IT.COM

strategy How to Find Potential End Users?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,

Do any of you has regularly sell your domain to end users? If so, do you mind share with me in this thread on how find potential end users for your domain?

Regards,
Sjarief

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yeah, old school method, google the companies name of the manager and direct call. More personal, however most of the time you will get a receptionist that will only take a message.

•••
I like to sell my name CarDonationForVeterans (.) com
I found some charity websites and couldn't find their email ids due to whois protect.

Is there any good method to contact them or can you guide me?

•••
Thanks, but I found many CEOs emails so will try to offer it for sale. In the same niche I sold two words .info for $500 to CEO. He offered me $2000 at first, but next day he wasnt interested anymore as he bought other domain, so I managed to get $500 from him.

Any other opinion and experience with selling two word .biz to end-users?

•••
You did well to sell a .info for 500. It would have been out of this world if you got the intial offer of 2k - if you sell the .biz for any good amount plz put it on board here.

BTW, you may be better off discussing it on the .biz thread.

•••
I asked here because in .biz thread are mostly .biz lovers :) I hope to hear more realistic answers about .biz, and true experiences.

I started sending e-mails, will report if I sell for $500+. But I put some effort in this and searched for email addresses last few days so would not be happy with less.

I dont prefer .biz either, but this keyword combination is in the name of websites and tags of my potential end-users so I hope it could work.

•••
I like to sell my name CarDonationForVeterans (.) com
I found some charity websites and couldn't find their email ids due to whois protect.

Is there any good method to contact them or can you guide me?

Isnt the point of charities to donate or give to and not to extract money from?

•••
what do you do when you search the keyword of the site on google and there's not many end users you can really find?

my keyword has 320 exact match searches and there's not too many people i feel i can email from the first couple of pages on google.

Also, is a domain name still worth anything when the first few pages of the keyword are DOMINATED by big official sites?

•••
@Foze
Try other search engines like Altavista,Yahoo,Bing etc.
Believe it or not but some potential enduser's rank well on these search engines but are hard to find on Google ;)

•••
Foxe

It isn't just about search volume -- a more useful metric is the AdWords daily cost estimate for that term, and for related search terms. Some terms have massive search volume but low costs to advertise; others have low volume and huge costs. While the sun doesn't rise and set on AdWords, it is important to bear in mind that those companies who advertise on a given term are generally in that business, or in the business of managing PPC campaigns, or both. They have a budget, a range of related terms from which to choose to focus their efforts and allocate their resources, and their bidding actions directly drive up the price of a given term. So when you find a term that has a high daily cost estimate (vs. cost-per-click or clicks-per-day) you can be assured that this is a "money term" regardless of overall search volume.

Frank

•••
Foxe

It isn't just about search volume -- a more useful metric is the AdWords daily cost estimate for that term, and for related search terms. Some terms have massive search volume but low costs to advertise; others have low volume and huge costs. While the sun doesn't rise and set on AdWords, it is important to bear in mind that those companies who advertise on a given term are generally in that business, or in the business of managing PPC campaigns, or both. They have a budget, a range of related terms from which to choose to focus their efforts and allocate their resources, and their bidding actions directly drive up the price of a given term. So when you find a term that has a high daily cost estimate (vs. cost-per-click or clicks-per-day) you can be assured that this is a "money term" regardless of overall search volume.

Frank

Thanks, this is great advice. I've been focused on search - but those sorts of names haven't been selling. I only seem to sell my brandables. I will overlay CPC cost now and reprice (or drop) those sorts of names in my portfolio.

Appreciate the advice!
Shane

•••
i keep getting " how much" replies then later saying not interested. Ive sold a few this month but for the buyers that are skeptical im having trouble convincing them how they would benefit from a domain with no page rank it seems. Theyre decent names imo

•••
PR is completely meaningless to probably 90% or more of people out there. Most have no idea how it is calculated, what it means, how much it is weighted in actual SERp ranking etc. (and this includes the majority of people pushing PR as a sales benefit.) I'd say ignore that and look at what you are doing to demonstrate the value of the domains? No buyer cares what your opinion is. How does the domain actually stack up in terms of search volume, AdWords daily cost for the term, character length, TLD, pronounceability, memorability etc. in the context of being compared to what they have now?

Also, how are you finding your prospects? The fact that you get responses at all suggests that you may be getting some decent prospects, but if you're pitching mainly other domainers (who will tend to jump right to price) you're wasting your time.

Frank

•••
PR is completely meaningless to probably 90% or more of people out there. Most have no idea how it is calculated, what it means, how much it is weighted in actual SERp ranking etc. (and this includes the majority of people pushing PR as a sales benefit.) I'd say ignore that and look at what you are doing to demonstrate the value of the domains? No buyer cares what your opinion is. How does the domain actually stack up in terms of search volume, AdWords daily cost for the term, character length, TLD, pronounceability, memorability etc. in the context of being compared to what they have now?

Also, how are you finding your prospects? The fact that you get responses at all suggests that you may be getting some decent prospects, but if you're pitching mainly other domainers (who will tend to jump right to price) you're wasting your time.

Frank
sorry meant to say backlinks not PR and no "traffic value" according to one enduser. Finding all of them on google, yahoo manta ect
not pitching to domainers. I only have 1 .net the rest .coms

recently ive sold 2/4 expired domains ive bought and 1/7 hand regs.. guess i should take the hint and stop hand regging

•••

Frank

Well structured thinking as usual Frank.

