Dynadot

alert The fund can't be withdrawal from Epik.com via Masterbucks wallet

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

enamebroker

Top Member
Impact
It happened on 23rd Aug 2022 and this matter lasted almost one month without any process. Masterbucks.com declined my fund withdrawal and disabled the button of fund withdrawal. And I contacted Epik.com and got no further action even if Rob Monster got involved in it for two weeks. All the time I was told in email by management review.

What is wrong with Epik.com? Do you think it is normal to disable fund withdrawal? How can I get back my fund from Epik.com? Thanks for your suggestion.

Capture4.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Since the rating is overall, the company's bad escrow behavior drags it to last place in other categories.

Cloud Computing Service
DNS Provider
Internet Service Provider
Web Hosting Company
A company can do a lot of negative things, and get away with it.

But, when you start messing with people's money you are gonna hear about it.

They have had (11) 1-star reviews in a row.
16 of the last 17 are 1-star.

As much trash as some people talk about GoDaddy, they have a 4.7 on TrustPilot over more than 52,000 reviews.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
It is important not to use Epik's services, which can be bought with dollars and euros stored in Masterbucks wallets. Otherwise, it will give the impression that we somehow recognize these dollars and euros as tokens to pay for Epik's internal services. So I decided not to try to save money by registering and buying names from Epik.

•••
Whats relevance of your posts Dennis?
Your posting to link to your previous post

•••
•••
Can anyone connect me with a big law firm in Washington state that can actually help me?

•••
•••
We must choose among the Democrats.

•••
While we wait, it looks like we could make a few bucks (and maybe even receive them) here:

https://www.master-bucks.com/
Yes I was going to say, the hyphenated website must really hate their name in the news like this. They might want to think about rebranding. You know plenty of netizens who are not very tech savvy might think it's their funds at Master-Bucks.com.

•••
•••
Or, they could make the verification process a real pain in the ass.
About that, the point 4 of their privacy policy states verification is only "in rare cases" and "on a strictly voluntary basis".

Now, it seems they are acting as demanding verification for any withdrawal. And no verification = no withdrawal? This doesn't seem to align very well with what their privacy policy says, or does it?

•••
Is it possible to claim compensation for moral damages?
I guess you can always ask. Now, getting some, that's another story. Maybe, though.
You can argue the distress you suffered needs reparation.

•••
About that, the point 4 of their privacy policy states verification is only "in rare cases" and "on a strictly voluntary basis".

Now, it seems they are acting as demanding verification for any withdrawal. And no verification = no withdrawal? This doesn't seem to align very well with what their privacy policy says, or does it?

Yes, I would not consider that "voluntary" if it is a condition of withdrawing your funds. It would seem rather compulsory actually.

When I purchased that domain from their marketplace that they later removed from my account without authorization, it was only because I was able to pay via Paypal.

Personally, I would be highly hesitant to provide any sensitive identity documents to a company that suffered such a major breach in the recent past, and their poor security practices were pointed to by many experts in the field.

Can they be expected to be good stewards of this sensitive data? Who knows.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
I have removed all my domain names (external) from the Epik website.

Last edited:
•••
If now someone sells a name on the Epik marketplace, apparently the money will go to disabled Masterbucks wallets, and the owner of this money will join the sufferers who cannot receive their money from Epik.

•••
If now someone sells a name on the Epik marketplace, apparently the money will go to disabled Masterbucks wallets, and the owner of this money will join the sufferers who cannot receive their money from Epik.
Very disappointing. It's called Growing the Pie. For Epik, in this case.

•••
15 negative reviews from the Indian disappeared from Trustpilot, due to this, Epik's rating rose to 4.
Apparently, $25,000 gave it to the Indian.

Last edited:
•••
•••
For me, it was especially mean of Epik that, already knowing about the upcoming blocking of money, Epik persuaded me to conduct two more transactions, for $10,000 and $5,000. It helped me that the buyers categorically did not want to contact Epik. So we escrowed to other websites, so I got the money and have already bought a supply of diesel fuel with it in case the Russians destroy the gas and electricity supply with their rockets so that we can survive the winter.

Last edited:
•••
As for me, it's bad that Trustpilot allows you to remove bad reviews. This distorts the truth and disorientates future consumers.

•••
A caught thief who is forced to return stolen goods should be remembered as a thief, and other people should be aware of his thieving tendencies.

•••
As for me, it's bad that Trustpilot allows you to remove bad reviews. This distorts the truth and disorientates future consumers.
I have mixed feelings on that.

While some issues might be miscommunications or good faith errors, that could be resolved amicably...it certainly could allow a company to abuse the system by incentivizing or compelling another party to remove a review.

There should be no situation where the removal of a negative review is a condition to doing the right thing.
If the person who left it chooses to remove it, that is different.

Epik has frozen customer's funds from withdrawal. They are obligated to unlock the funds.
Any review is irrelevant to that fundamental point.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back