IT.COM

Know when your site content is copied

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

I stumbled upon COPYSCAPE earlier today and found its service VERY impressive.

I also was interested enough to find some copied content. I've contacted the owner and he said he would remove it :)

They also have a thing where you can sign up and get plagiarism alerts when somebody copies your site. But that's $10 a month.

You can search whole site or just a single page. It's very cool. They even highlight the copied text when you click on the links.

Enjoy.
-Matt
(Not my site.)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah, it's a REALLY handy tool!

•••
GREAT find. Thanks for the link... I will surely use it. Rep. added.

•••
•••
•••
yeah that site has been around for some time and is very useful

•••
Very cool, found some site spidering and posting my blogs on a site heh.

•••
•••
wow that is one nice site... thnx!
rep added!

•••
•••
Nice site, thanks for the link, nice to know my content has been copied, i dont care.

•••
•••
No prob. Enjoy!

Last edited:
•••
handy site that nice find !

•••
•••
Agreed, very nice find. Bookmarked.

•••
usefull site ,, thanks...

•••
Great site, definately will use it from now on.

I hate that when people copy my stuff :(

•••
I do too brian :)

I just found another plagiarist ;)

•••
What can you do about somebody copying your stuff?

What if they refuse to remove the content?

•••
You can take them to court, as long as you have some sort of proof you made it first.

http://www.LawFAQ.info should answer most of your questions.

•••
Thanks for the great link matt. I bet alot of people are going to start useing it. I searched for my site and it didnt come up with anything so thats good.

•••
how can you be so sure it was copied?
No one would really copy content without modification. If someone copied the .css file, how can you know it is unique?

compuXP said:
Hi,

I stumbled upon COPYSCAPE earlier today and found its service VERY impressive.

I also was interested enough to find some copied content. I've contacted the owner and he said he would remove it :)

They also have a thing where you can sign up and get plagiarism alerts when somebody copies your site. But that's $10 a month.

You can search whole site or just a single page. It's very cool. They even highlight the copied text when you click on the links.

Enjoy.
-Matt
(Not my site.)

•••
Thank you for the nice link! :)

•••
cache said:
how can you be so sure it was copied?
No one would really copy content without modification. If someone copied the .css file, how can you know it is unique?

It is not about finding sites that copy your design or cascading style sheets. It is for checking the actual content of the pages.

If something has several paragraphs that are word for word as long as you did not copy it and wrote it yourself it is pretty much safe to assume they copied it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back