I would however add talking with caution about search volume because in google it seems to be a mere indicator with lack of adherence to reality.

regards,
tonecas

•••
This has been a really helpful section for domainers. I have learned a lot and was able to sell many domains using the methods in this section.

I just have one question. I have sent thousands of email through my domaining career and had only two complaints from contacted end users that my emails were spam. The first one resulted in loosing my domain from Godaddy and the other complaint was through Hostagtor which prohibited me from sending any more similar emails through their server.

The question is what email do you use to contact these end users and not getting banned? Do you use free email services like gmail, yahoo etc?.

Please help me as I am having trouble right now contacting these end users.

Thanks

•••
This has been a really helpful section for domainers. I have learned a lot and was able to sell many domains using the methods in this section.

I just have one question. I have sent thousands of email through my domaining career and had only two complaints from contacted end users that my emails were spam. The first one resulted in loosing my domain from Godaddy and the other complaint was through Hostagtor which prohibited me from sending any more similar emails through their server.

The question is what email do you use to contact these end users and not getting banned? Do you use free email services like gmail, yahoo etc?.

Please help me as I am having trouble right now contacting these end users.

Thanks

1. Create a company name for yourself
2. Then reg that domain
3. Find a webhost
4. Then create a website or just a webpage with your company name
4. Signup with LuxSci and use their email IP's so you have a clean IP that is not on any blacklist
5. Create your own email address ie: Contact@yourdomain com and use Firefox Thunderbird for an email client.

Good luck :)

•••
posted by tonecas:
Well structured thinking as usual Frank.

Thank you!

I would however add talking with caution about search volume because in google it seems to be a mere indicator with lack of adherence to reality.

I'm not entirely clear what you mean here. Google's kw search data certainly has its shortcomings, but it is a broad-based metric -- any similar type of broad user behaviour data is going to have issues from time to time.

Of course, as I have said many times, search volume alone is not a sufficient value builder for a domain. However, it should be borne in mind that unlike PR, AdWords daily budgets, trend analysis, etc. the simple number represented by search volume is extremely easy for anyone to understand.

When I talk about search volume with prospects, I don't even get into broad vs. exact, global vs. local etc. I use the lowest verifiable number that is good enough to be used as a selling point, and if they have any questions they want to ask me, I usually point them away from our discussion to a third party site like Wikipedia, Google, etc. that has a page which answers their question if they want to learn about it.

If for no other reason that it's a verifiable figure that any idiot can understand, search volume is at least worth keeping in your FAB list (Features, Advantages, Benefits) when trying to demonstrate the value of your domain.

Frank

•••
what i mean with the search volume thing is that it is bogus. many times they seem simple throw away numbers by google. it is not only the fact the same numbers repeat over and over again (220k, 180k, 720, 2600,...) across different keywords. it is the lack of support in reality for those numbers. i had some domains ranking in the first positions of google and I have never came close to the numbers they suggest for traffic and the rule of thumb share that I would be supposedly having. far, far away. these numbers should be believable and real - after all they came from google itself. none-withstanding, marketeers, domainers and other people seem to believe in them. like the over-hyped PR thing. what many prospective buyers are interested in is what kind of traffic the domain you are selling is *actually* getting and they look at what they are *actually* spending on their advertising. many times they don't even bother with the traffic you are actually getting less what is the search volume for the keywords.

regards,
tonecas

•••
Thanks for this information. You were really helpful with your post.

1. Create a company name for yourself
2. Then reg that domain
3. Find a webhost
4. Then create a website or just a webpage with your company name
4. Signup with LuxSci and use their email IP's so you have a clean IP that is not on any blacklist
5. Create your own email address ie: Contact@yourdomain com and use Firefox Thunderbird for an email client.

Good luck :)

•••
what do you think about buying names with zero results on google ad word. I know thats not the end all be all but when reasoning my price i usually say the google stats. I feel like i wouldnt have much to say except for "this name is easy to remember"

•••
what do you think about buying names with zero results on google ad word. I know thats not the end all be all but when reasoning my price i usually say the google stats. I feel like i wouldnt have much to say except for "this name is easy to remember"

domain names speak for themselves, that's my moto. why do you have to explain yourself (too much) when selling a domain to someone that showed interest in it? brandable names are very good to sell as they attract the best buyers. no need for stats.

regards,
tonecas

•••
domain names speak for themselves, that's my moto. why do you have to explain yourself (too much) when selling a domain to someone that showed interest in it? brandable names are very good to sell as they attract the best buyers. no need for stats.

regards,
tonecas

that makes sense but im talking about a name like newyorkfishing.com for example.. if that name has 0 google stats and 3+ drops would it make any sense to buy it

•••
i like it. you like it too. if someone else likes it too maybe it will be a end-user. and an end-user who likes a name will pay for it a good ROI. just don't think of big sums or getting rich. one play at a time. google stats are overated imho. the best info is CPC and competition. and even these don't count nothing on a bandable name.

regards,
tonecas

•••
Anyone here that is knowledgeable in selling keyword domains to endusers that won't mind reading a response I plan on using and helping me make it a bit better? Please Pm me.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
I have had some luck lately e-mailing end users, let me know if I can help
[email protected]

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back