IT.COM

Help us test the new Efty.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Doron Vermaat

Co-founder, EftyTop Member
Efty.com
Impact
It’s been more than four years since @lionel_efty and I set out on a mission to change the way domain name investors manage, market and monetize their portfolio’s. And what a ride it has been!

After a private beta with a small group of users, we decided to turn to NamePros.com in December 2014 to announce our public beta and with an open invite for anyone to sign-up and provide feedback. And feedback we got. A lot. In fact, the feedback has never stopped and it is safe to say that it is thanks to the community here that Efty transformed from our humble vision of a domain portfolio management tool into the full-fledged sales platform it is today and that we’re continuing to build for you.

Pretty much all of the new features we shipped over the past few years were build on top of the original framework that we developed for Efty back in 2014 which resulted in a somewhat bloated application that isn’t always as fast and bug-free as we like it to be and frankly, has started to look a bit tired.

That’s why we set out to completely revamp the application, streamline the menus, simplify navigation and build a responsive layout for all devices and operating systems. The result is a platform with a strong emphasis on helping you make more money, by driving more sales and better reporting.

dashboard-_-efty-edited.gif

We think it’s turning out awesome but we need some unsalted feedback before we flip the switch and roll it out to our entire userbase.

And what better place to turn for feedback than here on NamePros? The very same place we announced the first version of our platform :)

The new Efty is not just old wine in new bottles. We already incorporated a lot of feedback and delivered on a lot of the popular request posted by members in the many Efty threads on the forum.

With the new Efty, you can:
  • Create custom categories for your marketplace (yay!)
  • Rearrange the order of premium domains on your homepage
  • Remove the Make Offer form from the marketplace (for your BIN domains)
  • Get in-app notifications for new inquiries and transactions.
  • Turn on/of logos in your marketplace or For-Sale landing pages.
  • Show listings on your marketplace in chronological or alphabetical order.
  • Activate two-factor authentication for added security
  • Quickly see which of your domain names are under review.
  • Add a Privacy Policy page and place Active Consent checkboxes on your Make Offer forms.
To help us test drive the #NewEfty you sign into your Efty account via https://app.efty.com/login/
Not an Efty user yet? Feel free to sign up for a 30 day, free trial here.

And please, do let us know what you think in the comments. Did we miss something? Spotted a bug? Love it, hate it? All feedback, comments, questions, and suggestions are very much appreciated.

This is a paid post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is Efty sites and landing pages down.....again? @Doron Vermaat

Please address the “certificate” issues that seem to have been consistent with the platform; it’s becoming a problem. Thanks!

•••
Is Efty sites and landing pages down.....again? @Doron Vermaat

Please address the “certificate” issues that seem to have been consistent with the platform; it’s becoming a problem. Thanks!

As discussed via our email support the issue related to your site was caused by a 2nd SSL certificate that was activated for your domain, causing a conflict with our own SSL-certificate provider. It's not a platform-wide issue but that doesn't mean we're here to help you solve this issue of course.

I see your site resolves without a security warning now and the padlock also shows the correct SSL certificate 👍

•••
Still hoping to see a samir template with a custom background Doron.
Or a indrp or udrp template that we can edit profile as well as add usp, which i want to use as calls to action.
Some names i want to use your service and promote something, not sell the domain.
A template that says contact us, not make offer
Make a beautiful landing page, not just beautiful for sale landing pages
Samir with custom background option please

•••
I have a question/request @doron. Would it be possible for instance having a portion of my domains redirected to my Efty marketplace SSL pages, and another portion using the landers? As of now, it looks like I only have the option one way or the other.

The reason I would appreciate this feature, is because I am considering using the Efty marketplace pages (mydomain.com/domain/mysite.com/), but meanwhile having the option for an UDRP/INDRP safe lander for a few of my domains. This does not seem possible atm when enabling the "redirect to my Efty marketplace" option.

If having both these options enabled at the same time is a problem, it would be appreciated having a specific "theme" for my domains that are "not for sale".

•••
I have a question/request @doron. Would it be possible for instance having a portion of my domains redirected to my Efty marketplace SSL pages, and another portion using the landers? As of now, it looks like I only have the option one way or the other.

