Dynadot

.IM Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have seen quite a few registered lately, has anyone got any comments on these names. What if there was a good keyword name, is it worth grabbing.

I believe its the Isle Of Man, but are people possibly going to use the "Instant Messaging" acronym for these domains??

Thanks for any advice??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
After a long time I grabbed another great domain which is Social.IM. This domain was previously owned by iSkoot Inc. It has lot of quality backlinks from sites like TechCrunch.com, Mashable.com and many more.

http://techcrunch.com/2008/01/09/socialim-the-instant-messaging-service-for-facebook/
http://techcrunch.com/2008/09/04/mobile-voip-startup-iskoot-buys-socialim/
http://mashable.com/2008/09/05/socialim-iskoot/
http://www.killerstartups.com/Social-Networking/social-im-chat-for-facebook-users

Thoughts?

•••
Offers turned down by us on sedo:

resume.im $450
romance.im $400
pen.im $500

What do you think?

I would have asked for high 3 figures for resume and romance and for Pen in 4 figures.

I just registered Flower.IM

•••
Officially joined the club with my first .IM - WebDesign.IM

Open to your opinions :)

I prefer single word domains in .IM
However, there are many web designing companies and one might be willing to buy at high $xxx or low $xxx.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Last week sold Help dot IM $800

•••
I'm holding some of the top .IM domains like Social.IM, Hotels.IM, Cars.IM, Law.IM, Travel.IM, Media.IM, Mobile.IM, Fashion.IM, Free.IM and few more. But no interest from endusers especially since the launch of new gTLDs.

•••
I failed to sell Air dor im so far directly, no inquires received, not even for xxx$. We'll just have to wait.

I don't recommend mass registration of .im domain even if its LLL word. The extension needs promotion and big sales to count.

Patience young grasshopper!!

Mwzd that's a nice grab

Abdul toy and dog are awesome!

•••
Just regged my first and only .im name.

Amy

I feel first names may do well in the future with the extension.

Sit and wait.... :)

I hope so because I have quite a lot of these.

•••
I own 'drones' and the only offer I received was like $10 I think (or maybe $100)... that was the only offer in the 3+ years I own it

•••
No, Flippa is just a waste of time, only if it is a premium listing it may get some attention.

•••
•••
.im domain sales reported by NameBio:
Code:
Mobile.im ---- $7000 - 24/01/2008 - Afternic.com
hotels.im ---- $2082 - 24/07/2008 - sedo.com
my.im -------- $1796 - 24/04/2007 - Sedo.com
sale.im ------ $1470 - 06/01/2008 - Sedo.com
gay.im  ------ $1033 - 19/10/2007 - Sedo.com
sms.im  ------- $999 - 28/09/2007 - Sedo.com
msg.im  ------- $700 - 19/06/2008 - Sedo.com
otto.im ------- $645 - 05/01/2007 - Sedo.com
tel.im -------- $600 - 01/01/2009 - Sedo.com
hot.im -------- $343 - 16/04/2008 - Sedo.com
blackjack.im  - $280 - 25/01/2007 - Sedo.com
musl.im ------- $200 - 12/01/2007 - Sedo.com
home.im ------- $170 - 16/04/2008 - Sedo.com
mobi.im ------- $160 - 19/03/2007 - Sedo.com
boobs.im ------ $160 - 11/11/2007 - Sedo.com

Not bad at all. What do you think?
Anyway I think that (super) premium keyword domains will always have value in any TLD, even the worst one ;)

•••
Thanks STP :) So if I take your and the_poet's suggestion I must take minimum low four figures... That's good :)

I think you can fetch 1.5k max from end user for Air.IM

•••
social.com sold for some $2.4mm or so. soci.al sold for $50k.

social.im with the internet messaging usage would easily be worth $5k imho.

Congrats Abdul, some good catches off late!

•••
Thanks mwdz :)

That's what I was thinking too. I have written to several companies and received offers in low four figures. I expect to set new highest sale in .IM ;)

By the way, I can see Soci.al is not opening and unable to find the contact info through whois. Is there any other way to contact the owner of this domain?

•••
Furniture is a great pick.

As is baccarat.

Congrats!

•••
Just regged my first and only .im name.

Amy

I feel first names may do well in the future with the extension.

Sit and wait.... :)

•••
•••
Officially joined the club with my first .IM - WebDesign.IM

Open to your opinions :)

•••
•••
K.im currently on Sedo auction at $20,000!

•••
If this is serious bid, I hope it will boost .IM domains at least on temporary basis. Thanks for sharing :)

k.im is a great name.. this is the most popular Korean surname with almost 10,000,000 distribution according to Wikipedia (2000). $20,000 looks cheap to me..
on the other hand i dont think it would be of any help to .im as it's a pure hack sale having little to do with extension itself.. i wish it did better thou.. still holding tattoo/torrent and a couple more myself

•••
I used to check that also as Abdul does.
Got alot of good ones that way from drop.

Holding only half dozen now.

K.im forwArds to Kim.com now
Good sale wow!

•••
Hotels.IM

Just grabbed it from the drop ;)

•••
There is a .im domain name for sale on Flippa (not mine).
Link
I am interested if there will be a successful sale!

•••
Got StartPage.im, sold some time ago Happy . im for 325€ and btw, im.im (not mine) is at 1,750$ on Flippa.

•••
I wonder why people are registering some .io's at $100/each when a .im is 10 times cheaper..

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Input/output

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back