Dynadot

Efty Marketplace Example

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Today I signed up for the EFTY 30-day trial to test the look and landing page customization feastures. I already have a portfolo on another site. I was just curious what other domainers have done to see what features are available etc. I did notice it did not automatically upload my .TV domains but it did look at WHOIS to find most of the others - even those which were expired. I decided to "not publish" most of the Spanish domains on this EFTY site. Anyone have some examples....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone else's Efty landers viewing incorrectly? Everything appears to be pushed upwards... (n)

Hi Matt, which template are you using? We're currently integrating captchas on all For-Sale landing pages which might cause some scaling issues. If you can provide some more information I'll make sure the issue will get addressed asap.

•••
Hi Matt, which template are you using? We're currently integrating captchas on all For-Sale landing pages which might cause some scaling issues. If you can provide some more information I'll make sure the issue will get addressed asap.

Hi Doron, thanks for the follow-up. Currently using 'Short Domains', 'Internet' etc.

•••
Hi Doron, thanks for the follow-up. Currently using 'Short Domains', 'Internet' etc.

Can you share a screenshot of one of your landing page to show the issue? Which browser and OS are you using?

•••

Same here... looks too big. It's from the captchas.

•••
Can you share a screenshot of one of your landing page to show the issue? Which browser and OS are you using?

Viewing like this on Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Using macOS Sierra 10.12.5

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2017-09-19-at-12.57.15-pm.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2017-09-19-at-12.57.15-pm.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 49
•••

Can you be more specific? What is too big, what browser and OS are you using? A screenshot would be helpful.

@matj This is what the landing page at www.myyo.com looks for me in Chrome (Windows). When you say everything appears to be "pushed upwards" can you elaborate a bit on where each element previously stood when viewing the landing pages on your Mac?

Attachments

• upload_2017-9-19_11-10-40.png
    upload_2017-9-19_11-10-40.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
•••
Can you be more specific? What is too big, what browser and OS are you using? A screenshot would be helpful.

@matj This is what the landing page at www.myyo.com looks for me in Chrome (Windows). When you say everything appears to be "pushed upwards" can you elaborate a bit on where each element previously stood when viewing the landing pages on your Mac?

Mate, all landing page elements were originally centred. ie. If the page was resized, the 'Make Offer' area and the logo/text area would always remain centred on screen. Now these areas sit right near the top.

•••
Mate, all landing page elements were originally centred. ie. If the page was resized, the 'Make Offer' area and the logo/text area would always remain centred on screen. Now these areas sit right near the top.

That's very strange because the elements were always sitting near the top of the of the page. I just asked a mac user to test with one of his landing pages and he sees no difference on his domain since the update and shared the screenshot below.

KN5b0_pf5HaGA9H4v4iPkECEJPG0mfm6ibIvQux7NYQ%2C5leL5G1SZKohZ8J1yZOTW_wYvTziH_fE-Dn26yRyYl0

•••
Anyone else's Efty landers viewing incorrectly? Everything appears to be pushed upwards... (n)

Just wanted to make sure you are viewing the page in the actual size?

QVvm30FVfQ9zldxMIVAmzoOusx7DQY_kb3aDvkLEbH8

•••
Just wanted to make sure you are viewing the page in the actual size?

QVvm30FVfQ9zldxMIVAmzoOusx7DQY_kb3aDvkLEbH8

Doron, I can confirm that its viewing at Actual Size. Everything appears fine, those specific elements are just sitting at the top of the page, not in the centre as per before.

•••
Ok, it's strange because these elements have always been sitting near the top instead of the center on this theme. If anyone else is noticing changes please do let me know and provide as many details as possible so we can look into this.

•••

Before, the page used to fit without a scroll needed to see the bottom. After the captcha I see now about a one inch scroll down on the right. Page size is 100% as it's been previously. Using Mac OS X and Chrome.

efty-page.png

•••
Ok, it's strange because these elements have always been sitting near the top instead of the center on this theme. If anyone else is noticing changes please do let me know and provide as many details as possible so we can look into this.

Very strange. No probs, I appreciate your time looking into it Doron.

