Dynadot

CTR drop seriously

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi All, need your advice/coach

I am with PC for many years, and my average monthly CTR on 37% but starting on 24 June my CTR drop to 22% and today even as low as 15% CTR while this never happen before.

Contacted PC support, as usual everything showing good per response. From my self check, found that most domain now showing irrelevant ad-links which possible cause the CTR drop. Anyone know what cause the ad-links suddenly show irrelevant ads?

Appreciate for your feedback, thanks.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
my ctr dropped from 40% to 9% in one year and this is because of irrelevant ads.

•••
I had a drop in CTR with Bodis, average CTR around 20% and on July 3rd it dropped to 15%. Average daily earnings fell by 25%.
Practically the same problem, showing completely irrelevant ads.

Last edited:
•••
- Irrilevant ads
- GDPR popups
- G urls delisting

•••
Hi All, need your advice/coach

I am with PC for many years, and my average monthly CTR on 37% but starting on 24 June my CTR drop to 22% and today even as low as 15% CTR while this never happen before.

Contacted PC support, as usual everything showing good per response. From my self check, found that most domain now showing irrelevant ad-links which possible cause the CTR drop. Anyone know what cause the ad-links suddenly show irrelevant ads?

Appreciate for your feedback, thanks.

I don't know the size of your portfolio but if majority of the revenue is generated by a few domains, the answer can be as simple as

- your main domain lost a traffic source that had high CTR.
- there was one ad campaign that performed very well on your domains, which is stopped now
- your domain traffic has not performed well for the advertisers and they were flagged by someone

All happens regularly.

For a big portfolio, the main reason of the CTR drop in the last year are the new regulations (including GDPR) how big companies can spy on users. I.e. retargeting became much more difficult, they cannot just simply monitor what websites visitors recently viewed and show ads based on browsing history. So technologically it became much more difficult to show relevant ads. They are still trying to profile the user but it is less effective than it was before.

This mostly happened last year, CTR got stabilized this year. Since this is a new quarter and there is a national holiday in USA, this week drop is normal and hopefully only temporary.

There is another issue, arbitrage, see here: https://www.namepros.com/threads/arbitrage-has-a-disastrous-impact-on-the-parking-industry.1328804/
Tons of traffic are redirected to parking pages due to this, so there are less ads for organic parkers and also for lower CPC, since arbitrage specifically targets high CPC ads.

•••
@Zsolt Bikadi thanks for replied and share the knowledge. Currently I am having 700+ active domains in PC, the uniques amount are same but CTR sudden drop seriously since 24 June until now. Hopefully like you say it's due to the holidays.

•••
Zsolt exactly i have parked 50 domains but only 5 domains generating revenues, i try to find many domains but few give revenue.
thanks for the detail answer

•••
I would bet that most important is influence of GDPR popups... it is just around google "enforcing" this popups... not many visitors will confirm this and thend also click somewhere....

•••
I would bet that most important is influence of GDPR popups... it is just around google "enforcing" this popups... not many visitors will confirm this and thend also click somewhere....
If this is the case cause CTR drop then Parking may be in disaster... ... hopefully Parking Companies will do something for the improvement.

•••
isn't epc drop the main issue
.. it was talked about way before a week back

•••
I just random check few domains with keyword on the domain name, PC still showing irrelevant ad-links, for PC it will show 3 ad-links and all 3 show non relate ad-link, see attached sample. I believe this cause the CTR drop.

Already contacted PC support and nothing much PC support can do; now I will need slowly move some domains to other platform. It's sad after so many years with PC and need to make change.

Attachments

• PC.jpg
    PC.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
•••
I just random check few domains with keyword on the domain name, PC still showing irrelevant ad-links, for PC it will show 3 ad-links and all 3 show non relate ad-link, see attached sample. I believe this cause the CTR drop.

Already contacted PC support and nothing much PC support can do; now I will need slowly move some domains to other platform. It's sad after so many years with PC and need to make change.
Mate try bodis, they're very caring and always quick response, my domains on bodis 90% related ads link but when you try afternic or sedo mostly Irrilevant ads. Sedo badest in epc too.

