handler .. he is and has been homeless for a very long time .... I also go and get him food from the McDonald’s .. it’s fucking pitiful and breaks my heart ... he may go booze with some of the money I give him .. i don’t care ... if I was living under a bridge I would drink a lot booze too ...

•••
I would be fine raising it faster as well. The vast majority of large companies can afford this easily.

It has not been raised in forever. Most people who work minimum wage still qualify for welfare, food stamps, etc. It is not a livable wage.

Somehow other countries are able to figure this out. I don't really care if taxes go up on the richest people either. The wealth disparity has become unsustainable.

Brad

yep ... we just need to make the wrongs .. right ... all this has gone on to long ... there is no reason for it to continue.... raise taxes 2% ... adjust the prices of products to allow the $15 minimum wage to go in effect now ... it won’t be a huge burden on the masses ... just some adjusting .. very minimal I think

•••
I think those that disagree with going ahead and doing the full $15 minimum wage now ... would be against say a 2% tax hike and minimal adjustments to raising product prices ..

get out and go see some homeless people and talk to them personally .. you will find that many are mentally ill and some don’t even know what the hell is really going on ... you will encounter mother’s with children ... you will encounter people who will forever make you feel grateful to have the things you have ... yes .. some homeless are at fault for their homelessness ... but we not supposed to except that they are a failure to society and leave them to rot ... the elderly in this country deserve so much more ... it’s our responsibility to make sure the elderly have their medications ... that they have food .. that they can run their air conditioner in the summer time ... it’s not pitiful .. it’s pathetic!! That the elderly go through what they do in our country ... what is going on with homeless ... elderly and people making $7.25 an hour is not America ... we are far better than this .. let’s return to the land of opportunity... like this year of 2021

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
I think those that disagree with going ahead and doing the full $15 minimum wage now ... would be against say a 2% tax hike and minimal adjustments to raising product prices ..

get out and go see some homeless people and talk to them personally .. you will find that many are mentally ill and some don’t even know what the hell is really going on ... you will encounter mother’s with children ... you will encounter people who will forever make you feel grateful to have the things you have ... yes .. some homeless are at fault for their homelessness ... but we not supposed to except that they are a failure to society and leave them to rot ... the elderly in this country deserve so much more ... it’s our responsibility to make sure the elderly have their medications ... that they have food .. that they can run their air conditioner in the summer time ... it’s not pitiful .. it’s pathetic!! That the elderly go through what they do in our country ... what is going on with homeless ... elderly and people making $7.25 an hour is not America ... we are far better than this .. let’s return to the land of opportunity... like this year of 2021
Everyone that works deserves to have a wage that allows them to live a decent life. If the minimum wage hasn't gone up in the US in so many years then who is it to blame? Politicians, Big Business, the laws of the country or other reasons?

Don't the homeless have shelters where they can spend the night and where they can go have 2 daily meals, like we have a lot of in Europe?

How about the lazy bums... all those able bodied people that are living off the hard working tax payers money? They represent a very high % of the population and they are a massive drain on the finances of the government... what is your solution for them?

How about all that constant stream of millions of illegal aliens crossing the porous border or flying in? Should companies be allowed to employ them even though they are illegal? What is your solution for them?

Last edited:
•••
You literally did not.

You posted something about me not living there, as though that's relevant. (Damn ferners!)

Give me an example of how American is freer than this poor oppressed police state of Japan. Even one.

Conviction rate.

Can anyone blame Nissan CEO running to Lebanon?

I dont! It’s above 90% or something,

•••
Now even hardcore Trumpers are going after each other...

Overstock founder Patrick Byrne is blasting his one-time allies on the Trump legal team, portraying Rudy Giuliani as a man dogged by two vices: drinking and podcasting.

Show attachment 182046

Perfect.

Hope Rudy sues for defamation. Becoming popular
Green Job's Czar, John Kerry - Let them fly coach...

Ivanka flied coach...

She was harassed on a plane (with child no less!)

By Lauren Duca who promptly OBLITERATED on Fox.

Had a sequel interview; She was obliterated there too.

Last edited:
•••
Everyone that works deserves to have a wage that allows them to live a decent life. If the minimum wage hasn't gone up in the US in so many years then who is it to blame? Politicians, Big Business, the laws of the country or other reasons?

Don't the homeless have shelters where they can spend the night and where they can go have 2 daily meals, like we have a lot of in Europe?

How about the lazy bums... all those able bodied people that are living off the hard working tax payers money? They represent a very high % of the population and they are a massive drain on the finances of the government... what is your solution for them?

How about all that constant stream of millions of illegal aliens crossing the porous border or flying in? Should companies be allowed to employ them even though they are illegal? What is your solution for them?

most don’t get into those shelters .. the capacity is so small ... the people that are able bodied shouldn’t receive funds ... maybe give those lazy fucks an opportunity to go to a trade school or something .. we have millions of people who have a felony conviction .. but yet are skilled workers that can not get a job because of their felony conviction .. that needs to be fixed ASAP...

