IT.COM

.IM Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have seen quite a few registered lately, has anyone got any comments on these names. What if there was a good keyword name, is it worth grabbing.

I believe its the Isle Of Man, but are people possibly going to use the "Instant Messaging" acronym for these domains??

Thanks for any advice??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks everyone for liking my post.

@ STP
Actually my brother was going to register Air.im but was taking too long to decide in buying it and you grabbed it :) I knew it will be gone very soon...

Good luck with it :)

•••
@abdul

It shouldnt take that long to reg this. Had my eyes on it too but when i tried to reg few days ago i was told i cant reg lll, only llll. But then i saw others with lll and searched another registrar(domainmonster). is that the cheapest <paid7euro)?

•••
@abdul

It shouldnt take that long to reg this. Had my eyes on it too but when i tried to reg few days ago i was told i cant reg lll, only llll. But then i saw others with lll and searched another registrar(domainmonster). is that the cheapest <paid7euro)?

It takes couple of minutes of register .IM domains at DomainMonster and yeah it's currently the cheapest registrar for .IM new reg/renewals. You can register LLL.IM with any registrar offering this extension but single/double character domains can be registered through Nic.IM only with $500 for 2 character and $999 for single character domains which is too expensive to buy and sell.

•••
Abdul that is some grab!!!

Also air is a good one too

My 20month old accidentally deleted my dropped domains search list, I have to recreate it now.

Last .im reg here:

MOB.im

•••
Abdul that is some grab!!!

Also air is a good one too

My 20month old accidentally deleted my dropped domains search list, I have to recreate it now.

Last .im reg here:

MOB.im

That's really sad and it will take some time to create list. However, if you need some list of top keywords let me know and I will PM you.

I like Mob.IM as well and was out of my radar (drop list).

•••

That's really sad and it will take some time to create list. However, if you need some list of top keywords let me know and I will PM you.

I like Mob.IM as well and was out of my radar (drop list).

Thanks bro. Not comparable to your social but I like it still lol
Maybe got it last month tho, nothing since.

I have the big brother to this name, MAFIA.

Have seem mob.cctld sales on dnj recently so hoping for the best in the future of course ;)

I will have some time today to attempt the list recreation so let's see what happens with that!!

•••
@ BD

Alright. Good luck with it and hopes for the best :)
IMO the best .IM domain I have so far is Mobile.IM but never got inquiry to date!
We can sell Mobile.IM and Mob.IM both together ;)

•••
@ BD

Alright. Good luck with it and hopes for the best :)
IMO the best .IM domain I have so far is Mobile.IM but never got inquiry to date!
We can sell Mobile.IM and Mob.IM both together ;)

haha or Mobile and Call ;)

•••
I even found that my domain Social.IM is listed in Yahoo Directory http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/Software/Internet/Instant_Messaging/?b=20 (I think it cost $299 p/year for single listing).

Also it has over 7,500 quality back links - https://www.google.com/search?q=inurl:social.im&hl=en&cat=gwd/Top

I am getting some good response from end users to whom I am contacting but just wanted to get an idea from you guys what's the minimum I should ask for...?

Thanks in advance :)
AbdulBasit

•••
I even found that my domain Social.IM is listed in Yahoo Directory http://dir.yahoo.com/Computers_and_Internet/Software/Internet/Instant_Messaging/?b=20 (I think it cost $299 p/year for single listing).

Also it has over 7,500 quality back links - https://www.google.com/search?q=inurl:social.im&hl=en&cat=gwd/Top

I am getting some good response from end users to whom I am contacting but just wanted to get an idea from you guys what's the minimum I should ask for...?

Thanks in advance :)
AbdulBasit

Low $x,xxx seems like a fair starting point ;)

PS: does it get traffic?

•••
Thanks for your suggestion the_poet :)

Yeah, it receives 20-25 unique visitors p/day. (Most of them comes through referral sites like TechCrunch, Mashable and more.)

•••
@abdul

As i said, wouldnt let it go for less than 2k, prob more.

btw, any suggestion(min price) for my air.im ? how much the air costs in IM :)

•••
Thanks STP :) So if I take your and the_poet's suggestion I must take minimum low four figures... That's good :)

I think you can fetch 1.5k max from end user for Air.IM

•••
Guys any suggestions on my domain
answer.im

•••
social.com sold for some $2.4mm or so. soci.al sold for $50k.

social.im with the internet messaging usage would easily be worth $5k imho.

Congrats Abdul, some good catches off late!

•••
Thanks mwdz :)

That's what I was thinking too. I have written to several companies and received offers in low four figures. I expect to set new highest sale in .IM ;)

By the way, I can see Soci.al is not opening and unable to find the contact info through whois. Is there any other way to contact the owner of this domain?

•••
Already sent you a PM abdul with the thread on NP.

GL with yourname!

•••
Just regged Invention.IM.

Sold for $250 in 2009 on sedo (source : dnsaleprice)

Last edited:
•••
•••
That's nice grab. I didn't knew it was available ;)

•••
Just regged :

BreakingNews.IM

•••
•••
my evil(.)im gone via Sedo :( i liked it...

•••
Offers turned down by us on sedo:

resume.im $450
romance.im $400
pen.im $500

What do you think?

Last edited:
•••
I don't these offers are bad because demand for .im domains must be low. Unless you get repeat offers for the same domains.
But I could be missing something.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back