Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

frank-germany

domainer since 2001 / musicianTop Member
Impact
I have sold a geo - business domain .com via outbound
offering the name for $379 USD

got a reasponse (18th jan )
"Frank, I am interested in this domain. How do we proceed with the purchase as outlined below?"

I answered:
---
to proceed in purchasing the domain
XXXX.com for $379 USD BIN

please use this link

[modified the domain name - here is the actual payment page ]
http://wffw.com/buynow-paypal-us.php?domain=wffw.com

continue and select the payment methode you like best.

as soon as payment is received
I will send you the auth code

If you have any questions,
please feel free to contact me anytime either by email or phone.

Kind regards
Frank
--

after no reaction
and no payment
I send a second email ( 19th jan )

---

XXX, I have set a fast link for you
to proceed with the purchase of
XXX.com

http://379.paydomain.link

I will send you the AuthCode after payment.

kind regards
Frank

--

he as read both emails timely

( 20th jan )
no reaction and no payment since

Did I make a mistake?
which?

How would you behave?

thanks
Frank

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The domain is still with you, right?

I had buyers who agreed to a price and then continued to delay payment for over a month but finally they paid. You received a reply only 2 days ago I think you should have some patience. Wait a week and then email them again, imo.

•••
I agree with @Haris - now just wait a few days then follow up with another e-mail. You have a verbal agreement for the sale of the domain name, but until the other party pays, there is not much else you can do.

•••
Wait and if no payment until mid next week follow up.

•••
Perhaps they are afraid of a scam. If they seem trustable, offer to transfer the domain first.

•••
Perhaps they are afraid of a scam. If they seem trustable, offer to transfer the domain first.

I would offer dealing with an escrow service explaining to them the benefits, and that we won't receive the payment unless they confirm to escrow that they've received the domain. I will never push a domain before payment because you can't trust anyone on the internet.

•••
It's look like he yet to read the email (sometimes we need to wait even 1 week), or he just changed his mind. But I would try to be patience & will send him another email after 3 to 4 days.

That's all I can do.

PS:- I am not expert in any means it's only my two cents.

•••
be consistent, the payment link should be via paypal.me (verified) or generate PP invoice. The way presented here is not trustable (from the buyer perspective). imo

•••
If he never replies to you, I would say he is 100% afraid of getting scammed. The link you sent him looks shady, and the other link you sent him in the other email looks even shadier (Considering not a lot of people know about .link). You have to understand that people are always afraid of clicking on links in emails from strangers they don't know.

•••
Frank,

Chances are your emails are being marked as spam because of those links in the email body.

You can send a separate email (don't use the reply feature) to send a clean email to your customer asking if he had received your messages.

•••
If you are selling the domain in the link (w/f/f/w) I think you are under selling it. Price should be higher if that is the domain.

If that is the domain, and he doesn't buy it for that price, let me know. :)

•••
If I were you I would add this domain name to GoDaddy premium listing and/or Sedo and send Buy now links to buyer. From his reply it looks like he is motivated to purchase this domain but after your reply on how to proceed to purchase he is not replying anymore even though he read the mails it's pretty sure he is not trusting your links.

A person is more likely to click buy now button from a worldwide reputable sites like GoDaddy / Sedo than an unknown site. You will lose 15%-20% commission this way but leads are also more likely convert to sales. You can always mark up the 15% - 20% commission to buy now price before approaching outbound.

•••
I am using a mail tracker
He opend my mails in a timely manner

•••
Initiate Escrow.com with his email address (He may afraid of scam)

If he didn't reply leave him and move on, if he come again, ask him to pay double the value and tell that market is growing...

Goodluck

•••
be consistent, the payment link should be via paypal.me (verified) or generate PP invoice. The way presented here is not trustable (from the buyer perspective). imo
I agree. I tried it, it's a redirect but many people will not even click it.

•••
This happened to me last 2 times

•••
To be honest, you didn't sell the domain, you just have a potential buyer who is interested in buying your domain.

The problem I see is that you gave him only one option to buy the domain, and as I understand it's smth specific, used mainly by domainers, and not simple internet users. So, without knowing how domains are bought and sold, your buyer got scarred and disappeared. That's a normal reaction for such buyers.

I would recommend you to wait some time and send him another email later offering some easier options like GoDaddy Auctions, Sedo, Escrow. You can also add Paypal, but I'm usually inserting it in the end of the list, as it's the less chosen and less safe payment method.

And one more thing, as I understood, buyers really don't know what to do with a new domain, so I'm always recommending to just push the domain, instead of transferring it to another registrar. If they don't have an account at the registrar where the domain is registered, tell them to open one, it needs only a couple of minutes. But, in the end, buyers are confident that they have the domain.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I had one domain buyer who did not want to use Paypal and we came up with a plan to list the domain on GoDaddy Auctions Premium for the price + 20% - the buyer agreed, domain was listed, then sold in less than an hour. However, I didn't get my money from GoDaddy for about two weeks ... but the buyer trusted GoDaddy and the sale went through.

•••
I had one domain buyer who did not want to use Paypal and we came up with a plan to list the domain on GoDaddy Auctions Premium for the price + 20% - the buyer agreed, domain was listed, then sold in less than an hour. However, I didn't get my money from GoDaddy for about two weeks ... but the buyer trusted GoDaddy and the sale went through.

Yea that's the right way, I also tell buyers that they'll have to pay 20% above the agreed price if they want to use GoDaddy to buy the domain, but no one wants to pay 20% more so they agree to use Escrow.com

•••
Give him options that he may be comfortable with in regards to payment. Use a registrar marketplace as mentioned or offer another option like Sedo or the like.

•••
Just use Escrow, even if they are adamant on you paying the fee. Any deal is better than no deal. (y)

Imo...

•••
Direct paypal links in an email looks pushy and shady.

•••
as soon as payment is received
I will send you the auth code

I think this is where you did wrong and scared the buyer. Since not all buyers are educated, I think that you should have elaborated more on the transfer process like: "as soon as the payment is received by the trusted escrow service, I can transfer the domain to them and they will handle the rest. They will want to take XX% commission which I'm OK with carrying, since it means a faster and safer transaction".

Last edited:
•••
I think this is where you did wrong and scared the buyer. Since not all buyers are educated, I think that you should have elaborated more on the transfer process like: "as soon as the payment is received by the trusted escrow service, I can transfer the domain to them and they will handle the rest. They will want to take XX% commission which I'm OK with carrying, since it means a faster and safer transaction".

You do realize this thread is from January 2018 right?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back