Dynadot

Sav Official Thread

NameSilo
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is it possible to use sales funds for backordering domains ?

•••
•••
@Nick R I am unable to complete the payment for one domain I am trying to purchase through SAV. It shows processor declined. I have tried to pay through Paypal / Different cards but to no avail. All the articles listed in the help section related to this are not quite helpful.

•••
Hello Nick,

On the 14th of this month, I received an email from SAV that there was confusion in the auctions won due to a system problem and that the domains went to the wrong people.
You claimed in the email that you fixed the problem and I jokingly replied "don't code while drunk!" then I didn't dwell too much on it.

I just noticed that social****.co, which I won on the 16th of the month and paid $27 for, was not registered on my account.

Transaction ID: 249649
Winning bid for social****.co $27.00
Paid on 10/16/2021 3:00pm​

I'm sorry, but this is simply called fraud!

Now I have to manually check and compare more than 150 domains, invoices and bank transactions one by one from the beginning...

Who owns the domain name I paid for now?!
May I know why such a problem occurs?
Are you really sure you fixed this critical issue?
Does anyone on your team really know how to code and do unit testing?
And the most important thing; should I continue to participate in auctions with confidence?

I will be waiting for an honest and satisfactory answer...

Thank you.

@Nick R

•••
Sav stole my 4L .com domain name; They owe me $165 USD.

I sold a 4-letter .com domain name in auction at Sav platform on 15 October. The sale price was $180.00 USD. As it was held with other registrar (Dynadot) I had to transfer the name to Sav after the sale, which I did on the same day. After deduction of transfer fee ($7.95) and Sav commission (4%) I was expecting to get $165.17 USD. They even sent me an e-mail with the exact same amount to congratulate me for the sale. So the amount is confirmed.

After I transferred the name to them (just like they told me to) I received another e-mail saying that they had added $0.00 to my account balance. I thought it was a mistake and they would fix it later. Sadly they never did.

I mailed them to ask what was going on. By the way Sav is the only registrar and a marketplace in the world with no customer support. The only way to reach them is via e-mail. And replies usually take days.

Anyway the guy who replied (his name was Luca) first said that the money will be in pending status for 5 days and blah blah. He didn’t even make the effort to check what the problem was. Second reply was to ask me about the e-mail address associated with my account on Sav. (The e-mail address is the same I was mailing them from.) In his last message he said that I didn’t transfer the name to the buyer and that’s why I haven’t gotten paid. Which was of course a lie. They stopped replying after that.

A simple whois check shows that I have transferred the name to them on 15 October (the day of the sale). The new owner even changed the name-servers twice since, and currently has listed the name for sale for $499. The sale is also reported on Namebio. The domain name is VQKU(.)com, so everyone can check the facts.

I have made screenshots of all e-mails, plus I have other proofs for the sale, and the transfer. (I can upload them if needed.)

So, dear Sav @Nick R I want from you to either send $165.17 USD to my account, or transfer the domain name back to me. The ticket number that your system created is #96109677.

Thanks.

•••
After 8 days of waiting and incompetent replies from Luca he has escalated the ticket higher. @Nick R Why don’t you show the boy how to do whois checks? It’s never too late to learn new things. Honestly I have no words to describe the level of incompetence in your company.

Also how many more people do you need to tell you that your “support via e-mail only” innovation is not working?! While it’s good for you and your pocket, it’s probably not very good for your staff as they are overwhelmed with open and unresolved tickets, and it’s definitely not good for your customers who waste days, or even weeks in nerves mailing Sav. Normal companies have 24/7 online support via chat or 24/7 support via phone. This way the customer support agent can focus on one issue at a time and resolve it within a few minutes, cancel, and then move on to the next one. The way you are doing it is opening hundreds, or even thousands of tickets at the same time and then trying to resolve all of them at once. So I can imagine how focused on any specific issue your support can be. Zero! That’s how focused they are. And stop lying that tickets are resolved within 2-3 business days. This is simply not true. It takes your staff 2-3 days to only read the ticket and send an initial reply. In most cases the first response is totally inadequate, so many more e-mails and days are needed after that in order to resolve and cancel tickets. I guess you kept repeating the lie for so long that you probably started believing it was true at some point. Wake up - support via e-mail only is not in any way better than online support.

