IT.COM

opinion Every fool can sell a domain name (I sold artshop.io)

NameSilo
Watch

siyavuya

Established Member
Impact
If you ask me how I did it? The answer is I have no idea.
Most people here pointed out that artshop.io is a rubbish domain and I found myself in tears crying.
I didn't want anything to do with it. I wanted it gone.

But, guess what
It gave me my first sell. Now I absolutely love it because it proves to me that it can be done.
I can actually buy and sell domain names.

If I can do it I believe that each and every person can too.

To all the people who shared words of encouragement I really appreciate it.

I know it's going to be a long journey but I know that it's going to be worth it.
The hardest sell to make is always the first one.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Valuations are not easy. Yo have to use various tools, like nambio.com, for history of sales price of similar domains & TLDs, keywords, etc. There are many things to take into account in valuations. But it does come easier with time and experience ...just like anything else.

•••
Yes, it's still a sale. A pro domainer chose it, meaning it has some value apparently. We don't have to make profit from every domain. GL.
I let it go so that I can put the money in a better one. I saw no point in holding on to something everyone said was bad.

•••
Valuations are not easy. Yo have to use various tools, like nambio.com, for history of sales price of similar domains & TLDs, keywords, etc. There are many things to take into account in valuations. But it does come easier with time and experience ...just like anything else.
When it comes to expireddomains.net as they're dropping there is really not enough time to do the research before someone else grabs it. :( time and experience. I wish they came overnight lol

•••
•••
I let it go so that I can put the money in a better one. I saw no point in holding on to something everyone said was bad.

For us newbies, Dot com is wise choice.

•••
BTW: I hope you are not getting into domaining because it is easy money. It's not.

Also, you stated earlier about developing domains and building a list and selling the site + domain + list. That's OK, but realize that this isn't not easy either. In fact, it's a lot of work and there is no guarantee of success because you are at the mercy of Google. SEO is a tough gig unless you really know SEO well, and that takes a long time and it's constantly changing.

If you know 12 languages, you may want to look into selling that skill. Lots of people want their websites translated into other languages. As long as the languages you know are in-demand languages, you can make money that way.

•••
selling a domain with a loss for $25 USD
is nothing to brag about
sale or not sale
its not what you want to achieve at all

your title should be
"Every fool can sell a domain name accepting a loss"

and is misleading in every aspect
you are wasting other people time with such a post

nobody can learn anything from you and your sales history

you made it to my ignore list

•••
I fully agree with master Frank.

we mean no disrespect to the poster as she seems to be a very lovely human being, but after having learned later in the thread that this sale generated negative roi, it then gives a whole new meaning to this not particularly carefully chosen, sarcastic and mocking title... because truly any fool indeed can sell a domain at a negative roi.

I do however hope that after much hard work and learning and many months or years of experience needed in this domaining venture, this lady will be able to generate some profit for herself... and that her attitude will change in time, as I do not believe it is the correct one right now. imo

cheers.

Last edited:
•••
^^^^^

Seriously guys?!?!? Can't you cut a young person that is just starting out in the world - and the world of business - a break???

Not everyone was born with all the business wisdom and savvy that some on this forum were. </sarcasm>

Last edited:
•••
Congrats on the sale. However, in fairness, it is still not a good domain.

Your thread "Is it me or My domain?" received a lot of good responses by forum members.

I appreciate the responses and directness of forum members. I would rather someone tell me what I don't want to hear that is true, than just tell me something I want to hear. You don't learn much that way.

Consistently making sales is based on likelihood of sales. You can't build a business on outliers so you need to stack the odds in your own favor with good domains.

Brad

Thank you DataCube, i am indeed learn something more about domaining business from your several other comments.

•••
is nothing to brag about
sale or not sale

your title should be

tellin it like it is

e8GLWk8.jpg

•••
Thank you. I'm really not looking at it as a loss because there are lessons in it. I learnt to transfer a domain :xf.grin:

Congratulations on your first sale @siyavuya - you've learned many lessons already. One is that you will always find a wide array of opinions here. You can listen to them all and then make your own judgements.

