Dynadot

No one here was nice enough to suggest a title change.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

pteracuda

Established Member
Impact
What's up with all the new spam? I've been with namesilo for some time now and all the sudden I'm getting spam phone calls for domain services and also getting emails.

I just purchased a new domain with privacy even and the next day someone was contacting me through the privacy email.... If the domain is privately registered, how are these scammers immediately getting access to my information?

I know the company is making changes but this seems to be in the wrong direction. All the sudden during Christmas 2019 and the beginning of 2020, I've been harassed by emails and phone calls that NEVER happened before.

It seems like Namesilo's protecting whatever person is doing this as I tried to reach out to contact the CEO office and when I asked for information I was ignored and blocked from support, after of course the person kept answering anything but my question.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I asked to speak to supervisor, and am told again, to check my email.... that's not even a valid response. This company keep sucking harder and harder.

•••
SOOOOOOOO I'm in chat support again, and literally am asking for help and they are denying me 100% telling me again they have already answered me through email and telling me to keep checking my email. I'm asking something you did not answer and that is a new question.....

Namesilo is just literally refusing now to give me any proper support telling me they already answered my question when obviously they haven't.

Lol. They can be like that sometimes. Experienced it already. Good luck friend .

•••
If you notice whoa domains the post is in the form of a question and not an accusation.

•••
If you notice whoa domains the post is in the form of a question and not an accusation.

Alright well. These days. You gotta watch your back. Companies these days can create any excuse to send a lawyer over.

Everything is innocent and "justified" till lawyers get involved.

Say anything "sideways" about "anyone" these days and that's a "case".

My two cents sorry.

Also I am guilty of this too.

•••
That's why it's posed as a question and says "seem".....

As for them I'm literally just asking the name of the CEO and they are just not even responding anymore after ignoring the question over and over by telling me it was answered by email.

I do seriously think though because of the way things are going, that the company has been sold and whoever the new people running it are do not have customers interests in mind. Just my two cents.

When a company can't even tell you who their CEO is that is pretty crappy.

•••
What's up with all the new spam? I've been with namesilo for some time now and all the sudden I'm getting spam phone calls for domain services and also getting emails.

I just purchased a new domain with privacy even and the next day someone was contacting me through the privacy email.... If the domain is privately registered, how are these scammers immediately getting access to my information?

I know the company is making changes but this seems to be in the wrong direction. All the sudden during Christmas 2019 and the beginning of 2020, I've been harassed by emails and phone calls that NEVER happened before.

It seems like Namesilo's protecting whatever person is doing this as I tried to reach out to contact the CEO office and when I asked for information I was ignored and blocked from support, after of course the person kept answering anything but my question.
I think the same issue is with every registrar, best way is to enable privacy protection the moment you register a domain name.

•••
privacy is enabled but apparently does no good with namesilo

•••
Many of your names are .ca, however, so for those there may well be less of this happening anyway, I would think.

Spam went down on the .com's, they were always the worst, everyone from India was trying to sell me something. When I moved them to godaddy it stopped and I rarely ever get one.

•••
I complained for years to Godaddy.... Glad to see they fixed things, too bad @namesilo doesn't seem to care to try.

•••
This company keep sucking harder and harder.

HeHe..... you made my coffee come up through my nose... seriously I'm not kidding, it made me laugh.

•••
I mean namesilo is literally blaming me, then coming back asking what I'm accusing and blaming them for....

I needed support, I got ignored, I asked the question again, got ignored, asked again, was blocked and blamed as if I was spamming when in actuality I was being neglected as a customer.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I had done research on him already, I just thought it was pathetic Namesilo refuses to say who their CEO is. I've never heard of a company refuse to promote their CEO as the CEO. I might as well sell Namesilo out my trunk if they are going to abandon their customers like that

•••
I don't know if i am losing something here, but CEO's are not for supporting purposes. If you suffer by spam, just unsubscribe from their promo messages. And this applies for all the companies. I never have such issues with Namesilo though. Title needs edit i think, Namesilo is good company, one of the best registrars i think. And i think that this thread needs to be closed too.

