IT.COM

Namerific Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

The Domain Wizard

TheDomainWizard.comEstablished Member
Impact
I have listed my first 2 domain with Namerific and it would be great to share your experience with Namerific.

My experience so far is good. I submitted 4 names and 2 accepted within 48 hours. Logo design was done with 24 hours after verification of the domain names.

Now I need to wait and see if the domain get sold.

Just share your experience with Namerific..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Had my first low x.xxx sale at Namerific yesterday.
Name sold 2 days after listing at Namerific.
Already transfered to buyer (whole transfer process from my account to Namerific and then to buyer took few hours only)
Now just waiting for payment.
Will update soon.
Amazing job from Zane till now.

Update: payment received after 2 days.
Perfect deal.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah sure, Lincko.com for 1199 dollars and few days ago Snoopler.com for 1499 dollars.

•••
Just had a small sale with NR after a week long negotiations.

•••
I sold CloudCrafter.com for $500 at namerific.com and got it from a free brandable list on here...

•••
Hello Everyone!

We are pleased to announce we will be offering free domain listing (free logo design and descriptions) on all the domains that are approved for listing on Namerific.

At this moment, the free domain listing feature can be availed by sending your list of domains for us to review and approve to our mail:

[email protected]

Terms and condition:

1. The domains listed for free are to be listed exclusively for sale in Namerific and cannot be sold on other marketplaces or forums.

2. The domains have to be forwarded to namerific

3.The domains can only be sold to others members, in such a case that they have account with Namerific and they list the domain or sale on Namerific as well.

•••
Discobull i know their procedure.. I have 19 names accepted at namerific and 7 at brandbucket... Thats not what i meant with the message above..

Interested on the price the domains SOLD for not the accepted listing price.

Sorry, I misunderstood.

I sold one on brandbucket last month for $8220. That's my only sale on either site so that is also my average selling price. :)

•••
The edit function does not work for me. And the red block cannot be very inviting to prospective customers.
Hey guys,

Yes, we are in the process of rolling out new branding to the site. The current layout will not remain; we have more work to do to optimize the page so that it is easy on the eyes of viewers. We attended NamesCon and Affiliate Summit in Las Vegas the past 2 weeks and have not fully rolled out the design template/elements, however we wanted to push the new branding at these conferences and therefore decided to implement the new logo on all printed materials, booth signs, and the site itself.

There are also some backend/admin functions that we are working on fixing since the move to the new dedicated server. Sorry for any issues you guys are seeing in your seller logins but rest assured we are going to have all of the bugs fixed soon.

I just returned to SF from Affiliate Summit and we are very excited about new traffic partnerships we have set up. Higher volumes of traffic can be expected to the site in the short term, which will be resulting in more sales for everyone :)

•••
Just took a look at your site. Pretty nice! Here's some feedback.
  • The current design is nice. It's bold, which I like. Definitely more modern than the old design.
  • The big red stripe looks fine to me. It's not what I would call "error red"; it's a bit darker and more friendly-looking.
  • At first I thought the filters were broken because featured domains aren't subject to filtering. If I were a new user, that would discourage me from using the site. Also, I would be unlikely to express any interest in a featured domain that didn't match my filters.
  • Only BBB-accredited business can use the BBB trademark, and even then, only after being granted explicit permission to do so. It is illegal to do otherwise--even without claiming accreditation--and BBB states that it will sue violators. (If you've received permission, you can obviously disregard this.)
  • Your privacy policy is excellent. It's concise, explicit, thorough, and I would feel comfortable giving you my information.
More technical stuff (sorry, the programmer in my can't resist :)):
  • Your site claims implementation of SSL/TLS, but my connection as of writing is insecure. There is no point to securing only part of a site; partial security is quite easy for an attacker to circumvent. Even Internet Explorer has supported secure web connections since version 2, so compatibility is not an issue.
  • TLS replaced SSL a long time ago, but SSL has been broken and is no longer secure. Internet Explorer has supported TLS since version 7, but your site is incompatible with IE7 and earlier anyway. The last version of SSL was only very recently broken. The mere existence of SSL support renders TLS insecure, so for security to actually be secure, SSL has to be disabled. (Your connection to NamePros currently uses TLS; we do not support SSL. Note that it looks just like SSL to the end user. You can even still call it SSL if you want.) Double-check that your site has SSL disabled.
  • Your search box doesn't escape SQL wildcards ("_" and "%"). While this isn't a significant security issue on its own, it's a sign that other parts of your site may be vulnerable to SQL injection attacks. Such attacks can be used to alter or obtain the contents of your database. You should have an experienced security professional thoroughly review the code for your website. For an example of how this works, search for sites that start with "seo%scape". The % will match any number of characters. (I have tested the search box, and it does not appear to be vulnerable to any serious attacks; if it were, I would have contacted you privately.) As an added security measure, ensure that passwords are salted and hashed before being stored in your database--keyword being salted, not just hashed.
Note that these security issues are very common and shouldn't be of concern to the typical user, who is already entering their information on a hundred or so other sites with comparable security. For example, Sedo's SSL/TLS implementation is pretty insecure--they might as well lack SSL/TLS altogether--and Escrow.com isn't doing much better, which is a scary thought. (Contrast with PayPal, GoDaddy, NamePros, Google, Facebook, all of which either disable SSLv3 or use a special technique to mitigate all reasonable vulnerabilities.)