•••
is nothing to brag about
sale or not sale

your title should be

At least she got paid for her domain unlike you.
And here you are judging others for getting paid although at a slight lost.
Better something than nothing as the paid will say.
https://www.namepros.com/threads/sold-by-outbound-no-payment-how-to-react.1061066/

laughing.gif

•••
Congrats on your first sale. This fool (me) can't sell anything lol. 10 months in and not a single offer on 250 domains. But it's not a lack of effort as I have them on Sedo, afternic, undeveloped, also promoting here at namepros, twitter and Facebook. Over 200 outbound too. It's hard work and demoralising but I'm sure that first sale will come at some point.

Might be because you are trying to sell stuff for a profit and not a loss?

Seems the OP is yet to learn anything with all the nonsense in this thread.

•••
OK you might have lost some money but you now have money to buy a decent .com from the closeouts. You might have already had enough money to buy 2 aftermarket names but you can consider the money lost as a course payment.

If I were at your place I would have waited till it was near expiry before I went ahead and tried to liquidate at less than market value.

That said, your title isn't doing the buyer any favours since it is still on the market and whoever is interested in buying the name will see this whole conversation if they google the name. @stub?

•••
•••
BTW: I hope you are not getting into domaining because it is easy money. It's not.

Also, you stated earlier about developing domains and building a list and selling the site + domain + list. That's OK, but realize that this isn't not easy either. In fact, it's a lot of work and there is no guarantee of success because you are at the mercy of Google. SEO is a tough gig unless you really know SEO well, and that takes a long time and it's constantly changing.

If you know 12 languages, you may want to look into selling that skill. Lots of people want their websites translated into other languages. As long as the languages you know are in-demand languages, you can make money that way.
My areas of competence is driving paid traffic and conversions through funnels
Like I stated earlier I have to identify at least 100 people who might benefit from having what ever site I'm building before I even start with it. I believe the odds of selling those site will be better than just a domain. I'm a newbie the chances of being wrong are high.

•••
is nothing to brag about
sale or not sale

your title should be

How do I edit the title to make you happy? I don't see an edit button

•••
I fully agree with master Frank.

we mean no disrespect to the poster as she seems to be a very lovely human being, but after having learned later in the thread that this sale generated negative roi, it then gives a whole new meaning to this not particularly carefully chosen, sarcastic and mocking title... because truly any fool indeed can sell a domain at a negative roi.

I do however hope that after much hard work and learning and many months or years of experience needed in this domaining venture, this lady will be able to generate some profit for herself... and that her attitude will change in time, as I do not believe it is the correct one right now. imo

cheers.
Could you clarify what it is which is wrong with my attitude so that I can work on it

•••
•••
@siyavuya everyone on here wants to teach you how to behave & live your life, they're all geniuses, huge success stories.

Just go give yourself some time, things will get clearer sooner than later.

•••
Could you clarify what it is which is wrong with my attitude so that I can work on it

This is the great attitude that will really help you to make a success of domaining. You have to be willing to learn and take the negative and positive criticism.

Even though to ran at a loss this time, the main thing is to picked a domain that actually sold, which is better than 95% of new domainers (myself included :xf.smile:)

Good luck

•••
How do I edit the title to make you happy? I don't see an edit button

For my amusement, if I assume that this was sarcastic, you are killing it!

•••
•••
I'm being dead serious

I really know you were dead serious. But it feels you were sarcastic. And if I assume it was sarcastic, it would have been a pretty good sarcastic comment.

On a serious note, IMHO new or experienced, sale or no sale, profit or loss, I don't think I would offer to change a title because someone is saying so. My opinion.

BTW I really like the "I want to learn" attitude. You are taking everything in good stride. As @gilescoley and a lot of others have pointed out, YOU HAD A SALE. I think you deserve to jump about it again now.

Still waiting for my first sale......:yawn:

Cheers

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back