Last edited:
•••
Hi All, tested domains for other company/platform, showing same result, with this can conclude is 1st tier (G) advertiser issue. Not sure what happen at (G). :tightlyclosedeyes:

•••
Most domains behave as if they have never been optimized. The same problem with domains where I had manually set keywords. This is the cause of the drop in CTR.

•••
Most domains behave as if they have never been optimized. The same problem with domains where I had manually set keywords. This is the cause of the drop in CTR.
Per my observation past few days, I can say (G) no longer care on manual keywords, suspect only start last week for 'this' to standardize for all parking companies.

•••
so why do park companies still offer keyword entering if google doesnt care. it's a waste of time no??? @TroyBodis

•••
Per my observation past few days, I can say (G) no longer care on manual keywords, suspect only start last week for 'this' to standardize for all parking companies.
I don't think it's the goal (G) that the ads aren't properly targeted. Even for domains that were automatically optimized, irreverent ads are now displayed. Even Bodis and PK don't know that something like this was planned. Rather, something (G) went wrong.

•••
I still think issue is GDPR... I had issue with "authority" regading this on one of sites and need to solve it...

Issue is this advertising cookies can not be uploaded before user click on i agree with cookies. If someone reject cookies they can not be uploaded at all.

AS far as I know goolge ads are wotrking sole on their cookies to display most relavant adds to visitor with highest possible CTR rate (when adds are relavant).

So when google do not have their cookie ( i think 30% or less visitors confirm this popup that they aree with all cookies) they just show random ads.

•••
I still think issue is GDPR... I had issue with "authority" regading this on one of sites and need to solve it...

Issue is this advertising cookies can not be uploaded before user click on i agree with cookies. If someone reject cookies they can not be uploaded at all.

AS far as I know goolge ads are wotrking sole on their cookies to display most relavant adds to visitor with highest possible CTR rate (when adds are relavant).

So when google do not have their cookie ( i think 30% or less visitors confirm this popup that they aree with all cookies) they just show random ads.
I am now in Asia traffic, no GDPR require, but still same problem showing irrelevant ad-links, changed to (A) platform also same. Have you try check by yourself to click on Agree see if the ad-links show correctly? May be can try later with VPN/Proxy to confirm this.

•••
I don't think it's the goal (G) that the ads aren't properly targeted. Even for domains that were automatically optimized, irreverent ads are now displayed. Even Bodis and PK don't know that something like this was planned. Rather, something (G) went wrong.
Agree with you, cause just happen and now in holidays which no body aware this. (G) support may need involve to solve or many Parking companies file complain only possible (G) will take action.

•••
so why do park companies still offer keyword entering if google doesnt care. it's a waste of time no??? @TroyBodis
My guess may be the rule just change or like @Morul15 said (G) got technical issue...

•••
I am now in Asia traffic, no GDPR require, but still same problem showing irrelevant ad-links, changed to (A) platform also same. Have you try check by yourself to click on Agree see if the ad-links show correctly? May be can try later with VPN/Proxy to confirm this.
I just tried one foodai net domain parker on afternic...

I went there and confirm cookies and it show relavant adds...

Then I went through vpn and reject cookies and it show only notice: Content is blocked NO ADS AT ALL!!!

Can someone als make this test to reject cookies...

•••

Then I went through vpn and reject cookies and it show only notice: Content is blocked NO ADS AT ALL!!!

I tried Proxy with US address, no GDPR pop up but showing irrelevant link-ads.
Using Asia traffic, show correct ads.

•••
wrong info, please ignore... re-edit this message.

Last edited:
•••

I think this is the problem causing the serious CTR DROP, new Adsense policy on 18 June:

support.google DOT com/adsense/announcements/9189068?hl=en#:~:text=June%2018%2C%202024&text=Through%20these%20messages%2C%20site%20visitors,order%20for%20them%20to%20apply.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back