Dynadot

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I don’t know if its allowed on this forum but please stop marketing to me via DM to bring my names over to SAV landers. Thanks.

•••
Hello.

@Anton Naydenov - We do appreciate you enthusiasm for Sav auctions but making so many unfounded accusations has gone too far. You are welcome to keep posting on here but this will be the last reply we will make to your posts. As always, our support team will always be available to answer any questions you have. We truly do wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Sav Twitter - We do not currently have social media accounts that we manage but feel free to DM if we can help with anything.

@Adam Bailey - We just read these posts from today and have not taken any manual action on our end. As we said earlier in the thread, we submit voided pre-auths to banks immediately but do not have any control on how they process them. Either way, we are glad to hear everything worked out as intended! Regarding getting unbanned, please DM me your email address and submit a support ticket requesting this if you haven't already. We will take a look and see what happened.

@MasterOfMyDomains - We pride ourselves on our customer reviews and are thrilled that our customers have graciously given us one of the highest TrustPilot ratings of the top domain registrars. If you do have any concerns or need any help please feel free to DM me directly. We are here to help!

@Relevant Domain - I would be happy to take a look into this personally. Can you DM me your account's email address so we can pull up the tickets?

Last edited:
•••
PayPal Payments Re-enabled at Sav

As of 10:30 AM CDT on August 22, PayPal has re-enabled our ability to accept payments via PayPal. We learned this morning that our account was disabled last week due only to a domain name that had no association with Sav. We provided this explanation to PayPal and they promptly re-enabled our access. Most importantly, we just wanted to give our huge thanks to the domain community and our many users for taking the time to reach out to PayPal on social media to promptly bring this matter to their attention!

•••
Hey Nick,

1) What is the reason for a120 day lockdown on domain names there at SAV.com?

20200804_123002.jpg

2) I've been trying to get a dot org domain name out of there after purchasing it thru your marketplace and it is past the 60 day ICANN lock but yet it is still on lockdown w/an additional 60 day SAV imposed domain name lock. This is 120 day total lockdown. You are telling me I have to send in a copy of my Government ID and a copy of my credit card used there in order to possibly get that 120 day lock deleted. This makes my domain name almost worthless for an entire 4 months unless I want to send you all of my valuable, personal info. I've never heard anything like this at any Domain Registrar before. This seems beyond ridiculous to hold a domain name hostage for 1/3 of the year. Is there a way to undo your 120 day lockdown without sending a copy of Government ID and a copy of our Credit Card?

3) For those of us who use DAN/Undeveloped as an additional marketplace to sell our domain names we cannot add them in DAN because they don't allow SAV domain names to be listed there in their marketplace. Is there any potential of you guys rectifying whatever issues w/DAN so we can have one more marketplace to list our domains?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
I wonder how the real owner of the domain isn't fed up

The person who started the auction and the person who made the bids are the same person.
They are setting up a trap by creating fake accounts. As soon as another user comes and says "This domain attracts a lot of attention, high offers have been given. I must buy it!" he is hooked.

In short, this is called shill bidding, it's a well-known old tactic and it's obvious that company executives are determined not to take action against it.
I don't want to believe that someone in charge of the company's technical department (Nick) does not know about such tricks.

SAV offers a huge open platform for fraud.

•••
Sav is refusing to refund all overcharged backorders!

I had backordered a few hundred XYZ domains at $1.88, and now they are charging me $9.88 for each one. They changed the price without any warning. Now I'm being overcharged hundreds of dollars!

I am finally done. This has happened too many times. I am going to stop backordering and bidding on most domains and start to transfer out the ones I already have with them. Enough is enough!

•••
Last month I sold a domain name via DAN and pushed it to DAN's transfer account.

The domain name in question returned to my account 2 times and I had to transfer it again.

I just realized that the domain is back in my account for the 3rd time and what's more, it's up for auction!

What kind of amateur are you exactly?

Should we understand all these back-to-back glitches as the company may soon disappear like @Nick R and our assets are in jeopardy?

•••
I think it's important for people to post here if they're having issues, just for the sake of other Namepros users being aware of any on-going issues with basic functionality at Sav.

