Dynadot

No one here was nice enough to suggest a title change.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

pteracuda

Established Member
Impact
What's up with all the new spam? I've been with namesilo for some time now and all the sudden I'm getting spam phone calls for domain services and also getting emails.

I just purchased a new domain with privacy even and the next day someone was contacting me through the privacy email.... If the domain is privately registered, how are these scammers immediately getting access to my information?

I know the company is making changes but this seems to be in the wrong direction. All the sudden during Christmas 2019 and the beginning of 2020, I've been harassed by emails and phone calls that NEVER happened before.

It seems like Namesilo's protecting whatever person is doing this as I tried to reach out to contact the CEO office and when I asked for information I was ignored and blocked from support, after of course the person kept answering anything but my question.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If the company didn't want me to use negative words they should have not repeatedly ignored my support question then blocked me when asking for further support.

When you ask support question and they ignore your support and you get no help, you might doubt it but yes this does mean that the company Namesilo has very bad support. Good support would be when they answer your questions and help you.

I think that you don't know what I know. You are just making accusations like the others then telling me I'm being negative like I should have been positive about Namesilo treating me badly.

@.X. I understand the whole spam stuff and that its a big circle jerk of responsibility/liability. I'm not getting the answers I want because they are just giving me answers and ignoring the detail to the question I ask.

You think it's uncool for me to make a post about my experience, well I think it's uncool to go to customer support and get customer neglect.

@pteracuda I think voicing your experience is perfectly fine, but the thread was started with , “Has NameSilo been sold to a bunch of scammers” But your are complaining about the “Customer Service” not being attentive to your questions.

but when you say “Scam” , That is attacking the whole business model of @namesilo , that is why I think all this is uncool.

•••
Two things , Google voice for an alternative phone number for your domain names

A dedicated email account for your domain names.

both are free and you will be very happy with the results and your problem will be solved.

•••
@pteracuda I think voicing your experience is perfectly fine, but the thread was started with , “Has NameSilo been sold to a bunch of scammers” But your are complaining about the “Customer Service” not being attentive to your questions.

but when you say “Scam” , That is attacking the whole business model of @namesilo , that is why I think all this is uncool.
Playing with a company's reputation is very uncool. Except for the customer support review, the whole thread is uncool too.

•••
What is the scam/fraud?

Namesilo do not have control of the whois database or control of spammers. Doesn't make them scammers. They offer free whois privacy protection (which means your details are not publicly accessible)

https://www.namesilo.com/Support/WHOIS-Privacy

Extract
"The only change will be for people who access the WHOIS database. Instead of seeing your personal data, all contact information will be replaced with the PrivacyGuardian.org defaults.

By default, all private domains in your account will be given a unique email address @privacyguardian.org. This will be a different email address used for all of the private domains in your account. Any mail sent to that email address will be forwarded to the email address you have listed to receive WHOIS Privacy emails on the account maintenance page in your account."

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/spam-2013-05-03-en

Even ICANN don't deal with spam. However they have some suggestions like
"
You may want to contact the sending domain name's web hosting provider.
You may want to contact the registrar of the sending domain name."

Most of my names are at namesilo, from time to time I get spam emails. I do not blame them for it.

•••
Firstly, thank you kindly to the community for educating this customer. We have also responded to them across countless platforms, chats, emails and threads but they still don't seem to be understanding the problem and just keep on spamming.

To recap, there are several different issues here:
1 - the main problem appears to be that the user hadn't turned on their WHOIS privacy for their registered/transferred domains when they initially registered or transferred them. As such, it is possible that spammers across the web were able to capture their contact info prior to them turning on WHOIS privacy.

Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do about this because as per ICANN requirements, we have to provide registrant information when you register/transfer a domain. If you do not turn on WHOIS privacy, then it is possible for spammers to collect your information.

