IT.COM

Efty Marketplace Example

NameSilo
Watch
Today I signed up for the EFTY 30-day trial to test the look and landing page customization feastures. I already have a portfolo on another site. I was just curious what other domainers have done to see what features are available etc. I did notice it did not automatically upload my .TV domains but it did look at WHOIS to find most of the others - even those which were expired. I decided to "not publish" most of the Spanish domains on this EFTY site. Anyone have some examples....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

At your service. Personally, I am very excited about this integration and plan on using it for around 250 or so lower priced domains. The buyer can pay instantly without any of the roadblocks that you often have with escrow services. There are of course some risks about using PayPal but I am willing to take those for lower priced inventory.

•••
@Doron Vermaat
Thanks for adding the PayPal option. I might try it for some lower-priced domain names

QUESTIONS:
1) when looking at my domain list, I need the option to SHOW/HIDE the PAYMENT-PLATFORM column
2) also need the ability to BULK EDIT a bunch of names and modify the PAYMENT PLATFORM for ALL of them -- this will allow me to REMOVE the PayPal option (or change it to a different Payment Platform) on a bunch of names if I don't like how it is going

TIA,
DN

•••
•••
Hi everyone, say hello to..... PayPal!

https://blog.efty.com/2017/05/25/its-here-paypal-efty-awesome/

Very excited about this update as many of you guys have been asking for this to move lower priced inventory.

How does EFTY protect sellers from a buyer disputing a PayPal charge? I've read elsewhere on NP that there have been buyers who have disputed the purchase many months later, right before the window to dispute closes - and they win the dispute causing money to be taken from the seller. Seller doesnt get the name back. It becomes a total lose for the seller.

Also, will other payment processors like Sedo, Epik, etc eventually be integrated in the future?

•••
How does EFTY protect sellers from a buyer disputing a PayPal charge? I've read elsewhere on NP that there have been buyers who have disputed the purchase many months later, right before the window to dispute closes - and they win the dispute causing money to be taken from the seller. Seller doesnt get the name back. It becomes a total lose for the seller.

Also, will other payment processors like Sedo, Epik, etc eventually be integrated in the future?

Using anything else beside a licensed escrow service is at the seller his own risk which is the reason we still advice Escrow.com or Payoneer Escrow for high value transactions. We certainly consider adding more payment options in the future whenever they become popular request (like it was the case with Payoneer and PayPal).

•••
Using anything else beside a licensed escrow service is at the seller his own risk which is the reason we still advice Escrow.com or Payoneer Escrow for high value transactions. We certainly consider adding more payment options in the future whenever they become popular request (like it was the case with Payoneer and PayPal).

Thank you for your reply Doron! Could it be possible to allow us to bring our own escrow (ie. an attorney that we use, or maybe Sedo's or Epik's service) ? I've read so many probably with Escrow.com lately and with Paypal for a long time. Not to regurgitate the other threads on NP but I am sure you've seen the ones about Escrow.com turning off buyers by asking them for personal documents and as I already mentioned and you already addressed: Paypal transactions getting reversed.

I think it would be super cool and flexible if we could have the option to do our own financing if we've got it... Thanks for your consideration!

•••
@Doron Vermaat
Thanks for adding the PayPal option. I might try it for some lower-priced domain names

QUESTIONS:
1) when looking at my domain list, I need the option to SHOW/HIDE the PAYMENT-PLATFORM column
2) also need the ability to BULK EDIT a bunch of names and modify the PAYMENT PLATFORM for ALL of them -- this will allow me to REMOVE the PayPal option (or change it to a different Payment Platform) on a bunch of names if I don't like how it is going

TIA,
DN

I am looking into this now to see if this is something we can add easily.

•••
I've just a question on creating your own market place on efty and changing dns settings etc.

Is this safe to do and what happens when you sell your domain and the dns setting then need to be cleared/reset so they are clear for the buyer? Is this easy to do or quite technical?

•••
I've just a question on creating your own market place on efty and changing dns settings etc.

Is this safe to do and what happens when you sell your domain and the dns setting then need to be cleared/reset so they are clear for the buyer? Is this easy to do or quite technical?

You can change the DNS of a domain name with a couple of clicks.

•••
ok, so i'm in the process of creating my own market place on Efty - viciousdomains.com and I like the platform so far. It's easy to configure and looks good. A couple of points I'd like to make though....

1. Would be great if there was more flexibility on the logos 300 x 80 pixels is a little restrictive.
2. I think there should be a maket place style area so you can easily navigate to other peoples domains. (maybe there is but from the dashboard there doesn't seems to be any easy way to do this)

That is all for now :)

•••
I just started Efty the other day and I really like it. Thank you Efty!

emergedomain.com
I still need to add logos and tweak some things, but it's an easy set up.

•••
Hey @Doron Vermaat.
It would really help if we would have our own categories for domain names.
Is it in the oven?

•••
Efty is useful as a marketplace if people are searching for a specific domain. However, if you want people to visit your site and search for names in general you will need a blog on the site. Without a blog, Efty is ordinary.