The reason I would appreciate this feature, is because I am considering using the Efty marketplace pages (mydomain.com/domain/mysite.com/), but meanwhile having the option for an UDRP/INDRP safe lander for a few of my domains. This does not seem possible atm when enabling the "redirect to my Efty marketplace" option.

If having both these options enabled at the same time is a problem, it would be appreciated having a specific "theme" for my domains that are "not for sale".

It's only possible with a workaround in which you manually forward those domain names which you do not want to redirect to your own marketplace to https://eftymarket.com/domain.com/ and replace domain.com with your own domain. We will then host the UDRP/INDRP safe lander or any other landing age you have selected on that URL.

A series of "not for sale" themes is underway. Stay tuned.

•••
@Doron Vermaat ,are you looking into adding a table so we can see the number of visits.I know i need to check g analytics for that but just asking to see if this is in your future plans?I only see a portion on from the report on efty.

Thanks.

•••
@Doron Vermaat ,are you looking into adding a table so we can see the number of visits.I know i need to check g analytics for that but just asking to see if this is in your future plans?I only see a portion on from the report on efty.

Thanks.

We understand not everyone likes Google Analytics as it can be quite bloated with features so we are considering bringing visitors stats back inside the Efty application next year.

•••
Another thing to work on is your bulk edit.When i need to apply a theme to all my names,I need a simple edit to apply it to all domain names not to individually do ine after the other which takes time.

How do i apply the new " price Upon Request " to all my names in one simple process without doing it one name at a time?

I want to be able to.

Thank you for introducing the price Upon Request.

•••
Another thing to work on is your bulk edit.When i need to apply a theme to all my names,I need a simple edit to apply it to all domain names not to individually do ine after the other which takes time.

How do i apply the new " price Upon Request " to all my names in one simple process without doing it one name at a time?

I want to be able to.

Thank you for introducing the price Upon Request.

There are two ways to make such changed to your portfolio in bulk. There's the bulk editor within the web application itself, allowing you to make a change to up to 250 domains in one go. Here's the tutorial.

And we have a CSV bulk edit and upload tool which allows you to process changes for your entire portfolio at once. Here's the tutorial.

•••
It's only possible with a workaround in which you manually forward those domain names which you do not want to redirect to your own marketplace to https://eftymarket.com/domain.com/ and replace domain.com with your own domain. We will then host the UDRP/INDRP safe lander or any other landing age you have selected on that URL.

A series of "not for sale" themes is underway. Stay tuned.
:xf.confused:

Is that going to happen sometime soon, trying to stay tuned, as i asked last month with no response, a samir template with ability to customize background would be nice.

•••
Hey @MasterOfMyDomains - first of all, apologies for the late follow up. I am going to keep a better eye on this and the other Efty threads across the forum.

We did initially planned to add a few "not for-sale" designs to the theme gallery but something more pressing came up that needed our developer's attention. It's still on the road-map and not a huge project so hopefully, we can ship it together with another update in the very near future.

I like to share with everyone what we're working on at the moment, what our focus is for 2020 and of course invite anyone to share ideas on how we can further improve Efty.

Right now, we're putting the finishing touches on sub-domain support for both the marketplace and the custom domain name that you can now set up for your for-sale landing pages.

If you missed the release of this latest feature I do recommend you check out this video walk-through in which I explain exactly how this works. It allows you to host all of our for-sale landing pages on your own, custom domain. Including SSL and Live Chat.

So very soon, you can host your marketplace and/or your custom landing page domain on a sub-domain.

This means if you have a developed website you can keep that website intact and opt to have an Efty-powered marketplace on a subdomain such as market.yourdomain.com and/or all your landing pages redirect to sales.yourdomain.com for example.

If you want to help beta test just message/email me and I'll help you get set up (y)

As for 2020 we want to focus on bringing more escrow and payment options to Efty. This has been the most popular request for a while now so it will have the highest priority.

Last edited:
•••
Looks great and nice and smooth website!!

•••
@Doron Vermaat enjoyed the video

I've been working trying to get the Custom Domain Working but I can't seem to figure out what's wrong here

I realized after trying to add www A

It states " The WWW A-records for www.domainbarracks.com NEED NOT BE pointed to 159.8.40.55
???Yet the directions and help pages say the opposite ???