2 - we obviously do NOT sell customer information to anyone or work with scammers as this user is asserting. Theirs is an isolated issue and only occurring on the domains where they didn't have WHOIS privacy set.

3 - the reason that the user was temporarily blocked is because they were spamming across our support chats, social media pages, NamePros (and numerous other platforms) so our team was forced to take action. Spamming across multiple channels is never conducive to getting any issue resolved and simply creates more difficulties for our team to provide support.

•••
I had done research on him already, I just thought it was pathetic Namesilo refuses to say who their CEO is. I've never heard of a company refuse to promote their CEO as the CEO. I might as well sell Namesilo out my trunk if they are going to abandon their customers like that

Of course they won't tell you. You seem like the type of person who would call his phone in the middle of the night every night with different phones. You are what is called a problem customer. You are even spamming this forum with multiple threads, I can only imagine the horrors that you're doing on namesilo.

•••
Firstly, thank you kindly to the community for educating this customer. We have also responded to them across countless platforms, chats, emails and threads but they still don't seem to be understanding the problem and just keep on spamming.

To recap, there are several different issues here:
1 - the main problem appears to be that the user hadn't turned on their WHOIS privacy for their registered/transferred domains when they initially registered or transferred them. As such, it is possible that spammers across the web were able to capture their contact info prior to them turning on WHOIS privacy.

Unfortunately, there isn't much we can do about this because as per ICANN requirements, we have to provide registrant information when you register/transfer a domain. If you do not turn on WHOIS privacy, then it is possible for spammers to collect your information.

2 - we obviously do NOT sell customer information to anyone or work with scammers as this user is asserting. Theirs is an isolated issue and only occurring on the domains where they didn't have WHOIS privacy set.

3 - the reason that the user was temporarily blocked is because they were spamming across our support chats, social media pages, NamePros (and numerous other platforms) so our team was forced to take action. Spamming across multiple channels is never conducive to getting any issue resolved and simply creates more difficulties for our team to provide support.

So the guy just didn't turn on his domain privacy. And when he gets some spam for Christmas, starts ranting and asking to phone the CEO.
Thanks for letting us know finally what happened with the ranting guy, a dream customer for every company lol

Last edited:
•••
Let me tell you a story... My uncle used to own a Chinese fast food at the mall. One day he told me that he would never tell customers that he was the owner or the manager. Did you know why? He says that when people realize that he was the owner, many wanted something for free. They often started by asking for extra Fortune Cookies, then ask for free extra beef or chicken, eventually ask for beef and broccoli but hold the broccoli. When my uncle tried to charge extra for the extra beef, these people got angry and complained to the mall manager. Nobody dared to ask for free beef patties at McDonalds, but many think it was ok to get free food from local Chinese restaurants.

The moral of the story is that I don't know NameSilo and never used their product or services. But chances are if you are getting spammed, it's probably not their fault and they don't have a spam filter solution.

It's also not likely that they deliberately sell your email to spammers since they could get into a lot of legal troubles. Is it possible that some hacker breached the security or just scrape customer e-mail from whois? Of course that's possible, but it also applies to all registrar, including GoDaddy.

Last edited:
•••
I'm sorry but when a customer reaches out for support and you block their support outlet, then they have to reach out to other outlets looking for support @namesilo. You should not be so negligent in your dealings with customers.

•••
@namesilo forced me to look elsewhere for support by blocking me and ignoring me repeated, yet still comes here blaming me and yet where's my reply to email?

You just sent me an email claiming you weren't trying to blame me and yet here you are again saying it's my fault you ignored me.

Namesilo is fraud to me, they are scammers to me.

If the company doesn't want their image to be portrayed as such, then you should not have conducted yourself as scammers and fraudulently blaming me after you ignored me and refused to answer my actual questions.

All this everyone shared I already know about, the problem is you've ignored me explaining over and over and you don't know what I've even been asking, so I keep getting these lame copy paste replies to "educate" me in something I'm fully aware about.