•••
This is not to do with promo messages, it has to do with me bringing a new issue to their attention and it was ignored completely along with all of my questions. I got no answers that helped in no way, all I got was loopholes and excuses how it was possible, which I already know.

•••
If namesilo was a good company, they would have not blocked me when I told them they were ignoring my actual questions.

•••
What is your problem? Their spam or what? And why ask from them a solution which you can solve alone?

•••
My problem is the mistreatment I experienced while trying to get support. It's not even their spam, its just the point it is something brand new happening that is only with my namesilo domains and they are showing how much they don't care to even listen to the questions enough to give an answer to the actual question asked..... When I tried to get support on the issue initially, I was ignored over and over again for a simple question, then blocked from support. It's not about a simple solution, it's about why am I being mistreated and ignored when reaching out with a valid concern.

•••
Any other company would forward the concern to another team and at the very least, would be looked into. Namesilo just refuses to do anything about it like they made the mistake themselves on purpose.

•••
Now they are telling me my domains were not even private until just before 2020.... Namesilo is just fraud at this point, like yes I changed some settings that date, but to say "we can see that you did NOT have whois privacy set on" is just an outright lie as I had privacy on nearly all my domains before this date they are claiming....
@namesilo is literally just making up stuff at this point and still, copying and pasting in responses that do not directly pertain to what I am telling them.

•••
I think that you don't know what scammer and fraud is. Having a company bad support (I doubt for this company) doesn't necessarily means that they are scammers. Come on, you left your review. Ok. But I suggest you to be more careful when using so negative words.

•••
SOOOOOOOO I'm in chat support again, and literally am asking for help and they are denying me 100% telling me again they have already answered me through email and telling me to keep checking my email. I'm asking something you did not answer and that is a new question.....

Namesilo is just literally refusing now to give me any proper support telling me they already answered my question when obviously they haven't.

it sounds like they have responded to your complaint several times?? You may not be getting the answers you want to hear or something.

but look, this spam, telephone calls and solicitation crap is most definitely nothing new, you do business online with other retailers and ect besides NameSilo right??

I truly do not think @namesilo is not what is causing you to receive these solicitations.

I have been getting the same things as you for the last 16 years, none of this is anything even fairly new.

I think it is a bit uncool to target and start a thread pinpointing @namesilo

•••
If the company didn't want me to use negative words they should have not repeatedly ignored my support question then blocked me when asking for further support.

When you ask support question and they ignore your support and you get no help, you might doubt it but yes this does mean that the company Namesilo has very bad support. Good support would be when they answer your questions and help you.

I think that you don't know what I know. You are just making accusations like the others then telling me I'm being negative like I should have been positive about Namesilo treating me badly.

@.X. I understand the whole spam stuff and that its a big circle jerk of responsibility/liability. I'm not getting the answers I want because they are just giving me answers and ignoring the detail to the question I ask.

You think it's uncool for me to make a post about my experience, well I think it's uncool to go to customer support and get customer neglect.

•••
......they allowed all my .US domains to have privacy, changing all the sudden with no permission or no notice.

I seriously doubt they are selling your email address to anyone. Emaii addresses are very cheap for spammers to purchase so why risk a scandal to make a very small profit selling them to a spammer for peanuts?

It is possible there was a glitch where your .us names had privacy enabled (not allowed on ,us) as you said above and about the same time you started to get spam they just finished fixing the glitch and removed .us privacy opening them to the spammers for the first time.

A reason I know that can happen is a few years ago another registrar made that same error and after a while fixed it by removing privacy (without notification) on my ,us names.

Last edited:
•••
give me a normal answer as to why in 7 years none of this happened until the last 2 months.

It is called "Attack Footprint". The longer you use the Internet, the more things you buy, the more accounts you use with the same email address, your "footprint" increases and the more likely you become the target for some automated bots.

I've had an email address that I used since the early 90's and it had so much spam and I'd say 99.9% spam, scam, and malwares.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back