The option to enable SSL has diapered from both Marketplace & The page below

If I remove my A -record how will Efty still connect to dommainbaracks ?

eftySSLbarracks.jpg

Thank You Kindly

Rob

•••
@Doron Vermaat enjoyed the video

I've been working trying to get the Custom Domain Working but I can't seem to figure out what's wrong here

I realized after trying to add www A

It states " The WWW A-records for www.domainbarracks.com NEED NOT BE pointed to 159.8.40.55
???Yet the directions and help pages say the opposite ???

The option to enable SSL has diapered from both Marketplace & The page below

If I remove my A -record how will Efty still connect to dommainbaracks ?

Show attachment 146531

Thank You Kindly

Rob

@Doron Vermaat NVM I was able to get it figured out :)

I deleted an old Cname www file

Then logged out of Efty and back in and my Option to Enable SSL came back for marketplace

Then in Custom Domain, you can't delete the old name url, I just had to click add, delete name, retype name in and hit ok and it refreshed and this time I got the enable SSL button :)

Page to working on my efty and to finish your video .

cheers,

Rob

Edit:

ps...I did just realize that If I use this option all the landers will look the same, I was hoping it would have the same effect as "redirect to eftymarket.com" which allows all different landers to be used while showing EftyMarket in the url..for SSL ....is there a reason The Custom Domain can't act the same way with the lander options ?

Thank You

Rob

Last edited:
•••
ps...I did just realize that If I use this option all the landers will look the same, I was hoping it would have the same effect as "redirect to eftymarket.com" which allows all different landers to be used while showing EftyMarket in the url..for SSL ....is there a reason The Custom Domain can't act the same way with the lander options ?

It should act the same as EftyMarket.com - in the sense that each landing page can be unique and use one of our 40+ for-sale landing page templates. It seems https://www.domainbarracks.com/ is currently used as your marketplace url however. Did you set up a different domain for your custom landing page domain? Feel free to email us at [email protected] with all the details and we have you set up in no time.

•••
It should act the same as EftyMarket.com - in the sense that each landing page can be unique and use one of our 40+ for-sale landing page templates. It seems https://www.domainbarracks.com/ is currently used as your marketplace url however. Did you set up a different domain for your custom landing page domain? Feel free to email us at [email protected] with all the details and we have you set up in no time.

For custom it was set/written as www.domainbarracks.coom

Working on again now, If I cant get it I'll shoot you all a email. Thank you

ps...yes apparently it's still redirecting displaying my Custom URL but showing my Marketplace lander the same across the board.

For some reason it's gives this url on my custom Lander
https://domainbarracks.com/domain/lendefi.com/ (which as the extra word "domain")

When I use EftyMarket.com I get this no "domain" word added
https://eftymarket.com/Lendefi.com/ (and it show the lander I picked, not market lander)

Not sure why it added the the word "domain" to my url when I select custom, yet landers work fine when I pick EftMarket.com.

Should it not show as https://domainbarracks.com/lendefi.com If it were working properly?

@Doron Vermaat

Last edited:
•••
Still looking for a customizable contact us lander after all these years

•••
Would be great with a lander that says something like "Under construction" or "Future home of something cool". With a contact form.

@Doron Vermaat Have you any immediate plans for a theme like this?

•••
Would be great with a lander that says something like "Under construction" or "Future home of something cool". With a contact form.

@Doron Vermaat Have you any immediate plans for a theme like this?

Not at the moment. All our development resources are currently tied up in something very big we're working on.

•••
Still hoping to see a samir template with a custom background Doron.
Or a indrp or udrp template that we can edit profile as well as add usp, which i want to use as calls to action.
Some names i want to use your service and promote something, not sell the domain.
A template that says contact us, not make offer
Make a beautiful landing page, not just beautiful for sale landing pages
Samir with custom background option please
Been a year or 4, i see you have been adding customizable backgrounds for other templates. Why not samir? I see someone posted above quote from you about a series of not for sale landing pages

I also see you have been playing with settings in https://app.efty.com/
Expiry date column does not show by default, now you have added monthly visitors column takes up 1/3 of the screen. Column for expiry date must be added manually

Your dan.com payment integration looks great, I like position of button.
Been experimenting with custom domain, great to forward to.
Your landers are one step above Dan's landers, cream of the crop imo,but still hoping you will add some code to samir and make the customizable background an option.

