Dynadot

Namerific Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

The Domain Wizard

TheDomainWizard.comEstablished Member
Impact
I have listed my first 2 domain with Namerific and it would be great to share your experience with Namerific.

My experience so far is good. I submitted 4 names and 2 accepted within 48 hours. Logo design was done with 24 hours after verification of the domain names.

Now I need to wait and see if the domain get sold.

Just share your experience with Namerific..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
November 4, 2013
December 18, 2013
May 26, 2013

•••
I don't know when it finally went live (since I never received an email stating it went live), but my name finally is live. Took no less than 8 months... but at least it's finally live.

•••
Mike, I just wanted to take a minute to compliment you on your professionalism. It is not easy to respond to all critiques with a cool and level head, and not everyone will be satisfied, but you have been doing a great job. Thank you for consistently answering the members questions and feedback in this thread, and for keeping us updated on Namerific's progress. I'm sure the "growing pains" will subside, but in the meantime keep charging on! I'll see you at NamesCon.

Thanks for your comments! We are trying to improve the experience for everyone, and I appreciate people's feedback even if it comes off as complaining since we do want to make everyone happy!

Look forward to meeting you at NamesCon as well!

•••
Going through posts in this thread, most people are discussing the design of namerific but nobody is talking about any sales, has anyone sold anything on namerific? I've had one offer in the past

•••
Miracle on the web !!

Namerific finally approved not only one, but two of my domains tonight.
Both names were previously refused on BB.

•••
I went to submit a name today and it seems we now have to fill a description, keywords and select categories to submit a name.

That is a lot of work to do before even knowing if the name will be accepted.

I will stop submitting names to this platform because of that. They should not force us to do that before they accept our name.

•••
Emailling them directly at [email protected] always seems to work for me and within the next day.

•••
I logged in to Namerific to submit a domain, and i discovered that they have accepted one domain i have submitted a couple weeks ago - but i didn't get ANY email about that. I checked in spam - nothing. So, if i didnt log in - i would never knew they accepted the domain. How's that?

•••
Here are some changes we have made in Namerific which will definitely delight you guys:

1. The listing price has been reduced to just $4 per domain.
2. We can now accept any and every domain extension for sale (if they are good enough).
3. We are committed to publish every approved domains within 2 weeks from the date of submission.

Thanks

•••
I sold the name on BR money received, domain transfered. Good luck to the new seller on NR.

•••
I have yet to sell domain at Namerific, few accepted.
Instead of standard generic reply at BB they provide explanation in certain cases why domain declined, or sometimes offer to list at lower price.
Response rate is faster, logo design is faster and free and infact I was happy with free logo design at Namerific than paid design at BB.

They are number one in google for "brandable domains".

Zane's explanation is usually right on the spot and turn around time is much faster than BB.

Both BB and Namerific are very selective in selecting domain names.

It is always good to have competition because that will lead to better customer experience.

•••
:talk:

when they hire the inexperienced, to act as brokers...it severely limits your roi potential

imo...

•••
even me : BoldSign(d)com and others
I think it is not always about branding. sometimes if they have many domains point the same niche, business, or meaning, they just not approve it. you know that they try to make it simple for the buyers. if there were alot of domains, this will make it hard for the buyers to browse all domains.

imo

•••
Dont know if namerific is changing strategies but on average I had about a 50% acceptance rate on the names i was submitting.. Thought understood what they were looking for.. Just had a list of about 17 brandables all just categorically declined... Waiting to see what brandbucket answers if they ever do.. Almost a month since first submissions yet to get any answer.

I have had the same experience with both BB and Namerific in the 3-4 weeks. I think they are tightening up and trying to keep numbers down. I know my names are better than ever (I hope so anyway, lol) as I get the hang of this, but just had a bunch of better ones rejected, some examples below, for an idea. Some of them are getting listing page traffic already on SEDO.

Roamia
LoudWow
Sensationa
Vanysh
Buzzment
Requals
Lovelio
Expeza
Bonavibe

I have 14 more names accepted and waiting for descriptions from early Dec and another 3 waiting for logos, that I paid for the $10 speed up back in Oct. Obviously any domains posted between those two processes is getting overlooked and the logo designers don't get the same bonus.

Another factor for me anyway, on the acceptance rate maybe I have been putting higher prices than before, so maybe they are fed up of emailing price adjustments. :D I notice there have been more requests for this also anyway, lot more requests for under $1000. I think with the extra competition now/increased supply, they may be realizing the prices are too high on the average domains.

