Hand Registration Contest February 2019 DOT COM only

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Want2learn

Top Member
Impact
I have an idea! Who wants to have a contest and see who can make the best hand registration during the month of February? You have to create it during the month of February. As long as it says created 2/2019 it could have been a name born before that died and lost its age. Let me be clear, for my February contest the name has to be a new hand reg.
Any sponsors in the house? @namesilo @Epik.com @toughdomains @NameJetGM @name.com

Here are the rules of this DOT COM HAND REG FEBRUARY 2019 contest:
1. Hand registration during the month of February 2019
2. You may submit up to 3 domain names.
3. Each name must have its OWN reply, so if you want to submit 3 names, submit three replies
4. I am excluding myself from entering the contest since I am the judge!
5. I will narrow down to 3 names, and pick the winner.

What do you win?
Number one, props and clout here at Namepros.
I will personally pay up to $10 to add an extra year on the domain. That means dot com only for this contest.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm in.

Perhaps the choice of winner could be made by popular vote of all NP members?

•••
I wud pay $50 to the domain owner whose domain would get maximum likes from the NP community members.

Please submit your domains to this thread directly.

Last edited:
•••
@Want2learn Name.com will throw in $100 in account credit to the winner.

•••
SAVE_20190205_104353.jpeg
Here's my entry:
GoodGawd.com :)
Regged today

Last edited:
•••
Probably need a better selection process in the future...

Brandable + “Solutions” on the end was the best of all those hand regs?

I only looked through a couple but I know LightClient.com is 100% better than the chosen winner... Just saying.

Last edited:
•••
Out of respect for the idea man, he should definitely have his say for his contest. But I certainly see the other side of the coin, both with the panel of judges as well as everyone voting. The contest could simply have multiple awards each month:

1) Contest Winner (awarded by Want2learn)
2) Judge's Choice (awarded by a pro panel)
3) Forum Favorite (awarded by votes)

That gives more people a chance and everyone will be happy.

•••
•••
Props to @Want2learn for a great idea!

L i g h t C l i e n t . c o m

Reg'd 2/4/2019

Light clients, also known as Simple Payment Verification (SPV) clients, are nodes which only download a small portion of the data in a blockchain, and use indirect means to verify that a given chain is valid.

•••
I have an idea! Who wants to have a contest and see who can make the best hand registration during the month of February? You have to create it during the month of February. As long as it says created 2/2019 it could have been a name born before that died and lost its age. Let me be clear, for my February contest the name has to be a new hand reg.
Any sponsors in the house? @namesilo @Epik.com @toughdomains @NameJetGM

Here are the rules of this DOT COM HAND REG FEBRUARY 2019 contest:
1. Hand registration during the month of February 2019
2. You may submit up to 3 domain names.
3. Each name must have its OWN reply, so if you want to submit 3 names, submit three replies
4. I am excluding myself from entering the contest since I am the judge!
5. I will narrow down to 3 names, and pick the winner.

What do you win?
Number one, props and clout here at Namepros.
I will personally pay up to $10 to add an extra year on the domain. That means dot com only for this contest.
Name.com is in for a hundred bucks credit.

•••
I like the idea, I'm in.

About voting, I suggest creating a poll so that everyone can participate. This will at least guarantee the satisfaction of each contender, But if you will be the only decision maker, I'm quite sure that not everyone will be happy.

I myself don't like your hand regs ( I know you are not entering the contest ) But it gives me an idea of what you are going to choose.

•••
•••
•••
Really cool idea. Let the games begin!

•••
•••
@Want2learn Name.com will throw in $100 in account credit to the winner.

How incredibly generous @Jared Ewy on behalf of Name.com! I am sure that @Want2learn will be excited about your sponsorship of the contest that he devised and has organized and that has got lots of participation from NPs members.

It is great to see companies step up in supporting initiatives that make the domain community more vibrant.

Bob

•••
Congrats to the winner!

These type of contests beg for a panel of judges. One person judging this many domains is not a recipe for continued success. A panel or community of judges would make all participants feel more comfortable with the process. More could be gained by the panel explaining their final decision as well....I say this as a suggestion with no disrespect to this contest.

•••
I’m not entering a name! I am able to be impartial! I do like the ideas mentioned though. I think what I would do next time is have a vote and have that count 25% I think we could find a three member panel to judge as well their vote would be 50% I would be a 25% vote in my own contests, which I’m not entering a name in.

This contest is an awesome idea!

On the judging side, I have to agree with many here. It needs more judges. The more the better. There are so many different views on what makes a good domain and by having more judges those views can be better utilized. Please take the suggestion to heart, because I do believe it is key to the success of the auction.

Again, great idea! Looking forward to it!

•••
I wud pay $50 to the domain owner whose domain would get maximum likes from the NP community members.

Please submit your domains to this thread directly.
I would be willing to coordinate a community vote based competition on a separate thread.

@Want2learn, would you be opposed to that?

•••
•••
This is a bit tougher than I thought. There have been some really nice names submitted. It is awesome seeing the creativity and maybe even niches you all have carved out.

Well I am ready to announce my final 3! Ill then sleep on it, and let everyone know what I decided!!!

AgriCoSolutions com
BikesAbout com
XrDiagnostics com

Sorry to mess things up at the last moment but after thinking about the ethics of seeking sponsorships via Twitter this week for the contest, and one of the registrars I tagged, Name.com kindly provided the $100 support for the contest, I think that it is best if I do not potentially benefit from this, at least this month. Therefore I would request that you withdraw my one submission, BikesAbout.com, and replace it with another worthy entry from the final list.

I would, on behalf of all of us, like to thank you for organizing the contest, @Want2learn. There have been many many wonderful entries, just showing that hand regging is alive and well. I think we all learned from the thread and contest.

It is your contest and totally up to you, but my personal opinion is that you should, assuming that Name.com are OK with it, not give the whole amount this month, but split it up say $20 per prize over 5 months, or something like that. Loads of people took part when they thought that it was only $10 prize so I think it is mainly not the money.

Finally, just wanted to thank once more @Jared Ewy and Name.com for the sponsorship of the contest. It is very generous and shows your company is interested in supporting grass roots efforts of domainers.

Thanks everyone!

Bob

(sorry for not notifying you yesterday when the Name.com sponsorship was announced)

ps Edit: I meant to add that it meant a lot to me that BikesAbout was in the final few. I still love my name,, although when I mentioned it to my wife she thought it was terrible :xf.frown:.Hopefully I will sell it and win the ultimate contest for any hand registration! :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
I think it will be better -regardless of the winning name- to make a poll next time.. NP members will be more satisfied.

congrats to the winner

•••
And yet again the always wise @Silentptnr concisely and clearly said exactly what I was feeling and trying to decide how to say.

Can't we all celebrate that we had a fun contest, that @Want2learn had a great idea, that there were many great entries, without fighting about who should have won. I think a totally reasonable choice for winner was made according to the clear rules and plans for the contest.

Congratulations @ecomslice! You have a great domain name.

Please everyone, let's not turn something wonderful into something unpleasant.

Bob

•••
•••
I'm in. I also think community based voting is better.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back