The illegals shouldn’t receive help from the government .... that is enabling them ... the illegals should be immediately taken back to their country... instead of holding them in fenced in areas .. i would think it’s cheaper to just take them back as opposed to holding them .. that’s not the correct diplomatic way to handle it .. but it’s the way it should be handled IMO

•••
“The Cult of Vanity Fair”

Elitist Leftists, Snobs

146CA0AD-366F-4CE9-9C74-1A195BFD19EE.jpeg

Last edited:
•••
Rankings from websites may not reveal the actual truth on the ground, nor does it apply to all residents of a country.

They actually do reveal the truth, overall. Nobody said it applies to all residents. You can pick any country in the world and there will be people that love it, hate it. People thriving, people suffering. How they go about the data is listed on each site.

https://www.cato.org/about

https://www.heritage.org/index/about

https://rsf.org/en/media-center

This goes a lot deeper than somebody's individual feelings or experiences.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Trump is Screwed.

Those 2 defense lawyers have no idea what they are doing.
You get what you pay for I guess.

•••
Trump is Screwed.

Those 2 defense lawyers have no idea what they are doing.
You get what you pay for I guess.

His lawyers have been terrible. He fired his whole legal team recently replaced by these guys.

He is running into the same problem he had with his election fraud squad. Not many serious lawyers are willing to work for him. It hurts their credibility, and they like to actually get paid. :)

The majority, including several GOP senators will vote to convict but it won't reach 2/3.

Hardly any GOP senators are really arguing what happened, that Trump was responsible for much of this. Their arguments are technical, process related. They are also wrong about those based on precedent.

GOP Sen. John Cornyn told reporters after today's impeachment proceedings that former President Trump's defense team was "not one of the finest I've seen."

“And then I thought the President's lawyer, the first lawyer, just rambled on and on and on and didn't really address the constitutional argument."

Even @LindseyGrahamSC
says the Trump legal team was hard to follow: "I thought I knew where it was going, and I really didn’t know where it was going."

GOP Senator Bill Cassidy said -

CASSIDY: "President Trump’s team was disorganized....if I'm an impartial juror, and one side is doing a great job, and the other side is doing a terrible job, on the issue at hand, as an impartial juror, I'm going to vote for the side that did the good job."

Last edited:
•••
LOL. Valid point.

Lawyer for the former POTUS who maintains that the election was stolen argues that there’s no need to disqualify that former POTUS because the American people just voted him out of office.

•••
•••
Sure sounds like a threat.

Trump lawyer David Schoen showed up VERY LOUDLY accusing Democrats of wanting to disenfranchise 74 million people and start a civil war.

It sure is cute to me that people are so concerned about the 74 million disenfranchised voters, while not being concerned about disenfranchising the 81 million voters when they were trying to overturn the election.

They were also not concerned with the 3M+ MORE people that were disenfranchised than voted for Trump in 2016.

•••
•••
LOL. Valid point.

Lawyer for the former POTUS who maintains that the election was stolen argues that there’s no need to disqualify that former POTUS because the American people just voted him out of office.
tenor.gif

lol

•••
LOL. Valid point.

Either their logic is flawed, or it's an attempt to restore confidence in democracy. :xf.wink:

•••
Conviction rate.
Can anyone blame Nissan CEO running to Lebanon?
I dont! It’s above 90% or something,

I don't blame him either, and the justice system here is awful. That said, let's compare:

"In the United States federal court system, the conviction rate rose from approximately 75 percent to approximately 85% between 1972 and 1992.[13] For 2012, the US Department of Justice reported a 93% conviction rate"

Meanwhile in Japan:

"The conviction rate is 99.3%. By only stating this high conviction rate it is often misunderstood too high- however, this high conviction rate drops significantly when accounting for the fact that Japanese prosecutors drop roughly half the cases they are given.

In Japan, unlike in some other democracies, arrests require permission of judges except for cases such as arresting someone while committing a crime. Only significant cases with sufficient evidence are subject to indictment, since becoming a party to a criminal trial imposes a burden on a suspect; Japan’s indictment ratio is only 37%—“99.3%” is the percentage of convictions divided by the number of indictments, not the criminals. As such, the conviction rate is high."

On top of that, you are probably about 100 times (let's be conservative and say 50 times) more likely to be arrested in the US than in Japan. So your odds of ever having to deal with jails, prosecutors and the courts here are very low, while the US has more prisoners than any nation in the world.

Ghosn was a good example of what's bad - Nissan execs conspiring with prosecutors to eliminate a foreign rival.

•••
but always after crossing back over the border I felt much safer, without fear of getting shot

That's another example of freedom that people don't think about. Not that people actually think about freedom - they just use the word a lot.

There are many kinds of freedom, from important ones like freedom of speech to lesser ones like the right to drink a beer on the beach without being harassed. But JB couldn't think of one freedom he had that we don't have.

Mr-X mentioned guns, that's a big one, though many are trying to take it away. A lesser one is the right to smoke weed - the beer on the beach is more important to me. Different freedoms appeal to different people, and the big freedoms apply to all.

Yet the USA is the only nation on earth to believe they are uniquely free, despite all evidence to the contrary. That's a form of brainwashing.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back