Sav wants to discourage people from sharing their issues, but I want to encourage people to keep sharing their issues. It's important. It's what these threads are for. If you want nothing but praise, earn it. If you don't want people posting negative things in your thread, answer their support tickets more quickly, don't tell them to keep quiet.

I understand that you can't do anything with a forum post unless you have a ticket number, but it looks kind of shady to continually discourage people from sharing their issues publicly. I'm not saying you're shady, I'm saying that's how it looks.

Also, it sounds like NamePros users get priority support times if they're able to DM you. What about everyone else, the people who aren't NamePros users? Why should they have to wait longer? Everyone should get the same support times, even the people who aren't able to share their experiences on a forum.

Not only that, but in this very thread, you said that users who post criticisms of you will get slower support times. That's insane. That's absolutely not okay. Say what you want about GoDaddy, for example, but when they get criticized (usually for good reasons), they take it on the chin and they do their jobs. They don't try to discourage people from sharing their experiences.

Take some accountability. I don't know if you realize how poorly you've been handling things from the perspective of potential customers but I can tell you, it's NOT good.

Another example: Instead of arguing with @Brandworthy, you should say "Thank you for bringing this to our attention, you're right, it's very unusual for us to put a hold on your card for every single auction bid on the same auction. This was an oversight, and we're going to make it right."

"imo..."

•••
What's the status on Live Chat support integration?

•••
sav.com backorders are only good for domains you suspect nobody else cares about and you want to get as cheap as possible. For anything else, even $11 dropcatch discount backorders are infinitely more effective, but you need to take the risk of HugeDomains frontrunning you. For domains you really care about - full-price dropcatch + snapnames/namejet backorders.

That said, sav caught me a few domains in the past. But it was just a small percent of what I ordered.

•••
Hello all and thanks for the lively discussion on how we can make Sav better! When people DM us NP we do typically ask them to submit a support ticket first but if you ever get an answer that you want clarification on, please feel free to DM me directly and I would be happy to take a look. In the case of @sava en, we are working with them directly to get this resolved.

Now our most common request is an updated domain manager. We were planning on waiting until this goes live later next week but now is a good of time as ever to share the details!

domains.png

bulk.png

filters.png

whois.png

columns.png

Here are some of great features:
  • 27 customizable columns, all sortable
  • Complex filtering of domains based on any combination of columns
  • Bulk Update tools to Renew, Update NS, Whois, Lock/Unlock, etc…
  • Organization of domains using Folders
  • Bulk domain search

We are in the final stages of dev and testing now. Please keep an eye out for this later next week. We are very excited for everyone to try it out.

Last edited:
•••
I've just had the worst customer service expedience with Sav.
I want to transfer out a few domains and 2 of them have technical issues - for one the auth code provided by the control panel is just plain wrong and the other can't be unlocked because of a back end error.

Opened a case 4 days ago but the monosyllabic responses are very very very slow and the guy answering (some Hassan without a last name...) doesn't care about getting this solved, only about marking the ticket as "replied". He dragged this with the slow responses until the domains expired and now he is saying that he can't do anything until I renew.

Every serious registrar provides auth codes and unlocks 15 - 20 days after expiry. Some even until day 31.
Looks like Sav doesn't want to be a serious registrar...

@Nick R - you don't keep customers by force. That's how you drive them away.

•••
I'm having issues all the time with Sav as certain domains cannot be registered, although they are free (irrespective of the tld). It says "Unsuccessful Items From Your Cart". Trying again doesn't work as the situation is a stubborn one. So in such case I simply use a different registrar to register the domain.

Anyway. It is annoying of course - but I'm not going to create any drama right now.

My point is, to a few other NP members here:

If you're so upset about Sav, why do you continue using them?

I can even answer that for you, the reason is simple: Price. You're using Sav cause it has the lowest price. Yet you expect great support for that. I'm sorry but this is always the case: You get what you pay for.

If you haven't figured out this already: Sav is a low-cost registrar. Like everything else in life, this also comes with pros and cons.

Support is likely small and overstretched right now, because it simply is. In such low-cost domain registrations you don't make money if you have top-notch support added, but losses.