•••
If anyone else is noticing changes please do let me know and provide as many details as possible so we can look into this.
FYI, reCAPTCHA does not load in China. Any form incorporating it can't generate inquiries from China. Suggest using a stealth captcha solution instead. Adding an option in admin panel to choose (reCAPTCHA or email prompt to confirm inquiry like before) would be even better.

•••
FYI, reCAPTCHA does not load in China. Any form incorporating it can't generate inquiries from China. Suggest using a stealth captcha solution instead. Adding an option in admin panel to choose (reCAPTCHA or email prompt to confirm inquiry like before) would be even better.

Can this be fixed? This means that Efty users are losing out on chinese buyers who are trying to make offers on the landing page?

•••
Can this be fixed? This means that Efty users are losing out on chinese buyers who are trying to make offers on the landing page?

I recommend to enable your contact details to show on your landing pages. This way there's always a way for the interested party to reach out and submit an offer.

•••
I recommend to enable your contact details to show on your landing pages. This way there's always a way for the interested party to reach out and submit an offer.
Interesting. Didn't know this was possible. How do you do this?

This option notwithstanding, can't say I'm very encouraged by your response above. You're based in Hong Kong, are you not? And implementing an "improvement" that makes users' landers useless with respect to the Chinese market? Tsk, tsk :banghead:

Last edited:
•••
Yes. I've seen forms, implementing reCAPTCHA, that used a timeout function invalidating the captcha (read: the form could be submitted if reCAPTCHA failed to load).

This said, I'm not a fan of "penalizing" legitimate visitors in sales forms (read: asking potential buyers to waste time solving reCAPTCHA). Hence my suggestion to implement stealth captcha instead. Best of both worlds! :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Interesting. Didn't know this was possible. How do you do this?

This option notwithstanding, can't say I'm very encouraged by your response above. You're based in Hong Kong, are you not? And implementing an "improvement" that makes users' landers useless with respect to the Chinese market? Tsk, tsk :banghead:

Yep, just make sure to check the "show contact details" box under Settings > Efty Market and you are good to go.

Most savvy internet users in Mainland China use a VPN whenever they encounter anything which is "blocked" - there's a reason why Google.com and Youtube.com are still among the 50 most visited websites in Mainland China despite being blocked.

•••
Yep, just make sure to check the "show contact details" box under Settings > Efty Market and you are good to go.
Thanks (y)
Most savvy internet users in Mainland China use a VPN whenever they encounter anything which is "blocked" - there's a reason why Google.com and Youtube.com are still among the 50 most visited websites in Mainland China despite being blocked.
If you say so...
So now Efty's clients' landers belong to this "exclusive" club of websites you need to use VPN to access in China. Congrats! :banghead:

•••
Thanks (y)

If you say so...
So now Efty's clients' landers belong to this "exclusive" club of websites you need to use VPN to access in China. Congrats! :banghead:

You don't need a VPN to access the landers but if the recaptcha won't load for a China-based visitor then they can reach out to the seller using the contact details that are displayed on the lander instead.

•••
You don't need a VPN to access the landers...
Sorry for my oversimplification. Let me rephrase: the landers are accessible (viewable), after a fashion, that's if one has the patience to wait about 60 seconds for the lander to load... The landers' contact forms implementing reCAPTCHA are not functional (clicking on "Send Offer" results in an enigmatic "Please confirm you're human" error message above the form - since reCAPTCHA does not load, the lander seems broken for no apparent reason).
...but if the recaptcha won't load for a China-based visitor then they can reach out to the seller using the contact details that are displayed on the lander instead.
Good fallback option to be sure (y)

Last edited:
•••
Hi Doron

Some landing pages are not loading today and are going to dns error pages. It's happening to some of my efty domains and not others. All of them are using efty dns and it's the first time this has happened.

Has anyone else noticed this today? Hopefully it can be resolved soon.

•••
Hi Doron

Some landing pages are not loading today and are going to dns error pages. It's happening to some of my efty domains and not others. All of them are using efty dns and it's the first time this has happened.

Has anyone else noticed this today? Hopefully it can be resolved soon.

Can you share some examples and let me know when you've added these domains to the platform?

•••
Can you share some examples and let me know when you've added these domains to the platform?

Hi Doron

The landing pages are all loading now. It seems it was a temporary thing that has resolved itself and they are all loading fast and smoothly now.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back