NameSilo

registrars GNAME.COM is from now the second most powerfull registrar after Dropcatch.com in backorder domain names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
GNAME.COM they just accredited around 500 ICANN new registrars under his own name

Happen aprox not more than a month , maybe only last 2 weeks

Basic are second in the row after Dropcatch.com with over 1000

They are very powerfull & specialize in .com , .cc & .cn / .cn.com

I watch them in last week and catch all top
.CC for the rest of extension not looking but i notice also catch some top .com

When a domain is catch and go to auction must pay in advance a deposit of 5% or 10% from proxy bid you place
Example: if proxy bid is $1800 must deposit in advance around $180$ maybe more

Also if you are not order a backorder but after want to participate must pay 7 $ to be on auction as bidder but if you dont win that auction you loose those 7 $

So be caution if you want to use backorder service from GNAME.COM

One of "good" things can i call it this , is not only catch daily fesh drop names but also have access to other registras ( probably in partnership as Dynadot have ) for names are near to expire but are put in auction as "drop" and can bid on them
I notice many NNNN .com , CCC .com & and many others top names

My prediction is in aprox ONE year will be over Dropcatch.com

P.S.
Snapnames drop around 100-150 accredited registrars & become very very very low in backorder... below even versus Dynadot or Catched

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GNAME.COM they just accredited around 500 ICANN new registrars under his own name

Happen aprox not more than a month , maybe only last 2 weeks

Basic are second in the row after Dropcatch.com with over 1000

They are very powerfull & specialize in .com , .cc & .cn / .cn.com

I watch them in last week and catch all top
.CC for the rest of extension not looking but i notice also catch some top .com

When a domain is catch and go to auction must pay in advance a deposit of 5% or 10% from proxy bid you place
Example: if proxy bid is $1800 must deposit in advance around $180$ maybe more

Also if you are not order a backorder but after want to participate must pay 7 $ to be on auction as bidder but if you dont win that auction you loose those 7 $

So be caution if you want to use backorder service from GNAME.COM

One of "good" things can i call it this , is not only catch daily fesh drop names but also have access to other registras ( probably in partnership as Dynadot have ) for names are near to expire but are put in auction as "drop" and can bid on them
I notice many NNNN .com , CCC .com & and many others top names

My prediction is in aprox ONE year will be over Dropcatch.com

P.S.
Snapnames drop around 100-150 accredited registrars & become very very very low in backorder... below even versus Dynadot or Catched

..and about me
Glad i catch names like AEM.cc , Emergency.cc , EMD.cc , Nexus.cc , Iris.cc , Cosmos.cc , Alien.cc , Cyborg.cc , Zenith.cc , Zee.cc etc... on Dropcatch or Snapnames...because from now will be very very very hard for them to catch top names + i will NOT participate to GNAME drop auction because of auction policy MONEY first and AFTER bid 😟

Last edited:
•••
"Paying deposit in advance before bidding" - Yeah, and when people lose the auction, their money stays locked on the platform with no payout option. No thanks.

Last edited:
•••
I've also noticed Gname is beating DropCatch for .com's recently.

So we pay a $1 deposit for each backorder request but it says that is refunded if we don't win. Refunded back to our CC? Are they billing and refunding every day? Seems a terrible waste.

If the caught name goes to auction, you're saying we have to pay $7 to participate? What if we don't? Do we get our $1 back? And if we do participate, we lose $7 unless we win the auction? Do I understand this correctly? What about our original $1? Do we get that back if we lose the auction?

•••
I've also noticed Gname is beating DropCatch for .com's recently.

So we pay a $1 deposit for each backorder request but it says that is refunded if we don't win. Refunded back to our CC? Are they billing and refunding every day? Seems a terrible waste.

If the caught name goes to auction, you're saying we have to pay $7 to participate? What if we don't? Do we get our $1 back? And if we do participate, we lose $7 unless we win the auction? Do I understand this correctly? What about our original $1? Do we get that back if we lose the auction?