So support will be slow and technical issues can occur. With time, they can improve. Right now with the tech updates errors can be even more prominent and more of them. So what you need is right now is, read my words here: Patience.

Side note, their aftermarket choices are also tailored on their need to make money after registration and feed the balance sheet, as it appears to me they don't make any money from our registrations, but the contrary. And a registrar that is losing money is not one you want to be with.

I'm really sorry for everyone that has bad issues with Sav. I have issues too.

But the point is, either realize right now they are a low cost registrar and this comes with certain issues, OR use a different one - with a better(Edit: and faster) support and service, but obviously at a different cost. For now at least, it is what it is. A lot of complaining and drama doesn't help you at this stage.

Patience is needed. If you don't have it, perhaps Sav is not the right choice for you.

I've had tech projects of significant magnitude in the past so I know the drill. With time, they will improve if users give them enough time to fix the problems. Or not - but that is to be seen, in time. So again, patience is key. Feedback will also work over time and steer them in the right direction but this cannot happen overnight with such a large number of issues.

Just my 2 cents...

Last edited:
•••
We can understand not agreeing with this process and we are looking at changing it i the near future but please do not say that we do not give any notification.
Please re-read my comments. Where did I say you don't give that notification? I said that any such notification does not relieve you of your duty to not do what you're doing:
There are no warnings, notifications or conditions that can override your duty not to charge/block CCs the way you currently do in auctions.
@Nick R my ticket requesting the name of your payment processor is 124505.

Here's the exact wording from https://www.sav.com/pages/how_auctions_work:
Your payment will be preauthorized for the bid amount on each auction you bid on.
If I bid up to $141 in multiple steps, your own conditions state that you *WILL* preauthorize for the bid amount. You preauthorized over $400 USD against my bid of $141. I didn't bid $400, I bid $141.

Now look at the wording of the conditions you make users agree to (which you kindly blew up for impact):
[... ] and understand that your credit card may be authorized for your bid upon submission.
Let me be clear here:
1. If a user places a bid which is an underbid, you have no place pre-authorizing that charge; NONE. Your system knows it's an underbid, yet still pre-authorizes the charge.
2. Under no circumstances do you have a right to pre-authorize an amount higher than that bid by a user. The fact that your system has this bug is pretty astonishing, but that you are here defending it is even worse IMO.

What you should be saying here is: yes, it's a bug, and we're going to fix it ASAP.

Last edited:
•••
I can't reach anyone. I have transferred my domain to Sav and it’s not showing under my account, all I can see is transfer completed under transfer status page but there is no way to manage domains. My site is down now for 12 hours. This is my business website and this hurts my business. @Nick R @Sav.com
It's been almost 24 hours, my site is still down and I can't reach anyone. They don't respond emails, there's no phone or live chat. No way to reach someone. Someone responded my ticket and told me to wait 2 BUSINESS DAYS. No answer, not telling me where my domains is nor what is going on. This is really frustrating. What kind of business practice is this? I am really regret to choose sav.com. @Nick R @Sav.com

Last edited:
•••
Since the start of July I won 13 names in SAVs users auctions, that were registered in another registrar.
9 of them have been canceled, because the seller did not transferred the domain.
4 names received.
So I received 4 domains out of 13.
30% success rate!!
This is a very bad stat...

These are the domains that was never transferred by the seller.

localisable.com
win-betting.com
vww.net
okg.xyz
sisihouse.com
softblends.com
richestnow.com
w3stream.com
aktif.org

@Nick R
Please try to understand that scanning and biding thousands of auctions, requires much valuable time and effort.
Can't you see that this is hurting your job?
Why aren't you even trying to avoid this situation?

You could accept external auctions only by sellers that have completed a transaction in SAV before.
You could create accounts in other registrars and request sellers to push the domains to you as a guaranty.
You could even request money as a guaranty.

If you can not handle this matter, just don't support external auctions, it would be better for all of us...

Last edited:
•••
I don’t know if its allowed on this forum but please stop marketing to me via DM to bring my names over to SAV landers. Thanks.
Yeah, I've checked in this morning and got the below message....

