.IM Discussion

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
Watch
Impact
16,291
I have seen quite a few registered lately, has anyone got any comments on these names. What if there was a good keyword name, is it worth grabbing.


I believe its the Isle Of Man, but are people possibly going to use the "Instant Messaging" acronym for these domains??


Thanks for any advice??
 
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Is there any good place to sell .IM domain ? Endusers ?
 
0
•••
Difficult to sell .IM domains so keep your focus on high quality keywords.
 
0
•••
1
•••
Did you see this on page 1 of this thread?

hotels.im ---- $2082 - 24/07/2008 - sedo.com

Yeah, I have seen it. Also mobile.IM which was sold for $7k. Later dropped and I grabbed it ;)
 
0
•••
Did you see this on page 1 of this thread?

hotels.im ---- $2082 - 24/07/2008 - sedo.com
Past sales have nothing to do with the future bro! Hence dropped and regged for $10 6 years later.
 
0
•••
It's true, the odds that the sale will repeat are very slim. Especially in an 'exotic' extension.
 
0
•••
*

I was working on a banner for my personal home page (which needs serious overhauling and updating), and I discovered that profile.im (a masked redirect to the home page JenniferHome.com) had 829 hits this week.

Better traffic than some .coms I have.

I'm going to keep an eye on it -- it could be an aberration.

If the traffic looks steady, I'm going to create a better place to redirect it, like a sales page for my books.

*
 
0
•••
*

I was working on a banner for my personal home page (which needs serious overhauling and updating), and I discovered that profile.im (a masked redirect to the home page JenniferHome.com) had 829 hits this week.

Better traffic than some .coms I have.

I'm going to keep an eye on it -- it could be an aberration.

If the traffic looks steady, I'm going to create a better place to redirect it, like a sales page for my books.

*

*

I was right.

Two days ago, I switched the redirect to a new (more useful) page, and the traffic has switched to the new page -- 152 clicks so far, which is amazing for one page, a new one at that, and a .im.

I don't know if it's the right kind of traffic for selling my books, but it's been an interesting experiment. I definitely plan to hang on to it.

It certainly suggests that not all .im domains are equal. It also helps that "Profile im" is a high traffic term on its own (over 1,500,000 with "", over 1,500,000,000 without).

If this converts to more book sales, then I'll do a happy dance. If not, well, nothing lost.


*
 
0
•••
mayb.im
 
0
•••
Germany.IM
Realtor.IM
 
1
•••
1
•••
Attention Realtor is TM.
 
1
•••
Just got Virtual.im
 
0
•••
I have: drones.im
 
1
•••
Available 3 letter:

asp.im
sue.im
jug.im
exy.im
dux.im
ump.im
emo.im
hon.im
vom.im
urd.im
pox.im
ria.im
ahi.im
ghi.im
fug.im
rog.im
cay.im
hew.im
rib.im
bod.im
vol.im
ope.im
dah.im
afa.im
cks.im
ugh.im
tug.im
fud.im
wem.im
elm.im
coy.im
nid.im
vex.im
lox.im
bov.im
deg.im
nth.im
dau.im
gat.im
qat.im
tav.im
kaf.im
vau.im
waw.im
vav.im
bac.im
esh.im
pta.im
kop.im
pry.im
rag.im
neb.im
hie.im
woe.im
tog.im
rut.im
poi.im
oft.im
oaf.im
nob.im
nib.im
lye.im
gyp.im
fro.im
dun.im
dor.im
cud.im
cox.im
bey.im
wry.im
haw.im
lav.im
sov.im
wif.im
hir.im
eke.im
teh.im
tey.im
wey.im
pus.im
ill.im
fig.im
vum.im
dzo.im
awl.im
tia.im
aye.im
awn.im
yew.im
azo.im
ode.im
olf.im
omy.im
yob.im
ire.im
keg.im
nay.im
gib.im
fin.im
ipe.im
hoe.im
roe.im
oca.im
neg.im
zit.im
rub.im
hen.im
baa.im
cob.im
lid.im
wag.im
aal.im
lug.im
jaw.im
caw.im
dis.im
eel.im
ply.im
wok.im
dal.im
had.im
hid.im
oar.im
sew.im
sic.im
sot.im
bap.im
nut.im
yon.im
ile.im
jib.im
fop.im
hic.im
 
0
•••
There is a .im domain name for sale on Flippa (not mine).
Link
I am interested if there will be a successful sale!
 
2
•••
I wonder why people are registering some .io's at $100/each when a .im is 10 times cheaper..
 
0
•••
Maybe there is some kind of speculation...
 
1
•••
Got StartPage.im, sold some time ago Happy . im for 325€ and btw, im.im (not mine) is at 1,750$ on Flippa.
 
2
•••
Somebody have used the Buy it Now button for Im.Im
Sold by Buy It Now
$13,997
link
 
1
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

More data. Your data. See what is new
Major update
We have made a number of features available to provide sellers more data for their domains and inquiries, and greater access to the data...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back