•••
Efty needs to add a lot of stuff. Understand why domainers are still using WordPress sites. If Efty keeps adding more stuff and make almost everything 'customizable', the memberships would increase exponentially.

•••
Efty is useful as a marketplace if people are searching for a specific domain. However, if you want people to visit your site and search for names in general you will need a blog on the site. Without a blog, Efty is ordinary.
yeah i think if you want a blog then use wordpress why reinvest wordpress?

•••
ok, so i'm in the process of creating my own market place on Efty - viciousdomains.com and I like the platform so far. It's easy to configure and looks good. A couple of points I'd like to make though....

1. Would be great if there was more flexibility on the logos 300 x 80 pixels is a little restrictive.
2. I think there should be a maket place style area so you can easily navigate to other peoples domains. (maybe there is but from the dashboard there doesn't seems to be any easy way to do this)

That is all for now :)

Thanks for taking Efty for a pin Ollie and nice job on http://www.viciousdomains.com !More flexibility on logos has been requested by more users so this is something we're definitely looking into. A centralized marketplace where all public inventory from Efty users is aggregated and searchable is a great idea and something we've had many discussions about with the team. I hope to add this to our development roadmap for next year.

Currently, we're working hard on a completely revamped version of the application and making the platform more user-friendly for large portfolio holders (easier adding, managing and editing of large numbers of domains). For Q1 next year we've planned a lot of improvements and new features for the custom marketplace. @Elad n - that should include either custom or a significant expansion of the current categories!

Last edited:
•••
@Doron Vermaat

Thanks for providing periodic updates. If possible, I would still like to see the following before Q1 of next year:
1) ability to manually set the order of the Premium Domain Names on your domain market
2) better controls before automatically setting up the transaction at Escrow.com. There are too many people hitting the Buy-it-Now and I think they just don't realize they are setting up a transaction at Escrow.com -- I currently have 7 transactions setup at Escrow.com that I know will never go through...
3) ability to make my own categories -- say up to 5 categories that are User-Defined

Regards,
DN

•••
@Doron Vermaat

Thanks for providing periodic updates. If possible, I would still like to see the following before Q1 of next year:
1) ability to manually set the order of the Premium Domain Names on your domain market
2) better controls before automatically setting up the transaction at Escrow.com. There are too many people hitting the Buy-it-Now and I think they just don't realize they are setting up a transaction at Escrow.com -- I currently have 7 transactions setup at Escrow.com that I know will never go through...
3) ability to make my own categories -- say up to 5 categories that are User-Defined

Regards,
DN

Appreciate the feedback and I believe all three of your wishes echo those of other Efty users so we'll do our best to ship some of these features asap.

•••
Hi everyone, I wanted to share we've added 22 new marketplace categories + matching For-Sale landing pages for each of them to the platform. We've tried adding the most requested categories. If yours is still missing please do let us know and we'll do our best to add another batch in the coming months.

Fashion
Family
Infants & Children
Emoji
Internationalized domains
Cannabis
Gambling
Cryptocurrency
Pets & Animals
Virtual Reality
Automotive
Electronics
Advertising & Marketing
Drones
Dating
Blockchain
Environment
Science
Software
Internet of Things (IoT)
Mobile
Lifestyle

Lot's more improvements and new features planned for the coming months!

•••
@Doron Vermaat

Is there a way to see a "History" of the BUY-it-NOW Settings I had for a domain in my portfolio?

The reason is I once had a BUY-it-NOW, but I removed that recently. Now someone who inquired about the name a few months ago just sent me an offer ($x,xxx), but I cannot remember what the Buy-it-Now was that I had originally (I want to meet him in the middle, so I need to know exactly what my Buy-it-Now was a few months ago).

Thanks,
DN

•••
@Doron Vermaat

Is there a way to see a "History" of the BUY-it-NOW Settings I had for a domain in my portfolio?

The reason is I once had a BUY-it-NOW, but I removed that recently. Now someone who inquired about the name a few months ago just sent me an offer ($x,xxx), but I cannot remember what the Buy-it-Now was that I had originally (I want to meet him in the middle, so I need to know exactly what my Buy-it-Now was a few months ago).

Thanks,
DN

No sorry this is not possible but with a bit of luck the landing page with the old BIN price is archived on https://archive.org/web/ or a similar service.

•••
Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, before posting, I had already checked archive.org and they did not have the old page...

•••
No sorry this is not possible but with a bit of luck the landing page with the old BIN price is archived on https://archive.org/web/ or a similar service.
Hi, does Efty have a contact phone number? I tried signing up and got stacked in the process. I needed help as to how to set my page properly and couldn't get a contact number to call.
Thank u

•••
Hi, does Efty have a contact phone number? I tried signing up and got stacked in the process. I needed help as to how to set my page properly and couldn't get a contact number to call.
Thank u

We do not provide phone support but if you email us at [email protected] we do our best to help with any issues or answer any questions as quick as we can.

•••
Anyone else's Efty landers viewing incorrectly? Everything appears to be pushed upwards... (n)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back