•••
What's the average sale through rate for NR, interested to give a go in the near future.

I too am interested in their average sale through rate. I reached out to Namerific to see if they were interested in sharing their sales with DNBolt.com. They seemed interested in being more transparent. We discussed the need for verifying the sales to prevent marketplaces from shill marketing to hype sales.

I started a Namerific push January 30th, 2016 when I returned from NamesCon. They were the only brandable marketplace there with a booth. Mike, their founder, was happy to tell me about their search campaigns and soon to come improvements. The main thing I took away from meeting them was that Namerific is nonexclusive. Meaning you can list your domains on AfterNic, Sedo, GoDaddy etc. Why? It's because I believe they are here to help the seller and not monopolize them into paying listing fee's and taking advantage of type in traffic from low quality brandables. They have a lean marketplace that has grown at a healthy rate. They offer free listings for premium domains as it should be!

pbox.PNG

I just sold my first domain with Namerific. I added it September 7th, but I didn't pay the listing fee until January 30th. I was caught up in the BB hype and didn't want to pay a listing fee since there wasn't a reseller market. I started to publish in bulk when I found out they were willing to do $5 listing fee's to their bulk sellers for the domains that don't make the premium tier of free listing fees. I now have 130 published domains with Namerific and I am about to close a second sale pending the buyer provides payment for an agreed upon discounted price.

rej.PNG

As you can see, this sale is also a BB reject. I had a terrible acceptance rate to keyword domains with BB. I got tired of buying them only to have BB deny them while MK monopolizes the keyword domains at BB.

As some may already know, I made the decision to leave BrandBucket last month. I've since been on the search for a fair marketplace who's main concern is helping their sellers. I don't know if I'll be able to find a more fare marketplace than Namerific. Free listing fee's for premium domains, and they're nonexclusive!

I can't stress to you guys how important this nonexclusive clause is. Rather than piggy backing off your type in traffic and listing fee's, they're piggy backing the marketing of major registrars. Of course they're taking the chance of losing a sale to GoDaddy or other marketplace but they're also piggy backing behind the marketing of major marketplaces. A professional logo and description is the packaging of a domain. The seller can either buy the domain through their trusted register, or if they go to the URL directly, they can buy the domain with a logo included. It's Grilliant!

[PS] They're coming out with a bunch of new features. A bulk upload feature has already been added, and soon they'll be launching customer Namerific profiles to highlight all of your domains via link.

•••
Building out your own site is probably the best option, which many seem to be doing now. It's not for everybody and you need to have the skill set to do it, but keeping that traffic in house and building equity in your own brand should pay dividends down the road.

Services like Efty.com are another middle of the road option. They use direct sales landing pages like BB but you would have to provide the logos if you're after that brandable domain boutique experience. You'll also have to handle the transaction through Escrow.com or another payment provider. The nice perk is no commission is paid. You do pay a low monthly fee though.

Last edited:
•••
I just sold a six-letter (com) at Namerific for mid-xxx.
I received the text message with the offer yesterday morning, and the funds were in my account this afternoon.
I don't know the buyer, so I'm keeping the name private for now.
Thanks Zane - your service is recommended!

•••
I am pleased to say i had my first Namerific domain sale this week. Received an email from Zane on Tuesday informing me of the sale, a quick transfer and then funds in the account.
I do not know who bought the domain so i wont list it here just in case :)

I only had 5 domains listed at Namerific (none featured) and this one sold for $999

Must admit teh transfer process was quick and ran smoothly, thanks Namerific!

