Dynadot

Moniker lost my domain then charged a recovery fee

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

mr-x

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I transferred a domain to moniker in July of 2007. The domain was "lost" and my contact information was replace with Moniker / Oversee account information.

After two years, numerous support tickets and phone calls Moniker managed to find my domain and billed me a "recovery fee" equal to seven years registration.

Moniker has the worst customer support since Registerfly.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I transferred a domain to moniker in July of 2007. The domain was "lost" and my contact information was replace with Moniker / Oversee account information.

After two years, numerous support tickets and phone calls Moniker managed to find my domain and billed me a "recovery fee" equal to seven years registration.

Moniker has the worst customer support since Registerfly.

Tres - please send me an email to [email protected] with this information and I'll have it looked into ASAP. Moniker has NEVER lost a domain name.

•••
Monte and Bari worked throught the documents and issued a refund for the overcharges associated with the moving the domain back into my account. It was an unfortunate situation but has now been resolved and I'd like to thank Monte and Bari.

•••
Monte and Bari worked throught the documents and issued a refund for the overcharges associated with the moving the domain back into my account. It was an unfortunate situation but has now been resolved and I'd like to thank Monte and Bari.

THANKS John! Glad it all worked out!

•••
Good thing this issue was resolved immediately.
Sometimes, I also had misunderstanding with live chat/tech support with my webhost/domain registrar.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back