IT.COM

Sav Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick R

VIP Member
βœ” Sav.com Staff
Impact
Hello NamePros community! We are creating a single thread where we can share announcements in, talk about product updates, people can ask questions and host a great discussion on all things domains!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
When I started on Sav - they didn't support PayPal at all, they added it later...
And their 3rd-party CC processor/gateway rejected my VISA Platinum, so such issues are known from the beginning as well.

•••
Mate, I got it – it’s my fault... Can we please stop now? :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
I can see now, when Archeologist.net is back in auction, that d_p_833ef8 has placed a bid on it. I can recognize this account from miles away as he/she has bought some of my names. Quite weird that his/her account is still allowed to participate in auctions since I know for a fact that he/she chose not to pay a few names that he/she won in auctions recently. A notable example from the last few days is Justice.xyz β€” d_p_833ef8 was bidding against b_c_5385d5 and won the auction at $2,850 as far as I can remember. (I can ask for details, and a link to the original auction, as I know the seller.) *** I have the link and I made screenshots. ***

So @Nick R, how do you explain this? I have quite a big mouth, and I promise I can open it quite wide, and start asking lots of questions...

So please charge my card for $51 USD, and make sure that the name is returned to me shortly, and the restrictions are lifted from my account.

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
I will make sure I submit at least one bad review about Sav weekly from now on. I will keep posting how bad you are on social media and everywhere. Until the end of time. I SWEAR!!!

Bad intent :xf.frown:(n)

Last edited:
•••
Bad intent :xf.frown:(n)

The least I can do, mate... the least I can do. :xf.smile:
I know how to deal with companies that push me to the edge. You can check the trust score of my old mobile operator (Three UK) on TrustPilot a year after I started with them. It’s 1.6 out of 5 - Bad. They thought they could overcharge me. With Sav will be much easier as they’re quite a smaller company. Words are powerful. And I am crazy enough, stubborn and consistent. :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Having day long waits for NS to change lately , anyone else ?

@sav I really don't have that kind of time to wait or remember to change back NS's etc..

•••
Having day long waits for NS to change lately , anyone else ?

@sav I really don't have that kind of time to wait or remember to change back NS's etc..

All the time. It’s usual with Sav. Get used to it. Sometimes name-servers won’t update for days. Other times they will never update, so you will have to keep checking constantly. And it’s not only with the name-servers. It happens also with Auto-renew (enable/disable), lock/unlock, account change, etc.

Last edited:
•••
If you guys havent figured out sav has some real issues, and then continue to use them, seek medical help. Wake up and smell the coffee. Very lucky to have Nick here, not some finger puppet that says email [email protected]ΓΆm
Use this registrar at your own risk, but if you get corn holed dont come here whining like a baby. Be respectful. If i even come back here (np) today i will slap myself in the head so hard every server in north america will be covered in :poop:
I’ll follow the breach updates on twitter.

•••
@MasterOfMyDomains
I indeed feel lucky to have Nick here. Otherwise you can’t reach anybody else in their company. It’s almost like a secret organization in there. In the best case scenario and if you’re lucky enough, Luca will message you back in a few days with one of his incompetent ready-made replies. Enjoy Twitter. Thank God I am away from North America. Don’t want to get covered in poops. :xf.wink:(y)

Last edited:
•••
They can't fix this external issue (even when 100 agents will be hired to support you), they can only change their CC processor to another one like Adyen etc.

Last edited:
•••
They can't fix this external issue (even when 100 agents will be hired to support you), they can only change their CC processor to another one like Adyen etc.

Sav are using Tipalti. They are expensive, slow and unreliable. Sav should know it better than I do. Why do they keep using them then? Sorry, but this is a matter of bad management. And it finally affects their customers. And ofc Sav customers are not going to blame Tipalti for their problems with failed payments, but Sav.

Try to put yourself in my shoes. Now when my account is blocked, and I lost a name I wanted - who should I blame for what happened? Because I tried my best to fix the issue. But I couldn’t. And I feel screwed over, and yes - I feel angry and offended by Sav attitude. I can’t change the fact.

