NameSilo

Namerific Experience

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

The Domain Wizard

TheDomainWizard.comEstablished Member
Impact
I have listed my first 2 domain with Namerific and it would be great to share your experience with Namerific.

My experience so far is good. I submitted 4 names and 2 accepted within 48 hours. Logo design was done with 24 hours after verification of the domain names.

Now I need to wait and see if the domain get sold.

Just share your experience with Namerific..

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
is anyone getting sales i wonder ?

•••
It's not even clear to me how long it takes for names to go live. The logo design queue seems to go up and down like the stock market.

•••
It's not even clear to me how long it takes for names to go live. The logo design queue seems to go up and down like the stock market.

Agreed. I had 1 name approved 3 weeks ago. States "no designed claimed this logo" in my profile. 3 weeks and no designer. How long does it take?

They say I can offer a $25 bonus. I suppose this speeds things along. Not sure it's worth trying though. They only approved 1 name and I want to test this before increasing my price.

•••
The queue order seems to be arbitrary. I have a couple of names that were approved over 8 weeks ago that are still pending logo approval while another name I submitted a couple of weeks ago was approved and went live within the same week.

•••
I have 2 domains that Pending Logo Design (No designers claimed this domain yet)

one since January 12 and the second February 2, 2014

the Design Queue is vibrating 295-270

•••
I have 10 pending logos and 3 are still waiting from 15th October, where I paid the bonus, that was right around the time the format changed. All the rest are from December and I didn't pay the $25 bonus.

Good news is I had a $2000 sale there last week. ;)

•••
I have 10 pending logos and 3 are still waiting from 15th October, where I paid the bonus, that was right around the time the format changed. All the rest are from December and I didn't pay the $25 bonus.

Good news is I had a $2000 sale there last week. ;)

you sold at NR?
if it is that, how long was your domain submitted there?

•••
Yes. I think it was only actually logo'd and posted a few days. I didn't know it was even live yet. I received no notification like you get with Brandbucket. I just checked and I see 4 or so that have gone since I last checked the site a month or so ago, so maybe it was up for longer

It was one that was sitting in a long line of ones to be done that were accepted in December. I think it was featured for free, because when it was sold it was the second logo on the main page. I never paid for featuring.

I think it is also possible it was picked out of the waiting list if they had a client wanting something along those lines. I am not saying that is what happened, but it seems funny it was posted and sold so suddenly after waiting for a logo for a while.

•••
Anyone notice that names on namerific are showing a $1000000 buy now price?
Maybe someone will get lucky today:)

•••

Crazy. Let's hope they've been keeping backups.

•••

Wanted to post the same thing

Crazy!

Do you get emails from namerific?
I dont get email no more when domain is approved, logo is done and so on.
I am afraid I will not get email notification when offer is made too.

•••
It's special pricing for 1st April only.
Tomorrow the prices are up again.

•••
•••
I recently sold a domain there too. I am still waiting to get paid for it, though. Did you receive payment HoneyD?

•••
Last week I sold one too (first sale on NR). I had the domain at NameCheap and had to transfer it to GoDaddy. It took 1 day. I received payment on April Fools' Day. No joke... :)

Zane handled everything smoothly and his response time was excellent.

The name got listed with Namerific 4 months ago.

@pronamer If you already transferred it , just send Zane an email.

•••
I recently sold a domain there too. I am still waiting to get paid for it, though. Did you receive payment HoneyD?

Congratulations! :wave: Payment came through pretty well 7 days after I transferred the domain.

The first domain I sold through them, back in October, was for much less money and I received it the next day.

I emailed Zane after about 4 days for this one (making sure they had not forgotten about me as the first was so fast) and Zane said they hold onto them for a bit after a sale. I am guessing that's likely to reduce their chances of being stuck with a Paypal Chargeback, after paying the owner.

You can email and check, but it sounds like your experience is fairly normal.

•••
Just Robo/Pass [.] c o m got approved
there are some pugs namerific trying to fix them up

•••
I have 22 names listed so far (5 of which are featured without paying).
Another 14 names accepted awaiting logos.

Some recently went live,
But so far havent had any sales.

Earliest ones went live about 2 months ago..

Last edited:
•••
I have sold 3 so far with Zane and Nameriffic. On every sale I was paid within one day but I always instantly transferred the name into Nameriffic's Godaddy Escrow account so they had control of the domain to transfer when the buyer was ready. I think that definitely helped speed up the process.

It is good to see that the site is starting to pick up steam which is good for all of us. One thing I wish Zane would do is list all of my names on one single page so when a name I have with them gets traffic then my other names get traffic also. There is no reason why if someone navigates to my domain sales page because they typed in one of my names that I should be selling one of your names. If my traffic got them there than they should be able to see the rest of my names also. I don't think your traffic should help sell my names or my traffic help sell your names.

Most 4, 5, 6 letter names are very universal so that potential customer should be able to see my other 4, 5, 6 letter names and it would probably make more sales for them and keep those people (us) more happy in keeping the inventory there. I personally used to direct my names to Nameriffic but I don't do it anymore because why should I. I potentially could have a lost sale because the customer may see someone else's name they like better. I think we should all ban together and try to get Zane to change this because I can promise you Zane if you are reading this you WILL increase sales.

•••
I get your point hookbox, but just to play devil's advocate, some of traffic which some of your names have perhaps comes from someone else's generated traffic.. Hard to say which is more advantageous.. But I am sort of inclined towards your Idea

•••
@pokainc

I am talking about when someone types my name directly into the search bar and lands on my domain because I forwarded it to the Namerific page. I just think if my name got them there why should I potentially sell someone else's name. My direct traffic should benefit me directly first and if they choose to look at other names while they are there is fine but they should at least see mine first.

I understand if a person doesn't have that many names listed there it probably doesn't matter much but I have over 30 listed and think those 30 should be seen if my traffic sent them there. When all my names are forwarded than Namerific is getting at bare minimum 150 looks per month by a potential customer because of my names so why should those looks go to someone else when my name generated them by either natural type in traffic or me promoting the name myself.

•••
Thanks for letting me know about your experiences everyone. I still haven't received payment though. I have sent emails, I transfered the domain very promptly, etc., so I don't understand what the delay is all about. (about two weeks now)

update: I just received payment :)

Last edited:
•••
Just Robo/Pass [.] c o m got approved
there are some pugs namerific trying to fix them up

it was 4-4-2014

-----------

just now
robopass live

namerific.com/robopass

:wave:

and namerific.com/audian live too

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back