IT.COM

.IM Discussion

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I have seen quite a few registered lately, has anyone got any comments on these names. What if there was a good keyword name, is it worth grabbing.

I believe its the Isle Of Man, but are people possibly going to use the "Instant Messaging" acronym for these domains??

Thanks for any advice??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Offers turned down by us on sedo:

resume.im $450
romance.im $400
pen.im $500

What do you think?

I would have asked for high 3 figures for resume and romance and for Pen in 4 figures.

I just registered Flower.IM

•••
•••
Commercial.IM

'Commercial Instant Messaging'

•••
horoscopes.im

what do you guys think?

Last edited:
•••
Got macau.im in this craze. Macau.com sold for $500,000, figured, this will be worth a few dimes. :hehe:

•••
Reg'ed bro.im today.

I will use it for a url shortener for a blog I'm developing unless by some chance I get a knock out offer.

•••
nature.im / ecology.im

Registered and ready to sell...

•••
edited....

Last edited:
•••
Just grabbed medication.im after not registering anything for a while... Felt good to hand register a decent one.

•••
I grabbed a few more

(trendy.im
flying.im
maria.im
susan.im)

but before I take more I'm asking myself if it's not better to wait what will happen with the new domains coming. I think .com will remain strong, but the secondary ones like .im may loose interest instead. :(

•••
but before I take more I'm asking myself if it's not better to wait what will happen with the new domains coming. I think .com will remain strong, but the secondary ones like .im may loose interest instead. :(

Ive been asking myself the exact same question.. I see tons I would like to register but unsure about future value because of all the new tld's coming out. :(

•••
Don't register 'tons' of .im, get the best keywords you can, not all ccTLDs are created equal.

Good keywords in two letter cctlds will have more significance than new tlds for a while, basically because new tlds can't be less than 3 letters and the fact that search engines will take more than a while to even start indexing sites based on them.

And if you think you would be able to hand reg domains in new tlds that match the quality people have been getting in .im, you're mistaken, most of these will be cleaned out by the time the extensions are freely available.

•••
Hi all,

First post here but have been watching this thread closely!

Got djs . im for a project that I'm thinking about starting.

Seen some great registrations in the thread! Best of luck everyone! I'll let you know if I register any more!

Sam

•••
I'm always looking for SUPER PREMIUM .im domains

If anyone has any 4cheap let me know :)

•••
got rid of most of my .im domains. left with 3 in total. gonna keep 2 for sure. wtf.im and ddos.im getting some nice unique visitors since i got them public with afraid.org and ppl are adding vhosts/subs.

all in all, .im is nothing to be invested in. i regged like 20 and sold only one for low $xxx and rest for 10bucks bin.

.im is nice if ure looking for a free domain name that is taken in most other popular extension and develop it. i also like that it can be a domain hack in various languages. but other than that no chance for a nice profit and not even remotely close to any other popular ccTLD.

(im not hating .im i actually like it, but just stating the obvious:) and yes i am aware of the hand full of mid x,xxx sales, but that just proves my point :D)

•••
Yes there is limited market for .im domains right now,
but with the low reg and renewal fee and the availability of the KILLER keyword domains,
it is not a problem for me to invest on some (approx. 25) I have such as:

REMOVED

etc etc

;)

Last edited:
•••
yup, definitely no big issues with renewal costs. but id recommend against a x,xxx ranged purchase in the hope of reselling it.

•••
yup, definitely no big issues with renewal costs. but id recommend against a x,xxx ranged purchase in the hope of reselling it.
This is true!

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:37 PM ----------

This is true!

unless in the case of sex.im , poker.im, seo.im etc... ;)

•••
Keeping my one .im for development unless a huge offer came in, which I don't see happening! It's a great extension though!

•••
Picked up from drop:

Furniture

•••
baccarat.im

Not sure If I should have though...

•••
Furniture is a great pick.

As is baccarat.

Congrats!

•••
Picked up from the drop:

Hollywood

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back