As i say initial when i start the topic

GNAME beat Dropcatch/Snapnames on any .CC
* they have around 500 "servers"
* Snapnames drop aprox 100,150 not sure exact but a lot

* maybe also on on .com LLLL or string .com i dont know because i don't care anymore since not use GNAME

Not sure for initial $1 or 4 or 7 or even $10 ( it's a range that say more chance to catch a domain if you pay more )
are come back to your wallet ( can't remember anything on domain names even spent/work 16H aprox / day )
Yes you loose this $7 bucks if you don't win a auction if initially not request a backorder for that domain but wanted in time when is in auction

Last edited:
•••
As i say initial when i start the topic

GNAME beat Dropcatch/Snapnames on any .CC
* they have around 500 "servers"
* Snapnames drop aprox 100,150 not sure exact but a lot

* maybe also on on .com LLLL or string .com i dont know because i don't care anymore since not use GNAME

Not sure for initial $1 or 4 or 7 or even $10 ( it's a range that say more chance to catch a domain if you pay more )
are come back to your wallet ( can't remember anything on domain names even spent/work 16H aprox / day )
Yes you loose this $7 bucks if you don't win a auction if initially not request a backorder for that domain but wanted in time when is in auction

Oh, so you're saying you only pay (and lose) the $7 auction fee if you DIDN'T originally backorder the domain with $1? Is that correct?

Re the $1 fee - it is never refunded, only being returned to your Gname wallet, is that correct?

Sorry, your English is tough to understand, that is why I am writing for clarification. I do appreciate your responses.

•••
Oh, so you're saying you only pay (and lose) the $7 auction fee if you DIDN'T originally backorder the domain with $1? Is that correct?

Re the $1 fee - it is never refunded, only being returned to your Gname wallet, is that correct?

Sorry, your English is tough to understand, that is why I am writing for clarification. I do appreciate your responses.
Yes my english is rubish 😂

Yeh i think are returned to wallet the originallu request ( but not 100% sure can't remeber because dont want to use GNAME )

But those $7 you loose each time for each auction you want to participate & not make a initially request

The only way to get back this $7 is to win the auction ( very hard to win )

They make a lot of money only from this

Last edited:
•••
Is Gname using (at least some of) the 650++ Snapnames registrars now in addition to their own 300 registrars?
For example, the domain 7675.com was caught on June 14 by a Snapnames/NS Registrar and is now on auction at Gname. (For Snapnames users, that could be quite a game changer...!?)

•••
Is Gname using (at least some of) the 650++ Snapnames registrars now in addition to their own 300 registrars?
For example, the domain 7675.com was caught on June 14 by a Snapnames/NS Registrar and is now on auction at Gname. (For Snapnames users, that could be quite a game changer...!?)

No

Snapnames no longer have 650++ ( they drop 100,150 maybe more not sure last time when i check was inactive as status )

A ..yes...good point @dropping i forgot to mention this

GNAME have an account for each : Snapnames , Dropcatch , Dynadot & other that is used to bid on names on this backorder services but they run own auction , a second one on his website GNAME where most of user if not 100% are chinese

GNAME create his own account on this , because for majority of chinese not pass the verification on Snapnames or Dropcatch or even pass is hard with some type of payments

Snapnames , Dropcatch & other should BAN the GNAME because basic is not a real user but of course they dont care about this , they care about only for money to be more & more

So basic for 7675.com you bid against GNAME , a registrar , not a real user like you , me...a person

...and ( BUT not 100% sure to be NOTED ) the username on Snapnames & Dropcatch is "juming" ( but as i say not 100 % sure ) maybe on Dropcatch is "first1" bidder 🤔

Ju Ming - Drama Title ( more or less translation )

PS when ( me ) spend almost 16H on PC , on domaining , i have time to notice all this 🤪

Last edited:
•••
No

Snapnames no longer have 650++ ( they drop 100,150 maybe more not sure last time when i check was inactive as status )

GNAME have an account for each : Snapnames , Dropcatch , Dynadot & other that is used to bid on names on this backorder services but they run own auction , a second one on his website GNAME where most of user if not 100% are chinese

GNAME create his own account on this , because for majority of chinese not pass the verification on Snapnames or Dropcatch or even pass is hard with some type of payments

Snapnames , Dropcatch & other should BAN the GNAME because basic is not a real user but of course they dont care about this , they care about only for money to be more & more

So basic for 7675.com you bid against GNAME , a resitrar , not a real user like you , me...a person

...and ( BUT not 100% sure to be NOTED ) the username on Snapnames & Dropcatch is "juming" ( but as i say not 100 % sure )

PS when ( me ) spend almost 16H on PC , on domaining , i have time to notice all this 🤪

Aaaa and to be full , i sent 2-3 emails last year when i notice what GNAME do on Dropcatch that they run a second auction on his own website pretend they catch the names...i sent to Dropcatch service & say don't care

•••
No

So basic for 7675.com you bid against GNAME , a registrar , not a real user like you , me...a person

...and ( BUT not 100% sure to be NOTED ) the username on Snapnames & Dropcatch is "juming" ( but as i say not 100 % sure )

Example:

If a domain is catch by Snapnames ( where auctions are private ) & the request is made by 3 entities & one of this 3 is GNAME , they will put in auction on his website & anyone can bid after pay to them $7 ( in case initial was not req. by a entity / person ) , basic instead of 3 can be 25 or 50 entities and dont know why not win the auction ...until now 😉

IMO they breach TOS of Snapnames , made from a private auction - a public one

Last edited:
•••
From what see GNAME is using leverage game known from banking and financial sector. Selling something you do not even own and this 7$ "participation fee" is just crazy. In end they earn more from auctions then original sites that catch domains...