•••
I had 1 accepted and 67 declined. There were a lot of good domains in there but I think I may have bombarded them with too many...
AFAIK, these marketplaces were started for the purpose of moving the owners' names.
Theoretically, they might reject a very good name, if it eclipses one of their own they are selling.

•••
interesting to read through this thread and not see anyone reporting sales...

I had 3 sales in the last 2-3 weeks. Smooth transactions, received payments after a few days.

Last edited:
•••
Any recent sales via their platform?

One small sale about a week ago, and a couple more lowball offers on others. I've suggested to Michael that he move away from that "Make Offer" feature as it seems to elicit pretty useless offers.

For a free, non-exclusive platform you cant really fault Namerific IMO. Even 1 or 2 sales make it well worth listing inventory there that may not be accepted on the exclusive sites.

•••
Please publish here how many names Namerific has sold for listers over the past year not just for the owners of Namerific-thank you.
We are planning on releasing our sales stats soon. Thanks!

•••
I recently have sold 2 domains via Namerific and have to say they are often very quick with a response when sending in names.
They just started, but I think they try really hard to optimize their website and also involving the domain sellers in that process. When you have questions or an issue the are always willing to help out and are quick in their communication. Nothing bad to say...

•••
If you guys can just throw some light into how you choose/create your names? Is thier any yardstick or somethin?

for me that's coffee and wisky is what works best.. but i suspect that should not be recommended universally

i got 8 listed (with bin prices from $1,500 to $25,000) and 3 pending logo design.. and a bunch of rejected too. no complaints, accepted/turned down ratio looks reasonable and is ok with me..

had 3K+ offer last week for the name listed at 15K+. good job, Namerific.
yet, 1 offer is not something to be talking much around.

for now they seem to be a venue concentrating their effort heavily on inventory quality (whatever it means to them, your undestanding may differ).
to me being listed with them is at least one more free yet quality option to attract eyeballs, never hurts..

imho

•••
I didn't realize you could receive offers, i got one yesterday and counter offered which was accepted so a handy sale heading onto xmas time i guess

•••
Logo design queue (how it works)

The way logo design works at Namerific now is that designers can choose the domains they would like to design logo's for. So it won't matter if your name was approved yesterday, last week or last month. The number of pending designs tells you how many domains haven't been claimed yet by a designer to design a logo for.

Designers will most likely claim domains that have a higher logo fee (if the domain sells) or if you add a "designer bonus" of $25 (see images). This bonus will be paid by you, no matter if the domain sells or not.

Domains will only go into the design queue after 1.) they have been approved and 2.) after a description has been added. Once this is done a designer can claim the domain and you can also choose to add a designer bonus to increase chances of the domain being claimed faster by a designer.

Hope this helps.

Attachments

• NM.png
    NM.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:
•••
I posted this on the other Namerific thread but I think it should be here too.

This is such bullshit! If I submitted every great name I found I'd have a thousand names on that site. It's simple math increased volume equals increased acceptance rate and you don't have to spend any money to do it. Such Bullshit!! Those that come on here bragging about getting names accepted on these sites by submitting names that aren't registered better have hundreds of names listed there and if not you are clueless at this business because if you can't get names accepted when you don't even spend any money means you totally suck at brandables. Let me say it one more time, It means you totally suck at brandables. Those of us that actually spend are money on the names we submit are the only ones that will get any respect around here.
I am blown away that Brandroot would come on here saying that he did this. I remember when he said he was one of the people with the most names listed at Brand Bucket and now we know why.

•••
I have 10 pending logos and 3 are still waiting from 15th October, where I paid the bonus, that was right around the time the format changed. All the rest are from December and I didn't pay the $25 bonus.

Good news is I had a $2000 sale there last week. ;)

•••
Have any of you guys submitted your own logos instead of paying out commission to a designer? Better yet, are any of you guys a logo designer for the site?

I'm interested in applying, but I've got to get my portfolio put together. I can knock out logos as good as or better than the ones live on the site in no time, so I figured it's worth a shot.

Here are a few I just made for sites that I submitted to namerific. Do you think I would qualify to be a designer?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• botivity.png
    botivity.png
    6.1 KB · Views: 205
  • botbe.png
    botbe.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 207
•••
not so fast....

Pending Logo Design - October 20, 2013

•••
Had a Namerific sale 2 weeks ago. High $XXX offer on a domain listed for 11 months. Smooth transaction. Paid out after 5 days.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back