I still don't mind, it's their business/service and they can do what they like, and this is how it is. I can still have the names listed elsewhere in the meantime, unlike BB. No point in hanging on their every word or move, we need to get on and do some work ourselves to display these names! They are an avenue or option IMO, not 100% of your sales efforts! Best thing in any business online, is to be independent as possible. %%-

•••
Finally got my first name live today on NR! InstaTrader.com

•••
More proof that domaining is a circus :)

•••
The rejection of names is not what matters, for all these companies the number one thing to be conveyed to customers is their marketing and advertising plan.

What are you doing for your 30 % and in some cases exclusivity.

I totally agree ..
I have a name at BrandBucket for a year now ! I have had no info on anything ,I don't know what they are doing to Market (Except forcing me to Forward the domain to Them) . I can't Park,Promote,Discuss Etc: Makes me sick to think I actually Paid them to list and I have Heard SQUAT..

I could have sold it by now if I was on a C.B Radio in the Sticks somewhere!!
Lesson= I won't pay for another domain to be listed Anywhere.

•••
It's not even clear to me how long it takes for names to go live. The logo design queue seems to go up and down like the stock market.

•••
Yes. I think it was only actually logo'd and posted a few days. I didn't know it was even live yet. I received no notification like you get with Brandbucket. I just checked and I see 4 or so that have gone since I last checked the site a month or so ago, so maybe it was up for longer

It was one that was sitting in a long line of ones to be done that were accepted in December. I think it was featured for free, because when it was sold it was the second logo on the main page. I never paid for featuring.

I think it is also possible it was picked out of the waiting list if they had a client wanting something along those lines. I am not saying that is what happened, but it seems funny it was posted and sold so suddenly after waiting for a logo for a while.

•••
My first sale on Namerific! Sold a 5 letter name there. Everything went smooth and fast....

•••
as a follow up, i got my funds today..
besides that the logo situation is getting pretty annoying to be honest, I have names valued at 7000$ and chose at least 200$ for the logo designer.. it's sitting there waiting to be picked up by a designer.. meanwhile brandbucket is offering to list it for around 2500$.. I'm thinking of cancelling NR and paying 10$ for brandbucket.. if anything Namerific should charge 10$ flat fee like brandbucket and enough with these insane delays.. or some names never being picked up by a designer.. pretty frustrating.. not going to pay 25$ per name just to list it...

•••
be patient buddy, few years and it will be ready for sale... ;)

•••
What is the general turn around to have a domain listed. I list today, how many days before I see my domain? For me it has already been too long. I have submitted and been approved for 1 domain but that is it. I submitted 4 more, 2 were denied, but no more word about the 1 approved or the 2 more. I would like to still list the one for now as long as it's somewhat soon to be displayed. Not trying to be rude but just in thought, I am the one doing all the work currently to sell my domain. I have sold before to someone one for $500 to have 15% taken out from a company who did nothing more than be a trusted company. But I had my 85% within a week, and with me waiting this long so far just to be listed, I am wondering the turnaround and responses later when I do have a payment, because currently, to me, they seem almost non-existent. Most responses are 48-72 hours and I'm not getting that with you. Again not trying to be rude because we all have our process. I just am putting the time into emailing 7000 people to sell the domain I am listing on your website, and well you are saying your site needs 30% just to successfully sell my domain. But I am putting forward all the work...I build up a contact list today and will spend the next 2-4 weeks working to sell my domain.....I don't expect to wait 2-4 weeks to have it listed and another 2-4 weeks to get a check...so what is so great about Namerific that I should stay and list my premium domain for only 70% when I can list some sites and it's immediate listing, and others are up to 72 hours I have been on, but I haven't waited this long until now and doing the math, I've wasted a $1 of a normal domain's year registration.....to me, that is too much of a loss, when nothing has been listed yet

Just some thoughts

I sell at all three market places, and generally it takes on average 2 weeks to get a response back. (NR and BR are a bit quicker to approve or decline names) Then on top of that, the description process and the logos can take upwards to 1-6 weeks. That's just the reality. Let's be lucky enough to sell a name! All three market places from what I understand are reputable, and payment happens within a 5 day turn around. I have a bit of an insiders perspective on NR and Mike. I assure you he's on the up and up. So I wouldn't worry. Plus you can sell on other platforms and they don't charge anything to list.

•••
I sold one name within a month of opening an account and had one non payer in the next month, at least there was interest

•••
I think it's a good business idea/plan to sell the brandables. It brings value back to the domain market, all while taking 30% end fees. Check out my link below, I think domain sales pages are overrated...the most the do is escrow, unless it's like Namepros or something. I think the web and web security has come far enough for owners to do business on their own, granted the law allows :).

My site's more open, but brandables are a big market, and someone does need to grasp on them

I agree that selling brandables is a good idea but what I was saying is that the ones they are accepting lately don't seem to fall into that niche 100%.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back