"Hi there! We’ve noticed your recent posts in threads expressing frustration about increased commission where you currently list your domains. Sav only has a 4% commission, which is the lowest among leading marketplaces! To make things easy on you, we’d love to move your portfolio to Sav for you. All you’d need to do is email [email protected] with an export from your current marketplace, and the email address associated with your Sav account."

I posted on Namepros last year I won't be using SAV for any type of business after the ball ache of getting my funds

Lazy marketing and annoying.........I don't like people sending me unsolicited sales/marketing messages on here or anywhere else........

@Nick R tell your team not to do it again please

•••
OK, here's one thing:

I have a bunch of .co domains at SAV, most of them expired, I am not planning to renew them.

Somehow, one of domains has been bought by another domainer, probably an expired auction. SAV sent me an email like:

"We have processed your change of account request. Here are the results:
Successes:
domain_name.co
Errors:
None"

But there's a problem: the domain is still in my account, renewed till 2024. I can get the AUTH code, and probably transfer it out.

In the meantime, the name has been listed at Afternic and DAN by the the new owner. And SAV is sending me 2 emails / day asking me to Accept the pending Afternic FT listing.

So, please be very careful of what kind of names are you keeping at SAV.

•••
... So, after much experimenting, we found that we are able to be most productive on balancing support AND rolling out improvements to Sav if all tickets come in via email and we are able to review them in batches, while allocating the rest of the day to development and building new features. The more time we are able to spend building new features, the faster we are able to roll them out!

That might be a solution that is better for you, but I can assure you that it is not for your customers. I spent 30+ years developing processes for departments within companies to make them more efficient while still providing stellar customer service and your description all but ignores the customer side of the equation.

Without instant options like chat, your customer (me for example) wants to receive a response within a few hours. That will allow me to make adjustments or decisions AND as important, allow me time to follow up with any additional questions I might have and still receive a reply the same day.

This 24 hour turn around is not good. Frankly, it's frustrating as hell to have a support question hanging out for 2 days just because I had additional questions on the same issue.

•••
@Nick R , some needed upgrades to the bulk update of nameservers:

- Add an option for 200 items. The jump from 100 to 500 is too high. I had to update 440 domains and this resulted in 5 different update steps. The option would reduce this in half. Normally this follows a scale of 2:1 or 2.5:1 in such interfaces.

- I don't understand why the nameserver update is set to fail when just a domain already has those nameservers. This is a bad choice.

Often it is very hard to pick exactly those that aren't already set. The update should not fail, but rather email a warning at the end (say 100 domains were in set, 80 updated, 15 already set to the same nameservers, 5 fails) - with a link to view report as to which failed or weren't updated etc.

- The system should email you once a job is finished, not just when it encounters an error.

There is progress indeed but there are still a lot of rough edges that need polish.

Edit: A similar issue is when trying to list on marketplace. I wanted to list 10K+ domains, well, it is impossible. Since each 20 domains or so the system throws an error "X domain is already assigned to someone else" or similar message. So it made my task IMPOSSIBLE and your marketplace losing money. The developers might not see this pain but users do, and hard.

It should instead show a warning with a link to a list of the domains that coudn't be listed for the specified reasons, but list the others. This way you can fix the issues later, I will have to email you that list and ask to remove former owners from the system.

Last edited:
•••
WORST REGISTRAR EVER

ALLERT!!!

•••
Hi, I have an available balance from a sale, and I wish to use it as a credit to purchase/renew my domains instead of cashing it out.

If this feature isn't available at the moment, I'd appreciate it if you considered implementing it in the near future. Thank you!

They claim to do it for about a year.

Their understanding of the near future is probably 10 years or so.

•••
I can't reach anyone. I have transferred my domain to Sav and it’s not showing under my account, all I can see is transfer completed under transfer status page but there is no way to manage domains. My site is down now for 12 hours. This is my business website and this hurts my business. @Nick R @Sav.com

Last edited:
•••
Last 2 days' wrong charges...
Of course also I sent this to SAV support and I will get my money back (I believe), but that's not the point.
This should not be happening at all.

No, it s not my job to double check everything, everyday and spend hours writing tickets.
Who will refund the hours I spend for your incompetence?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    119.1 KB · Views: 63
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back