What I'm not educated on apparently is why it's okay to treat customers badly and be applauded for it.

•••
When you tell someone somethings going on, and they block you and ignore you and refuse to help you after offering help, each and every one of you would think it was very suspicious and a scam but somehow you don't think is funny, how a company refuses to help me, blocks me even, then comes here claiming again it's my fault I "spammed" when they repeatedly ignored the question. I was forced to repeat the question. When you ignore something over and over and give me an answer that doesn't apply to what I just asked, I am of course going to repeat the question. Apparently Namesilo runs and hides from anything that requires thinking though

•••
Namesilo even backs the bullies here calling it education..... @namesilo you are pathetic

•••
@namesilo you are a scam and a fraud. You told me you were not blaming me then you come here blaming me after all this could have been avoided if you just gave me support like you offer.

Let me say it again, all of this could have been avoided if your people would have did their jobs and answered questions instead of just throwing answers that did not answer anything.

All you did was scam all these people by coming here lying when in my email it says you aren't blaming me, well you sure come here and showed your true nazi colors

wholly shit, that is some serious shit you wrote there.

NameSilo didn’t blame you for anything, from the way I read their response, they cut
communications with you “Temporarily” because you were using multiple online sources and repeatedly contacting them regarding the same subject that they had already addressed , but not to your satisfaction.

they didn’t accuse you, incinerate or anything that you were to blame for anything.

Why the Nazi fucking shit though? That is going extreme

•••
my first time using ignore to username on NP. I love drama, but this man is just stupid beyond reason

•••
I went to support with a legitimate concern and they ignored me repeatedly asking them a simple question, then they blocked me after forcing me to repeat myself.

You tell me how extreme it is :P

•••
See what I mean, this community supports bullying and shit, yet when I strike back yall start crying like babies.

•••
I went to support with a legitimate concern and they ignored me repeatedly asking them a simple question, then they blocked me after forcing me to repeat myself.

You tell me how extreme it is :P

they said they blocked you “Temporarily” cooler heads always prevail. Once you had cooled down a bit, I am sure you could have talked this out with them.

•••
I tried and they still ignored me

•••
I literally went to support asking a simple question and was ignored after that.... they would not tell me if they had a CEO or not. Would not answer anything, just told me the CEO wrote me in email and I should reply there, but I never got an email from the CEO so they were just lying again

•••
•••
@namesilo is a fraud, they just support the bullies who back them I guess for nonsense like this when they are wrong.

They wrote me telling me they weren't blaming me then come posting here that I was spamming. So what about all the ignored questions before I had to repeat the question....

They refused to answer me to begin with and just gave me copy paste answers that didn't answer my questions exactly. Then blocked me when I asked for the CEO info. Of course I repeated questions, they ignored me every time I asked. That again is not customer support it's customer neglect and that's why they are a fraud and a scam. If they would have just given support and not neglected me as a customer with a concern, I probably wouldn't even care I got more spam calls today.

•••
No it's not too soon you're just making up excuses man. A temporary block is a temporary block

If I can't talk to them once the ban is up that means they need to cool down and stop neglecting to answer simple questions

•••
Not once did they say I needed to take more time, they in fact lied and told me the CEO wrote me and no, no he did not, so they lied and you're just making up excuses for their lie bro

•••
If they were simply trying to say something then they could have simply said it. They didn't and that's the whole problem.

Instead what they said was "reply by email" which in no way shape or form simplifies into "calm down, come back and we can talk." Instead it's again direct refusal to give me support as I wasn't even asking questions they claimed to already have answered.

I was in fact asking a new support question, very simple question, and was very rudely being neglected and ignored, only being told "reply by email".

•••
The problem is, you are going at this entirely the wrong way, “Fraud” “Scammers” none of that is founded. You are pissed off, ok, I get it man, but those words only escalate the situation, they have to use retention with you when you attack their business with those accusations, they have no choice

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back