IT.COM

.info .Info's - What do you think of them?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've just been offered a pretty good one word .info for what i believe is a fair price. I was just wondering what peoples thoughts on .infos are?
will they suffer with the introduction of new TLD's, are they still considered spammy, also where can i find a list of recent "Good" sales.

I look forward to seeing your comments.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I view the .INFO extension as the fourth best extension, after .COM, .NET, and .ORG I think that short .INFO's still have good end-user potential.

•••
Hmm I think .info's are better than .org. Anyway these are good for develop rather than resell. Its not easy to find end users for .info domains.

•••
Yes, I do agree as well. .info is the 4th best extension for me after .com, .net, .org and last .info. I found it very useful extension if you want to share any informative news or events.

•••
For developing I love them. I will soon have over 100 .info mini-sites online and they produce very good SE rankings and traffic if you spend the time to promote them. I have been able to grab some great .info domains that fit the extension very well such as AmazonRiver.info and QueenElizabeth.info when there is no way I could afford these keywords in .com or even .net. If you make sure the extension is relevant (they are perfect for small information sites but unsuitable for e-commerce, etc IMO) then you should be onto a winner.

However I wouldn't touch them if you're looking to simply invest in domains or flip for a profit unless you're super sure of the domain and what you're doing as there's not much reseller interest in them out there.

•••
I can support the suggestion of hard to sell. I just sold iBuyer.info for $2, and I tried to sell CardOnline.info and LaserHDTVs.info, but hard to sell, I may just drop them if no takers.

•••
I can support the suggestion of hard to sell. I just sold iBuyer.info for $2, and I tried to sell CardOnline.info and LaserHDTVs.info, but hard to sell, I may just drop them if no takers.

i agree, they are HARD to sell sometimes

•••
They are ugly, I would say they are garbage; unless its a super hot keyword, i would stay away from them.

•••
I agree, .info is very hard to sell unless it has the special name or keyword. I have not seen such good deals with .info extensions.

•••
Yes - I agree - difficult to sell. I have an auction at the moment of some 20 infos starting at $1.

If I were not so busy trying to make a living in the real world, I would develop most of those.

I have several developed .info sites right now that are making money:

AfricanViolets
AnnualPlants
BackyardGarden
BayRum
EarnCashAtHome
LuckyCharm
OrchidPlants
Rose-Flower
RoseColors

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back