IT.COM

Namerific Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

The Domain Wizard

TheDomainWizard.comEstablished Member
Impact
I have listed my first 2 domain with Namerific and it would be great to share your experience with Namerific.

My experience so far is good. I submitted 4 names and 2 accepted within 48 hours. Logo design was done with 24 hours after verification of the domain names.

Now I need to wait and see if the domain get sold.

Just share your experience with Namerific..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
...but lately I think there's some modifications coming up... it's taking longer for emails to be answered,
the funds for one of the names hasn't been sent to me yet even though it was confirmed that the funds were received.. it's been a week and half now...
That's a little scary, as I have been waiting for funds from them for a few days. No response to my email sent yesterday either. Hopefully, we'll get paid soon.

•••
That's a little scary, as I have been waiting for funds from them for a few days. No response to my email sent yesterday either. Hopefully, we'll get paid soon.

according to Zane's email reply i got a couple of days back they had been experiencing problems with outgoing Paypal payments because of a chargback a buyer made.
got my Paypal paymnt (echeck) tday after 2 weeks since i pushed the name to Namerific GD acc upon receiving email saying funds were in escrow... probably they don't use any escrow thou
hope you'll get paid soon too if not already..

Zane is cool and all, however i have cancelled all my approved/published listings until unknown future time for now... 30% fees should have completely covered chargebacks and similar issues to insure smooth ant timely sellers' payouts whatever it takes including reserve Paypal accounts, third-party escrow service etc ..in my view

•••
according to Zane's email reply i got a couple of days back they had been experiencing problems with outgoing Paypal payments because of a chargback a buyer made.
got my Paypal paymnt (echeck) tday after 2 weeks since i pushed the name to Namerific GD acc upon receiving email saying funds were in escrow... probably they don't use any escrow thou
hope you'll get paid soon too if not already..

Zane is cool and all, however i have cancelled all my approved/published listings until unknown future time for now... 30% fees should have completely covered chargebacks and similar issues to insure smooth ant timely sellers' payouts whatever it takes including reserve Paypal accounts, third-party escrow service etc ..in my view

Yeah Zane handles everything himself and does not use escrow.

@Sperry8 The $25 is an expedition fee, I have spoken about this so many times its not funny, but it is the one glitch in the model. That logos can hold the business up, I mentioned about people uploading their own logos but Zane mentioned to me there is no protection from infringement. What if someone takes a logo from somewhere and uploads as their own, the name gets sold and the buyer has a problem with the logo infringing someone else.

•••
Got my email from paypal for the coming echeck payment today, so all seems well.

•••
The $25 is an expedition fee, I have spoken about this so many times its not funny, but it is the one glitch in the model. That logos can hold the business up, I mentioned about people uploading their own logos but Zane mentioned to me there is no protection from infringement. What if someone takes a logo from somewhere and uploads as their own, the name gets sold and the buyer has a problem with the logo infringing someone else.

I understand they describe it as an way to expedite, but to me it is very misleading. It seems required and not optional. Assuming the number next to my dot com is a counter, I went from the low 200's to the low 300's over the 4 months. Which means I'm moving backwards in line. Therefore all the people who pay the expedited fee jump over me (which I'd expect). However, as such, I'll never get to the front of the line without paying. Therefore this fee isn't optional... but required if I ever want my name to go live. To me that is unacceptable.

As for protection, that covers why they won't allow direct uploads. But it still doesn't explain why they charge 5x the amount than other competing services offer (such as fiverr.com).

•••
I'm a little unhappy with the quality of the logo on my 2 domains, yes I picked 100 payout (because they're only high $xxx domains), but still I think I could've made a better logo using cooltext and microsoft paint, seriously. If the domain sells it won't be for the quality of the logo on there so that would be an extra $100 out of the pocket basically for nothing. JMHO

Last edited:
•••
as a follow up, i got my funds today..
besides that the logo situation is getting pretty annoying to be honest, I have names valued at 7000$ and chose at least 200$ for the logo designer.. it's sitting there waiting to be picked up by a designer.. meanwhile brandbucket is offering to list it for around 2500$.. I'm thinking of cancelling NR and paying 10$ for brandbucket.. if anything Namerific should charge 10$ flat fee like brandbucket and enough with these insane delays.. or some names never being picked up by a designer.. pretty frustrating.. not going to pay 25$ per name just to list it...

•••
I've paid $25 for "Instant Designer Bonus Payout for Logo Design" but still in Pending Logo Design for more than 96 hours !!!

:(

•••
Not Zane's fault but i accepted an offer and the bum didn't pay up ….annoying

•••
whether NR or Brandbucket, there seriously needs to be some new hirings!! Patience level required is rising exponentially!

•••
No logo and it's been over 2 months since it was approved. :rolleyes:

•••
No logo and it's been over 2 months since it was approved. :rolleyes:

Ha! I'm on 5 months since approval and counting. I'm #282 in queue... and have actually dropped in the queue over the 5 months. This must be some sort of joke. Can't be a real company behind this.

•••
I am the "winner"...

Pending Logo Design Since November 14, 2013...

•••
not so fast....

Pending Logo Design - October 20, 2013

•••
been 10 days now since i transferred the domain
no response to my emails till now

•••
Domain approved July 16th, still waiting on the logo and description. IMO no "Brand" aftermarket should be even reviewing or considering new submissions until all pending logos are created and listings are up.

You're reviewing new domains to add to your marketplace with approved domains sitting for months pending a logo and description? The "we're a small company with limited funds" excuse can get you so far before it's evident you can't handle your operation and need to re-strategize your entire business model unless you want to be taken as a joke.

•••
update - 15 days since domain transfer to zane
no reply to my 2 emails till now

•••
I've paid $25 for "Instant Designer Bonus Payout for Logo Design" but still in Pending Logo Design for more than 96 hours !!!

:(

Maybe by 'instant designer bonus payout' they mean that you PAY for it instantly.

:guilty:

•••
Hi,

I have the same question as in the BB thread.

I have a few domains I would like to list on Namerific and I have a question regarding payment options after a domain is sold.

Since it is not allowed to receive funds via PayPal in my country, what are my options if I have a sale on Namerific? Is it possible to receive money via Wire-transfer?

•••
Anyone Received Payment from Namerific this week? How many days will take to receive the payment from them after pushing the domain?

•••
Hi,

I have the same question as in the BB thread.

I have a few domains I would like to list on Namerific and I have a question regarding payment options after a domain is sold.

Since it is not allowed to receive funds via PayPal in my country, what are my options if I have a sale on Namerific? Is it possible to receive money via Wire-transfer?
THEY DONT HAVE ANY OTHER OPTION WHICH I CAN SEE OTHER THAN PAYPAL

Anyone Received Payment from Namerific this week? How many days will take to receive the payment from them after pushing the domain?
I AM YET TO RECEIVE MY MONEY FOR DOMAIN SOLD END OF LAST MONTH

sorry for the cap letter was by mistake

•••
Just got a name accepted but months to get a logo? weeks to get paid? man oh man....

•••
One of my names just got accepted after 3 weeks. I have submitted it for $1000 and they incresed the price at $4500.
Still waiting the logo

•••
be patient buddy, few years and it will be ready for sale... ;)

•••
Have been losing all my patience with NR. Replies take ages, request go unanswered, logo's NEVER get designed.. even 2-3 times it says design in process.. 4-5 days later again it says that waiting to be picked up by a designer.. I get it, it's free.. but when it's taking an overage of 3 months now for anything to move it's ridiculous.. after call, they have a hefty cut in the sale also

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back