•••
Been a year or 4, i see you have been adding customizable backgrounds for other templates. Why not samir? I see someone posted above quote from you about a series of not for sale landing pages

I also see you have been playing with settings in https://app.efty.com/
Expiry date column does not show by default, now you have added monthly visitors column takes up 1/3 of the screen. Column for expiry date must be added manually

Your dan.com payment integration looks great, I like position of button.
Been experimenting with custom domain, great to forward to.
Your landers are one step above Dan's landers, cream of the crop imo,but still hoping you will add some code to samir and make the customizable background an option.

Thanks for the feedback. The list of things users would like to change to one of the many templates is always endless putting us at risk by overly complicating Efty if we keep making small changes in an effort to please a small percentage instead of focussing on popular request (such as the DAN integration or bringing stats back into Efty).

Hence, our goal is to rebuild the for-sale landing page feature from the ground up and do away with all the different templates and allow users to create their own templates from scratch and anyone and everyone can have what for them will be, the perfect for-sale landing page theme. This is obviously a huge project and at the moment we're busy launching the new Efty.com marketplace. Rest assured, we will keep moving forward, making Efty better at all times :)

•••
Thanks for the feedback. The list of things users would like to change to one of the many templates is always endless putting us at risk by overly complicating Efty if we keep making small changes in an effort to please a small percentage instead of focussing on popular request (such as the DAN integration or bringing stats back into Efty).

Hence, our goal is to rebuild the for-sale landing page feature from the ground up and do away with all the different templates and allow users to create their own templates from scratch and anyone and everyone can have what for them will be, the perfect for-sale landing page theme. This is obviously a huge project and at the moment we're busy launching the new Efty.com marketplace. Rest assured, we will keep moving forward, making Efty better at all times :)
Hands down, the best investment I've ever made when it comes to domain investing.

•••
Good afternoon Doron,

If I may, can I just say that I'm a relative Newbie to domain investing and I have been using the Efty Marketplace for a while now and I am happy with everything so far.

However, I have some suggestions for possible improvements that may or may not be achievable or feasible in monetary terms.

Firstly, when I go onto the 'Domains' section of the Portfolio I have to click the drop down menu which says 'Show 10 rows'. Would it be possible to have this default to be 'All rows' or straight to 'Show 250 rows'?

Secondly, when I'm on a pc and I'm at the top of the page but I know that I have to go to the end of my domains I have to scroll down all the way through my domains until I get to the bottom of the screen where I can then click on the 'previous-1-2-next' button. Would it be possible to have the 'previous-1-2-next' function at the top of the screen too.

I know they are only small issues but I will leave it to you to see whether the changes are possible or indeed necessary.

Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Reddstag

•••
This server could not prove that it is *************.com; its security certificate is from eftymarket.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

Proceed to ***********.com (unsafe)

Above error appears now when I added a dan bin. Given up on redirecting landers to eftymarketplace, I find they randomly start going to eftymarket.com and not eftymarket.com/domainname.com

Marketplace looks good, gotta remove bin from my domain now and see if i stop getting warning page when I type my domain in browser.
Default columns in app.efty.com control management area are sure messed up, have to correct every time.
Dont focus entirely on selling, some use you for design or domain management too.
I know though the more you sell via dan, more moolah you get. Building a simple contact us lander wont bring you in any more coin or making samir ability to have editable background. I see you have done that with some for sale landers, but not the contact us lander with asparagus background.
Please make samir customizable background

•••
This server could not prove that it is *************.com; its security certificate is from eftymarket.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

Proceed to ***********.com (unsafe)

Above error appears now when I added a dan bin. Given up on redirecting landers to eftymarketplace, I find they randomly start going to eftymarket.com and not eftymarket.com/domainname.com

Marketplace looks good, gotta remove bin from my domain now and see if i stop getting warning page when I type my domain in browser.
Default columns in app.efty.com control management area are sure messed up, have to correct every time.
Dont focus entirely on selling, some use you for design or domain management too.
I know though the more you sell via dan, more moolah you get. Building a simple contact us lander wont bring you in any more coin or making samir ability to have editable background. I see you have done that with some for sale landers, but not the contact us lander with asparagus background.
Please make samir customizable background
Because of yesterday's launch of the new Efty marketplace I believe eftymarket is no longer in use.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back