Dynadot

No one here was nice enough to suggest a title change.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

pteracuda

Established Member
Impact
What's up with all the new spam? I've been with namesilo for some time now and all the sudden I'm getting spam phone calls for domain services and also getting emails.

I just purchased a new domain with privacy even and the next day someone was contacting me through the privacy email.... If the domain is privately registered, how are these scammers immediately getting access to my information?

I know the company is making changes but this seems to be in the wrong direction. All the sudden during Christmas 2019 and the beginning of 2020, I've been harassed by emails and phone calls that NEVER happened before.

It seems like Namesilo's protecting whatever person is doing this as I tried to reach out to contact the CEO office and when I asked for information I was ignored and blocked from support, after of course the person kept answering anything but my question.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you get spammed, you need a better spam filter. You can either buy GSuite, or get a filter from somewhere else.

•••
Another fraudulent lie from Namesilo from their site:

Phone Support We can be reached during normal business hours (Mon-Fri 9:30am-4:00pm Arizona time) at 602-492-8198.

complete lie... also they offer chat support which is fraud too, because apparently if it requires thinking, you'll be ignored repeatedly and will be given answers that do not answer what you just asked.

•••
There's outright fraud there... you were saying?

•••
I'm not even upset, everyone here thinks I'm upset because I'm getting spammed and Namesilo won't do anything about it. I know they can't do anything about it. My problem is they ignored me, blocked me, forced me to look for support elsewhere, then got butthurt that I went on the web looking for answers

•••
When you ignore me and block me then get butthurt I went outside the normal support channel, sorry but you're a moron

•••
I'm not even upset, everyone here thinks I'm upset because I'm getting spammed and Namesilo won't do anything about it. I know they can't do anything about it. My problem is they ignored me, blocked me, forced me to look for support elsewhere, then got butthurt that I went on the web looking for answers

they had no choice but to use retention with you, call your cable provider or cell phone provider and start demanding shit and going off on them and you will get the same response.

you could have started a thread to see if other people get spammed and receive these types of solicitations that you are getting to get a more accurate approach to resolve the spam problem.

•••
So just going to namesilo support and asking support questions is not a viable choice????

Tell me again how this isn't extreme for support to not offer support?

•••
Let me again repeat myself... They ignored the question I was asking, over and over, and gave me answers that had nothing to do with the direct question I was asking.

I went to support, to give them a chance, and then they blocked me. Not once did I demand anything or go off on anyone.

What I did was copy and paste the question they ignored, and they blocked me, refusing support to me, then got butthurt that I looked for support elsewhere.....

I copied and pasted a question because they ignored the question and answered something else. Good god man you're right, I'm lucky I didn't get shot, what was I thinking copying and pasting a question.

•••
Let that be a warning to everyone who has copied and pasted here today, you guys are out of control and didn't even know it :xf.eek:

•••
Why even bother anymore if they are “scammers” and “morons” and do “outright fraud”? What registrar are you moving all your domains to? Someone would have to be crazy to keep their domains with “scammers” and “morons” and do “outright fraud” right?

•••
Godaddy shockingly looks like a better choice now which is odd, I moved from Godaddy to Namesilo to avoid what I'm going through now with Namesilo.

•••
I'm amazed that, not only have they improved and surpassed Namesilo, but people are actually recommended Godaddy again. I haven't had anyone recommend Godaddy to me in about 5 years

•••
So just going to namesilo support and asking support questions is not a viable choice????

Tell me again how this isn't extreme for support to not offer support?

apparently they did offer support , you did speak with them , Correct???

It appears as if the conversation escalated to a proportion that a “Temporary” ban was necessary to actually try and deescalate the correspondence that was taking place.

which was a temporary ban, but now with “Fraud” and “Scammers” being used against their business model, do you feel they should talk to you at all at this point???

I think not

•••
Well I wish you the best of luck with Godaddy, I’m sure you will be very satisfied there.

•••
X they didn't offer support though... Say I offer you support, you ask me what 2+2 is and I argue with you that in order for you to be able to fly a plane you need to follow the rules at the link I provide you.

Did you get support from my support offer?

•••
X they didn't offer support though... Say I offer you support, you ask me what 2+2 is and I argue with you that in order for you to be able to fly a plane you need to follow the rules at the link I provide you.

Did you get support from my support offer?

so they spoke to you , and asked you to report your complaint through a link ???

•••
you and others still think i'm upset over spam, like I wouldn't care if I got support where support was offered.... maybe that's too technical of an explanation though, you may want to rest now

•••
Ok, so you are not mad, but you are posting reckless and unhinged at times and that makes it hard to understand the full picture of the situation.

•••
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customer_support
For those of you who think neglecting your customers is common practice, here is some information that explains what customer support is and gives a few different types of the different support methods that can be offers.

Not once does it say anything about companies operating by lying about stuff, ignoring customers, refusing to answer questions, or giving answers to questions not asked, so obviously these practices Namesilo deploys are not commonly practiced in customer service, so that's why I term this customer neglect.

•••
well when I have had to repeat myself all day just to get the point across that it's not about the spam... then you guys should actually read instead of just blotting off answers like Namesilo did earlier.

Why would I say I'm upset a company is ignoring me and wont give me support, then people reply here without even reading what's said it seems

•••
Some people have been helpful here and again thanks to those people, but some are obviously just here to try to show off that they know something and on top of that, their rude as well. I thought Namepros was a decent community but that seems to be contested by the very people they let in

•••
When I go to customer service, and can't even get a real acknowledgement that my question was properly read, I'm sorry but tell me again how it's my fault they offered horrible service today, blocked me, then got upset I looked for answers outside of their platform.

If they do not want to be seen as scammers and frauds then they should have never had operated as scammers and frauds to a long-time customer with support questions and concerns. Again I know they can't do much, if anything, about spam, but to have the company completely ignore me and not even give me any answers I was asking when I asked, Namesilo could have done a lot better today.

Yes my attack as you guys call it could have come better too, but sorry when I legitimately come to your support team with support concerns and your support team treats me that bad and doesn't answer anything I've asked but answers around the question instead, then blocks and forces me to look for outside support.... you're lucky I didn't call them other things.

If they don't want to be called those things they should have never conducted themselves as those types of people.

•••
A scam is
a dishonest scheme; a fraud.

A fraud is
wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.

Both of these definitions fit the conduct and actions by Namesilo's team today.

•••
telling me that chat support offers support when they obviously avoid it, phone number on site says they can be reached by phone and they can't, I was told the CEO wrote me yet they refused to say who their CEO was or if they even have a CEO, and when I asked which email was sent to me from the CEO, they couldn't tell me which email because they were the ones who sent multiple channeled messages to me, before I even so much as wrote 1 email in.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back