Now all good domains go to auction as there are always more then one backorder but with companies like this indiviulas will have even less chance to get some good domains....

Last edited:
•••
What is the backorder deadline for .com at Gname?

•••
Example:

If a domain is catch by Snapnames ( where auctions are private ) & the request is made by 3 entities & one of this 3 is GNAME , they will put in auction on his website & anyone can bid after pay to them $7 ( in case initial was not req. by a entity / person ) , basic instead of 3 can be 25 or 50 entities and dont know why not win the auction ...until now 😉

IMO they breach TOS of Snapnames , made from a private auction - a public one

This is a fantastic point.

...and ( BUT not 100% sure to be NOTED ) the username on Snapnames & Dropcatch is "juming" ( but as i say not 100 % sure ) maybe on Dropcatch is "first1" bidder

Juming is connected to Juming.com. If you change the site to English translation, and search for a domain there that Juming is bidding on Snapnames, the result for that domain will say "in the bid" with a "bid" button, but the same in principle as I believe it is also making the auction public.

Last edited:
•••

This is why I have not used Gname yet to backorder, on the assumption that if I was the sole bidder on a name caught by any of the other services, than I would actually be creating a second bidder and thereby sending the domain to auction instead of catching it uncontested.

However now that a fair number of domains are being caught by Gname, it is a bit of a Catch 22. If you don't backorder there, you are going to miss some potential names. But if you do backorder there, you might end up sending some names into an auction that you would have won outright.

•••
@CDM
"What is the backorder deadline for .com at Gname" i dont understand the question

Juming is a user a bidder as you or me & have a nickname for auctions on Snapnames & Dropcatch

Yes is a website Juming.com but nothing to do with GNAME , GNAME is behind of Juming & first1

Maybe , maybe Juming.com & GNAME are partners & use same account is possible

But i track names have win in auction & is GNAME under this nicknames/user ...of course they win but behind is a chinese user on GNAME

Anyway for me the situation is unacceptable

Last edited:
•••
@CDM
"What is the backorder deadline for .com at Gname" i dont understand the question

Juming is a user a bidder as you or me & have a nickname for auctions on Snapnames & Dropcatch

Yes is a website Juming.com but nothing to do with GNAME , GNAME is behind of Juming & first1

But i track names have win in auction & is GNAME under this nicknames/user ...of course they win but behind is a chinese user on GNAME

Yeh possible to have a partnership or same company Juming & GNAME because just remember all auctions on Snapnames or Dropcatch show and are public on both & after pay a fee $7 on GNAME you can participate to auctions even you not request a backorder . On Juming.com i dont know about a fee because don't have account
The bad thing is sometime pretend they catch a name but is catch by Snapnames or Dropcatch
+ I talk someone here ( i found by mistake ) & on Juming.com say they sold for low 6 figure a domain LLLL .com via brokerage & is not truth because this person still own the name & was not acquire by him via Juming.com so a lot of lies on this 2 , Juming & GNAME

Last edited:
•••
@CDM
It's okay, Gname don't understand it either, or they don't offer support for English speakers, as I've emailed them several times through the site and PM'd their account here and never an answer.

The question is, what is the latest possible time to submit a backorder. For example, if I am in Central time zone, the latest I can submit a backorder on DC and SN/NJ is 12:45pm the day of the drop.

For Gname it says, "The deadline for domain name backorders is 24:00 on the day of domain name deletion." but I don't know what time zone they are in, or is it UTC, in which case it is midnight the day before? Usually midnight is referred as 00:00 not 24:00.

•••
It's okay, Gname don't understand it either, or they don't offer support for English speakers, as I've emailed them several times through the site and PM'd their account here and never an answer.

The question is, what is the latest possible time to submit a backorder. For example, if I am in Central time zone, the latest I can submit a backorder on DC and SN/NJ is 12:45pm the day of the drop.