Another big lie is your 4% commission. Stop comparing the 4% with commissions other platforms charge. The big difference is that other marketplaces include the withdrawal fees in their commissions. Sav don’t. You charge withdrawal fees on top of your 4%. If you want to compare with others, then be honest about numbers and percentages. In the best case scenario your commission compared to other marketplaces is 6%. This is if you are withdrawing via PayPal. All other methods are even more expensive. Not to mention that 10 days is way too long time for withdrawals to take place. Why don’t we try something else - I will register a domain name today, and I will pay you 10 days later? Sounds fair?

In the case of VQKU(.)com you sold my name on 15 October, but you will pay me when you do (hopefully before Christmas). And how much more will you pay me for the time wasted, the nerves, the e-mails, the Trustpilot reviews, NamePros posts and so on?

I’ve been with Sav for a year and a half now probably. Very little has improved since I started using your service. A few good things happened maybe (bulk edits for instance), but the avalanche of bad things happening simply surmounts the good examples. The overall result is that you are not improving in any way. You keep neglecting problems until they finally explode.

What I hate the most about Sav is that no matter what, it’s never your fault. I can’t register an .io name - it’s the registry’s fault; Payments are not going through - it’s my bank’s fault; DNS are not updating for days - it’s somebody else’s fault; Something else happens - let’s blame the global warming...

Backorders - have you ever delivered a single backordered name to someone without first auctioning it? I doubt you have. You simply auction every single backorder with the excuse that names have been backordered by more than 1 person.

I have no idea why you are trying to sabotage your own business to be fair. It’s still a mystery to me.

Last edited:
•••
What kind of company can not get their "Bulk transfer" feature working. It's so unreliable, it's crazy they have still not fixed it. Tried both FF and Chrome. Uploaded CSV of 50 domains, takes like 2-3 minute per domain To Load in the cart (if that) and still does not load them past 5-7 domains. What a waste of product, i don't have any issues with other Sav Services, but i can't use Sav if i can't bulk transfer my domains in periodically.

•••
@davidc1 - Not currently but we do have this on our todo list. In the meantime, yuo can cash out to PayPal, then use those funds as a Payment method when backordering domains.

@VidhataPrakash, @Mark4domain - Our support team can take a look at this for you - help.sav.com

@karamakate - Please submit a support ticket with the details, DM me the ticket number, then ill take a look and reply back within the ticket.

@anton - I do see the ticket in our system and apologize for the delayed responses. It does look like something did go wrong so it was escalated to our Advanced Support Team on Friday. I checked with them and the root cause is being looked into tomorrow and you should have a reply by then. I asked them to keep me updated directly on this ticket as well so we can ensure it gets resolved quickly. Regarding payout fees on top of Marketplace revenue, they vary based on the payout method. For example, in the US, an ACH payment is only 50 cents. If you sell a domain for $500 that only comes out to 1/10th of a percent. Please feel free to DM me directly with any other concerns - we are here to help!

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
After 8 days of waiting and incompetent replies from Luca he has escalated the ticket higher. @Nick R Why don’t you show the boy how to do whois checks? It’s never too late to learn new things. Honestly I have no words to describe the level of incompetence in your company.