I have been with Sav since the summer of 2020. And their slow customer support has been a problem since the very start. They didn’t do anything, anything at all to improve it. How is this my fault? Or @MasterOfMyDomains is right when he says that I need medical help if I am still a Sav customer after all the problems I had with them? πŸ€”

This is my e-mail to Nick from yesterday:

Hello Nick,

I won the auction for Archeologist.net 3 days ago. You keep failing to charge any payment method I try. In a few hours my account will be restricted from participating in auctions and the name will be auctioned again. Please, please, please - CHARGE THE CARD ON FILE! PLEASE! Or just give me your bank details to send you $51 USD.

SAV made me desperate once more... I am nearly in tears here from feeling helpless to do whatever.

Desperately,
Anton Naydenov

Last edited:
•••
As I know, Tipalti is used only for payouts, like Payoneer.
They don't act as CC processor.

•••
And Tipalti is also used by GoDaddy/Afternic/Uniregistry for payouts...
I never had any card issues with my payments to GD.
So CC processor is absolutely another there, it has nothing to do with Tipalti.

Last edited:
•••
I don’t know what they use to accept payments then. But I received the full collection of automated messages: β€œgateway rejected, β€œprocessor declined”, β€œcannot verify payment method”, β€œpayment method cannot be used twice” and so on. The most weird thing was that I made a purchase with the same card to make sure payment will go through and it did. There was a few hundred bucks in the card, so I thought that I had finally sorted it. Then I received another message in the evening that said that the payment for the .net name didn’t go through. I knew that this was the last attemt (their system tries to charge your payment method on file only once in 24 hours). That’s why I immidiately messaged Nick on here and via mail, and also created a support ticket. I knew the ticket was waste of time, but still I did it. I hoped that Nick could react, but he didn’t either. Nothing else I could do. There is no other way you can pay - if payment doesn’t go through the system makes another attempt in 24 hours. After 3 attemts that’s it - you are fucked.

Last edited:
•••
Very probably, they use some US based processor with AMEX support...
Because AMEX cards are very popular in the USA.

•••
No idea. But because you mentioned PayPal before, and how you never had issues paying via PP. When I think about it now do you know that I actually had problems paying with PayPal on a few occasions before as well. It was always with trying to register .io names. Their support used as an excuse back then problems with the connection to the .io registry. Payments were going through, and then they were being refunded a few minutes later. My PayPal is British (in case that makes any difference). I still keep the emails.

•••
My PayPal is Ukrainian VERIFIED.
Were no issues with Sav.

And overall, for 13+ years I can recall only temporary PayPal problems on Dynadot and InternetBS.
And it was their fault, not on my side.

•••
Never had any issues with any of the other registrars or marketplaces I use. Even with the Bahamas one. It again speaks how Sav is a total exception from the rule. A quite bad exception to me personally.

Last edited:
•••
Were enough reports on NamePros regarding Adyen processor (which is used by DAN)...
Cards/Buyers were denied, and these sellers lost their sales - in brief.

So it happens...
Use Verified PayPal where it is accepted, the only one solution to minimize such issues.

Last edited:
•••
Issue with payment resolved. Sav had to manually delete old cc after attempting to charge multiple times. Thankfully, resolved and received domain!

•••
Issue with payment resolved. Sav had to manually delete old cc after attempting to charge multiple times. Thankfully, resolved and received domain!

Lucky you. Congrats! (y) I am still waiting on a reply from their support. In the meantime I successfully purchased a registry premium domain name for $99.99 - with the exact same card that has been on file since the other day. The exact same card they failed to charge for $51 and blocked my account. Coincidence?! I don’t think so.

P.S. I must be really sick in my head if I keep giving them my money... :banghead:

P.P.S. @Nick R How come I successfully paid for the 3 .xyz names the other day and offices.forsale today, but you couldn’t charge the exact same card with $51 for archeologist.net yesterday, or on the day before? Why did I lose the name, and why is my account restricted?

Last edited:
•••
DM me the ticket number and we can take a look.
I sent an email to support@sav com, and the reply does not reference a ticket number. Not sure how to figure out what to DM you?

•••
Your "Bulk Domain Registration Tool" does not support capital letters.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back