NameSilo

.IM Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have seen quite a few registered lately, has anyone got any comments on these names. What if there was a good keyword name, is it worth grabbing.

I believe its the Isle Of Man, but are people possibly going to use the "Instant Messaging" acronym for these domains??

Thanks for any advice??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Officially joined the club with my first .IM - WebDesign.IM

Open to your opinions :)

I prefer single word domains in .IM
However, there are many web designing companies and one might be willing to buy at high $xxx or low $xxx.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 PM ----------

Last week sold Help dot IM $800

•••
•••
-
-
-
...Italiano.im...
-
-
-​

•••
from the weekly sedo sales

cloud.im 2,000 USD

Last edited:
•••
I just bought Alcoholic.im and Conference.im, the second 1 I prefer. It could be conference instant messaging or conference internet marketing.

•••
I just bought Alcoholic.im and Conference.im, the second 1 I prefer. It could be conference instant messaging or conference internet marketing.

If you bought for development purpose than it's good. But for selling to an end user will be difficult IMO...

•••
•••
Just picked up T.IM

That's a nice domain. I think you end up paying US$1,000 right? Also are you aware the renewal fee is same as well. What's your plan for this domain??

•••
Hopefully my friend and myself with develop it into a social media travel site.

Time will tell.

I want to see how many hits it attracts from sedo for the first month, just to gauge interest etc.

Big gamble I know.

Heres hoping (£1200 renewal I am afraid) ouch

•••
Hopefully my friend and myself with develop it into a social media travel site.

Time will tell.

I want to see how many hits it attracts from sedo for the first month, just to gauge interest etc.

Big gamble I know.

Heres hoping (£1200 renewal I am afraid) ouch

Best of luck with your new venture. Hopes for the best. The only problem in buying single/double letter .IM domains are their higher reg/renewal fee!

•••
•••
Received what I thought was gonna be a offer for LOL via bodis today,

There was no offer only the guy said "No idea why this is even associated with me"

I have no idea what that means, I emailed him back and said make a offer :lol:

This name earns well though via bodis, wonder if would get more $$ via voodoo though.

•••
Received what I thought was gonna be a offer for LOL via bodis today,

There was no offer only the guy said "No idea why this is even associated with me"

I have no idea what that means, I emailed him back and said make a offer :lol:

This name earns well though via bodis, wonder if would get more $$ via voodoo though.

I have tried both Bodis/Voodoo and now InternetTraffic which is so far the best platform. I would suggest you to give it a try :)

•••
I grabbed my first .co.im and a huge one, arguably the best keyword you can think of for a domain: domain.co.im :)

•••
@ the_poet

Really nice keyword but with .co.im if your purpose is to resell than I think will be difficult. Are you going to develop this name?

•••
@ the_poet

Really nice keyword but with .co.im if your purpose is to resell than I think will be difficult. Are you going to develop this name?

Thanks, Abdul. I think I'll use it as a showcase for my portfolio, it doesn't get any better for that purpose. But of course I'm open to offers if anyone is interested.

PS: which one do you like best between domain and domains?

•••
It depends but I prefer domain.

•••
Id stay away from co.im personally.

Recent $100 offer for pizza(.)im

Too low. Need mid xxx or better IMO for this one.

•••
@lll

That's too low offer. It's worth at least high $xxx to an end-user.

•••
rahul.im

got rahul.im
dont know how its worth. just registered :P

•••
got rahul.im
dont know how its worth. just registered :P

Depends on what purpose you bought for. If you are going to develop than it's fine. If you think can sell than it's really difficult but not impossible :)

•••
Depends on what purpose you bought for. If you are going to develop than it's fine. If you think can sell than it's really difficult but not impossible :)
for personal use.

i guess no value before developing it.

•••
@ ravesh

That's good. Best of luck in developing this name :)

•••
I own Water

Not sure what to expect, but I believe it is a good name. Any thoughts?

•••
I own Water

Not sure what to expect, but I believe it is a good name. Any thoughts?

there are several companies in Isle of Man that are into "water" business (purifying, delivery etc).

if neither of them want the name at low-mid $xxx (they may prefer .co.im or just dont care because of their market size to even have a website) the sale would be problematic even for $5-10 on NP imho - the keyword is not anywhere close to premiums that are sellable in .im to non-IM end-users

..for a quick example none of IM whiskey distilleries/traders (there's a couple) bothered to reply to my emails on Whisky.im i own. but contrary to "Water" it has chances to attract buyers from elsewhere beyond IM

my 2 cents

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back