Also how many more people do you need to tell you that your “support via e-mail only” innovation is not working?! While it’s good for you and your pocket, it’s probably not very good for your staff as they are overwhelmed with open and unresolved tickets, and it’s definitely not good for your customers who waste days, or even weeks in nerves mailing Sav. Normal companies have 24/7 online support via chat or 24/7 support via phone. This way the customer support agent can focus on one issue at a time and resolve it within a few minutes, cancel, and then move on to the next one. The way you are doing it is opening hundreds, or even thousands of tickets at the same time and then trying to resolve all of them at once. So I can imagine how focused on any specific issue your support can be. Zero! That’s how focused they are. And stop lying that tickets are resolved within 2-3 business days. This is simply not true. It takes your staff 2-3 days to only read the ticket and send an initial reply. In most cases the first response is totally inadequate, so many more e-mails and days are needed after that in order to resolve and cancel tickets. I guess you kept repeating the lie for so long that you probably started believing it was true at some point. Wake up - support via e-mail only is not in any way better than online support.

Another big lie is your 4% commission. Stop comparing the 4% with commissions other platforms charge. The big difference is that other marketplaces include the withdrawal fees in their commissions. Sav don’t. You charge withdrawal fees on top of your 4%. If you want to compare with others, then be honest about numbers and percentages. In the best case scenario your commission compared to other marketplaces is 6%. This is if you are withdrawing via PayPal. All other methods are even more expensive. Not to mention that 10 days is way too long time for withdrawals to take place. Why don’t we try something else - I will register a domain name today, and I will pay you 10 days later? Sounds fair?

In the case of VQKU(.)com you sold my name on 15 October, but you will pay me when you do (hopefully before Christmas). And how much more will you pay me for the time wasted, the nerves, the e-mails, the Trustpilot reviews, NamePros posts and so on?

I’ve been with Sav for a year and a half now probably. Very little has improved since I started using your service. A few good things happened maybe (bulk edits for instance), but the avalanche of bad things happening simply surmounts the good examples. The overall result is that you are not improving in any way. You keep neglecting problems until they finally explode.

What I hate the most about Sav is that no matter what, it’s never your fault. I can’t register an .io name - it’s the registry’s fault; Payments are not going through - it’s my bank’s fault; DNS are not updating for days - it’s somebody else’s fault; Something else happens - let’s blame the global warming...

Backorders - have you ever delivered a single backordered name to someone without first auctioning it? I doubt you have. You simply auction every single backorder with the excuse that names have been backordered by more than 1 person.

I have no idea why you are trying to sabotage your own business to be fair. It’s still a mystery to me.
Thanks for your post that is definitely not cool I was about to switch from Dan because of the 9% but I just sold a domain and had the money in my account within like 3 day through PayPal from when I pushed and time is money.

•••
@Nick R

I am so overwhelmed by Luca's erratic and unprofessional attitude!
He changes his mind at the last minute and leaves the customer in a difficult situation.

Please I request you to look into this matter urgently.
Ticket Number: 1324536416

Merci.

•••
I only want to say that @Nick R fixed the problem with VQKU.com and I was able to start a payout to my PayPal account. So thanks, Nick.

Anyway this doesn’t change the fact that Sav customer support is to say at least slow and unprofessional. I really hope that they can fix this. I just don’t think that Nick should get involved every time, in order for a problem to be resolved. Doesn’t look like a sustainable and practical solution to me.

It doesn’t change the fact that the site is quite buggish, and lacks too many basic features also.

Everything else I wanted to say has been sent to Nick in a private message.

Last edited:
•••
I AM SOOO F*****G DONE WITH SAV!!!

Just 2 days after @Nick R sorted the sale of VQKU.com and I was able to initiate a payout to my account, another issue occurred.

I won the auction for a .net domain name for $51 USD three days ago. Sav failed to charge my main card twice. I asked my sister to use her card. I even purchased 3 domain names through it in order to make sure that payments are going through. They successfully charged me for them 3 names, but the payment for the .net name didn’t go through again.

Now because I didn’t pay - the name is back in auction and my account is restricted from participating in future auctions. I just want to say that I didn’t pay not because I didn’t want to - SAV DIDN’T ALLOW ME TO PAY!!!

I am attaching screenshots from my e-mail to their customer support, my DM message to @Nick R and my direct e-mail to him - none of them have been replied of course.