For Gname it says, "The deadline for domain name backorders is 24:00 on the day of domain name deletion." but I don't know what time zone they are in, or is it UTC, in which case it is midnight the day before? Usually midnight is referred as 00:00 not 24:00.

Is not important time / date long as you can pay $7 ( of course must win that auction otherwise you lose it ) if you not make request / submit a backorder from start

But i think probably they use UTC 🤷‍♀️

•••
@CDM

first1 is undoubtedly the nickname for Gname at Dropcatch, and probably Juming at Snapnames.

These companies should ban Gname because at Snapnames, it's no longer a private auction. There were times when I didn't yet understand what Gname was doing, and it happened that only I and Gname, under the name first1, had caught the domain at Dropcatch (I had placed a backorder for the domain at both Gname and Dropcatch simultaneously). Subsequently, the domain went to auction at Dropcatch, attracting other investors, and in one case, the price soared to $1,500. I could have secured the domain for $59 if Gname hadn’t interfered, as I would have been the only bidder. Is this legal? Can something be done about this?

•••
first1 is undoubtedly the nickname for Gname at Dropcatch, and probably Juming at Snapnames.

These companies should ban Gname because at Snapnames, it's no longer a private auction. There were times when I didn't yet understand what Gname was doing, and it happened that only I and Gname, under the name first1, had caught the domain at Dropcatch (I had placed a backorder for the domain at both Gname and Dropcatch simultaneously). Subsequently, the domain went to auction at Dropcatch, attracting other investors, and in one case, the price soared to $1,500. I could have secured the domain for $59 if Gname hadn’t interfered, as I would have been the only bidder. Is this legal? Can something be done about this?

They not care , only to make more money
As Dropcatch , yeh let's say is a public auction
..but on Snapnames is a private one but GNAME make it public

Snap & Drop don't think or calculate that maybe one of the winners on GNAME not pay ?

Oh wait - i have already the answer - LOL
Even one of his bidders from GNAME not pay the domain will be paid by GNAME himself - i notice already this because one of name go to much , bidder not paid & now is under ownership of GNAME

I watch them since last year aprox August- September 2024 when i notice something is wrong with auctions on Drop & Snap

I think they just tested the waters to see if can make money & after to accredited almost 500 registrars

Last edited:
•••
They not care , only to make more money
As Dropcatch , yeh let's say is a public auction
..but on Snapnames is a private one but GNAME make it public

Snap & Drop don't think or calculate that maybe one of the winners on GNAME not pay ?

Oh wait - i have already the answer - LOL
Even one of his bidders from GNAME not pay the domain will be paid by GNAME himself - i notice already this because one of name go to much , bidder not paid & now is under ownership of GNAME

I watch them since last year aprox August- September 2024 when i notice something is wrong with auctions on Drop & Snap

I think they just tested the waters to see if can make money & after to accredited almost 500 registrars
Yea this is true... if they got "stucked" with more and more "high" value domains for which bidder do not pay in end GNAME will need to thinkt their strategy all over again :)

•••
I try to catch a great domain recently, it got at Gname after drop, there even is no 1 second difference when I did WHOIS, at the same second it was at dropping registrar and in same second he was registered at Gname. I was shocked!
Too bad, the domain is a gem.
edit: grammar

Last edited:
•••
I try to catch a great domain recently, it got at Gname after drop, there even is no 1 second difference when I did WHOIS, in at the same second he was at dropping registrar and in same second he was registered at Gname. I was shocked!
Too bad, the domain is a gem.

Don't be
Say in title "GNAME is from now second most powerfull..."
With 300 up to 500 accredited ICANN registrars is now Dropcatch & GNAME

Snapnames ( they drop a lot of accredited registrars , aprox 100 even more from 250 i think ) basic can ignore it ...i think they will step away soon from backorder service because i talk with someone from support 2 month ago and say Snapnames & Networksolutions dont offer backorder service ...maybe this person know something since then but can't share me exact details 🤷

It is what it is

•••
Don't be
Say in title "GNAME is from now second most powerfull..."
With 300 up to 500 accredited ICANN registrars is now Dropcatch & GNAME

Snapnames ( they drop a lot of accredited registrars , aprox 100 even more from 250 i think ) basic can ignore it ...i think they will step away soon from backorder service because i talk with someone from support 2 month ago and say Snapnames & Networksolutions dont offer backorder service ...maybe this person know something since then but can't share me exact details 🤷

It is what it is
I have seen some get caught by Netsol, was thinking maybe they have some catch tool?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back