Hand Registration Contest February 2019 DOT COM only

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Want2learn

Top Member
Impact
I have an idea! Who wants to have a contest and see who can make the best hand registration during the month of February? You have to create it during the month of February. As long as it says created 2/2019 it could have been a name born before that died and lost its age. Let me be clear, for my February contest the name has to be a new hand reg.
Any sponsors in the house? @namesilo @Epik.com @toughdomains @NameJetGM @name.com

Here are the rules of this DOT COM HAND REG FEBRUARY 2019 contest:
1. Hand registration during the month of February 2019
2. You may submit up to 3 domain names.
3. Each name must have its OWN reply, so if you want to submit 3 names, submit three replies
4. I am excluding myself from entering the contest since I am the judge!
5. I will narrow down to 3 names, and pick the winner.

What do you win?
Number one, props and clout here at Namepros.
I will personally pay up to $10 to add an extra year on the domain. That means dot com only for this contest.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I like the idea, I'm in.

About voting, I suggest creating a poll so that everyone can participate. This will at least guarantee the satisfaction of each contender, But if you will be the only decision maker, I'm quite sure that not everyone will be happy.

I myself don't like your hand regs ( I know you are not entering the contest ) But it gives me an idea of what you are going to choose.

I appreciate the feedback. And I can understand you may not like my hand regs. The reality is there are a lot of subjective personal preferences that will go into the names people register. And sure some will utilize data to form their names.

The other thing is this, and I hate to sound like a prick because you are correct, there is a lot of good feedback. Seriously! As of now I plan to do this again in March and that contest will have some of the changes suggested in this thread. It is also my contest right? Anyone else is free to run their own as they choose to.
I do like several suggestions. One last thought, I am an end user in a sense as well, and so your name may speak to me for one industry but not another. Anyways much love for all the feedback.

•••
@Want2learn

So are you starting a new thread for this? Or should we submit our domains in this thread or to you via PM?

Last edited:
•••
I would be willing to coordinate a community vote based competition on a separate thread.

@Want2learn, would you be opposed to that?
No way!! Go for it. No one can corner the market on creativity, not even me:)

•••
Just my opinion,

Let this be the thread it was intended to be.
Let this be the thread of @Want2learn
As it's his idea, let him do it on his terms for February.

If other members have any better ideas they are welcomed to create a separate thread/contest in March.

Let's not clutter this thread.
Let the ball rolling. Let the contest go on.
Let's not take the fun out of it.

Just watch this experiment for a month.

Let's just see how it goes and leave making the conclusions and creating a better contest for the next month.

•••
Remember this is dot com only.
Remember to submit each domain you enter in its own posted reply. Around the middle of the month I am going to begin grouping the domains to get em ready to be judged.
I’ll post the names by order of correct submission. That way everyone can see the names under consideration. Maybe someone will opine in the thread about what names they like and for what reasons!! Who knows maybe free flowing ideas, debates, discussions, and respect will end up influencing my decision so that it feels like my decision, but isn’t too off the mark for a solid name!! 😎

•••
Refreshened[.]com

A dictionary word meaning: "Made fresh again; refreshed".

•••
Third and Last entry;
DeluxeHerb.com

•••
My second entry:

1_Primary_logo_on_transparent_369x63 - Edited.png

•••
Congrats to the winner! Interesting domain for sure!

•••
Congrats to the winner!

These type of contests beg for a panel of judges. One person judging this many domains is not a recipe for continued success. A panel or community of judges would make all participants feel more comfortable with the process. More could be gained by the panel explaining their final decision as well....I say this as a suggestion with no disrespect to this contest.

Yeah. Namepros could start something like this. Initial entries could have likes. Then take the top (whatever, 5,10) domains that get likes, put them in a poll for everybody to vote on. One of the prizes could come from Namepros, Upgraded account, free advertising (I won one of those before) etc. plus prizes from whoever else wants to contribute.

•••
@Want2learn thank you for this fun contest, and for all the work you put into it :xf.smile:

@ecomslice congratulations on your win!(y)

@everyone else nice submissions, best of luck with your new names:xf.wink:

•••
Count me in,

Let the game started

•••
Im excited about the contest! You should take a look at an article I just wrote. First draft though, so let's excuse any grammatical or spelling errors. I hope you all like it!

•••
•••
•••
•••
I'm just going to take the easy way out and submit mine from February last year :xf.grin:

•••
Cool idea. Although community based voting wud be better. Also there needs to be two threads. One for submissions only and one for discussion.

Last edited:
•••
Great idea! Namepros staff should hold this type of contests on a regular basis as it adds a bit more interaction and fun!

•••
It's a good idea. Thank you for the vision to start it @Want2lear!. I'm in!

Maybe if the idea takes off we will see it extended to other extensions but .com is a good place to start.

I agree it would be great if we could get one or more of the registrars commonly used by NPs members involved so that if the winner domain was registered at that registrar they provide the renewal prize.

Bob

•••
5. I will narrow down to 3 names, and pick the winner..

Would be better to have everyone who submits a name vote, you can't vote for yourself.

Last edited:
•••
The rules of the contest have not changed. I will select the winner.

•••
•••
Agrico[]Solutions[]com - " Proactive Company For Agriculture Solutions "

I would like to add 20 to the Winner , paypal. so be sure to message me winner !!

AgricoSolutionsSM.png

Last edited:
•••
ffotus-logo.png

ffotus.com

Pretty cool. Good potential for traffic. Google it.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back