SAV is officially the worst company I have ever had to deal with, and I don’t recommend it to anyone!!! A company that made me beg them and drove me nearly to tears from feeling helpless to do whatever. Their prices are low yes - just like the quality of the service you will get! People have said “The cheap is often costly” and they’re right. Sav is the living proof!

So @Nick R I am done with you and your company! I will start transferring my names out from tomorrow. If anybody is interested, Epik offers transfers-in for .com names for $6.99. Also check Dynadot - much much better services with normal customer support that replies in less than 2 minutes.

@Nick R Please, please, don’t ever dare to message me in private again. If you want to say anything to me, say it in public. I will make sure I submit at least one bad review about Sav weekly from now on. I will keep posting how bad you are on social media and everywhere. Until the end of time. I SWEAR!!!

Last edited:
•••
If you are not aware...

Epik was hacked recently, including CC details of their customers.

Dynadot is full of bugs as well.

•••
If you are not aware...

Epik was hacked recently, including CC details of their customers.

Dynadot is full of bugs as well.

I am aware. And they’re still much better than what we have here. Much much much much much better.

Last edited:
•••
I pay via PayPal (via my card bound to PayPal)...
This method is safe, and I never had any issues with my payments to Sav.

Last edited:
•••
@Nick R
I sent emails and a private message regarding a failed payment. I added PayPal, but Sav keeps trying to charge my old cc even though I deleted.
Hopefully, you guys get phone support soon!
Thanks!

•••
I pay via PayPal (via my card bound to PayPal)...
This method is safe, and I never had any issues with my payments to Sav.

You simply have been lucky to date then. One day - sooner or later - you will be in my situation, and then you will know what I am talking about. And you will understand what is to feel helpless to do whatever.

And still - if Sav had normal customer support that could react on time, the problem with the failed payment would’ve been resolved within a few minutes. The name was going to be paid, I wouldn’t lose it, and my account wouldn’t have been restricted.

I messaged support yesterday (Saturday). They will reply on Monday or Tuesday probably. And what then? Do you honestly find the time of 2 or 3 days normal for a reply to a support ticket? Especially when the matter is urgent? Name one other registrar or a marketplace that have the same or similar customer support.

Do you want to know why I am so frustrated at the moment?! Because I actually like Sav, and I like Nick. I have probably sent them hundreds of customers. The problem is that they’re making it really hard for me to keep liking them. They have screwed me over so many times now.

Last edited:
•••
1. They don't have ~realtime support from the beginning!
And all serious domainers know and understand this factor...

2. PayPal is reliable way to pay... That's why nothing happens for years!
VS the direct charge via various 3rd-party CC processors with their own blacklists, anti-fraud flags etc.

•••
1. They don't have ~realtime support from the beginning!
And all serious domainers know and understand this factor...

2. PayPal is reliable way to pay... That's why nothing happens for years!
VS the direct charge via various 3rd-party CC processors with their own blacklists, anti-fraud flags etc.

I know!!! And I usually pay with PayPal. Just happened that I didn’t have money in my PayPal account this time, so I had to use a card instead. Not to mention that I didn’t have enough money in my PP balance again because of Sav. And because it took them ages to send it.

Also they will never have realtime customer support exactly because of people like you - who are trying to convince me (and themselves) how this is all normal.

Last edited:
•••
Balance is not necessary to use PayPal...
Just add/link your card to PayPal.

•••
Balance is not necessary to use PayPal...
Just add/link your card to PayPal.

No point anymore - I lost the name and the account. My main card is linked. I should’ve probably tried to link the other one as well. But as I said too late now.

•••
Sav's destiny doesn't matter for me...
I just comment what I see, and based on my experience...

•••
Sav's destiny doesn't matter for me...
I just comment what I see, and based on my experience...

It does matter to me - I hope they go to hell. :xf.smile:Together with their non-existent customer support... Especially that guy called Luca who is a shame for anything domain names related.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back