IT.COM

Efty Marketplace Example

NameSilo
Watch
Today I signed up for the EFTY 30-day trial to test the look and landing page customization feastures. I already have a portfolo on another site. I was just curious what other domainers have done to see what features are available etc. I did notice it did not automatically upload my .TV domains but it did look at WHOIS to find most of the others - even those which were expired. I decided to "not publish" most of the Spanish domains on this EFTY site. Anyone have some examples....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi there,

I am one of the co-founders of Efty. Thanks for the feedback! As for the marketplace functionality I wanted to give you heads up that we're completely revamping the design at the moment and will offer two complete new designs soon.

You can read a bit more on our blog: http://blog.efty.com/post/142999837234/help-us-pick-the-best-domain-name-marketplace

We expect to roll this out in just a few weeks from now so stay tuned.

Below are a few design mock-ups so you can have a sneak peak.

upload_2016-5-16_12-9-8.png

upload_2016-5-16_12-9-28.png

upload_2016-5-16_12-9-52.png

upload_2016-5-16_12-10-8.png

upload_2016-5-16_12-10-21.png

•••
I have not spent time on the marketplace set up. I really joined for the domain management tools that they offer. For my size portfolio (up to 5,000 names) it is only $25/month. Much better than any spreadsheet I could develop and it loads your information from the whois database. The landing pages were just a plus for me.
@indiegrind

I went ahead this morning and moved my name servers from DNS to efty and within a few hours i got a serious inquiry.. after spending the last month on dns with nothing.. I hope it closes successfully. I'll update.

•••
May I ask if this is the same thing Adam Dicker was offering ...... pay for sales mini site for your names (sorry I have not read the whole thread)

Not even close. Nobody is asking you to read the whole thread but maybe you could have taken a minute or two to read the website at http://www.efty.com before asking such a question. It's not exactly flattering to name anyone (or any company) in the same sentence as Adam Dicker..

•••
Have sold 24000$ worth of domains through efty landing pages. I vouch for them personally to

•••
Two updates: you can now feature as many premium names on your homepage as you like instead of the previous maximum of nine.

Last but not least, you can now bulk edit the USPs for up to 100 domains at the time via our bulk editor.

•••
cant we add our custom categories ? as there is only limited categories...efty give us some freedom on customization

Not for now but we know it's been much requested so it's something we're definitely consider adding to our roadmap in the near future. Right now we are busy designing coding a large number of new For-Sale landing pages that will hit the theme gallery very soon!

Here's a teaser (just one of the many new designs):

screencapture-bandmanager-1474892264355.png

•••
•••
Good share Grilled. Looks like this service can help out with mass forwarding of domains. I haven't tried it myself however so if anyone can share experiences with it that would be nice.

How to mass forward domains to Efty with Nameserver.io

Go to Nameserver.io and simply type the following in the "Where to redirect" field:

http://YourMarketplaceName.com/domain/{{DOMAIN}}

You only replace the blue text with your marketplace name, the red text you leave as is (do not put your target domain instead of {{DOMAIN}}, it will be replaced automatically by Nameserver.io).

An example for Doron's marketplace: http://NameRockstar.com/domain/{{DOMAIN}}

After adding this to the field, you'll get 2 custom nameservers which you can add to all your domains at your registrar (bulk nameserver change is not a problem for most registrars). That's it. All domains will redirect to their exact efty page.

You can mass forward as many domain names as you like with this method.

Last edited:
•••
Wanted to write about my experience with Efty because I love their platform. In the past I used Domain Name Sales, but there is too much conflict of interest with the new Uniregistry market so I decided to switch. The big plus is I get to customize my landing pages completely and add logos (ex. JustGold.com). I use the custom text area to write down my phone number and email. This way, if a buyer for whatever reason doesn’t feel comfortable filling out the contact form, they still have an option to contact me. I’ve gotten a lot of calls so far and they convert better than email so it’s a big plus. Efty has a lot of different themes which is another positive thing, and I personally like North.

I was also a beta tester for the new marketplace feature and it came out great at TheDomainStore.com. I think it’s set up perfectly because it has the initial “wow” factor on the home page with the 9 logos (thanks @Sobi) for the premium domains. The phone number on the top right makes you easily accessible, and the categories plus the search bar help end users find what they need more easily.

Both the marketplace and the landers have google analytics tracking set up on them so I can see the location of visitors, which pages are most visited, etc. The traffic stats are very accurate and it helps a ton when thinking of which names to drop or keep.

•••
•••
May give efty a try, I like the marketplace option

I've gotten a few sales off my Efty landing pages. I recommend them. But just like anywhere else, you need quality inventory. Junk is junk is junk no matter where you list it.

•••
Here's a quick example of some logos on my marketplace.
DemoLogos1.PNG
DemoLogos2.PNG

Last edited:
•••
@Doron Vermaat mate you have a custom header at namerockstar.com which is not available in the gallery, as a paid member we also want to have our custom header.

Well spotted, it's because we are testing this feature right now and once it's thoroughly tested it will be available for everyone very soon :)

•••
Would it be possible to add an option to ignore the logo picture for the efty landers. Since having a good logo AND using efty landers (rather than forwarding to marketplace page) is difficult due to the background.

Thanks.

Good point. I will look into this.

I wanted to share a teaser of two new marketplace themes we're currently working on. Because the current two themes (Borgen and Sands) have a rather large header image which is claiming a lot of space above the fold a lot of you guys requested a theme that would promote your domains more prominently right from the homepage.

Expect two new marketplace designs to hit the theme gallery later this month!

marketplace design 1.png

marketplace design 2.png

•••
Efty market.png
We're putting the finishing touches to the new marketplace design as we speak. You can list domains with or without logos so it's going to be a great feature for brandable enthusiasts too. Here's another sneak peak of one of the two designs that we will push live very soon.

•••
@Potential.Domains good questions. I'll check with our dev team and get back to you on that one.

@Grego85 - good news, we're working on allowing everyone to upload their own background images. Keep an eye on our newsletter for the announcement. As for the logo's, it's important that you eliminate any white space before you upload them. Feel free to email me yours and I may be able to help make things look better. As for now you can only assign one category to each domain.

•••
All inbound direct, efty landing pages

So no commissions!
You might make me take a second look at efty.. them brokers at DNS aint doing me no justice.. with them scripted responses...

Congrats on those excellent sales!!

Last edited:
•••
I'm using efty for my own marketplace you guys can check it out if you want NameBoat.com i have nothing but good things to say about it. I have made a few sales to domainers from it and just had my first enduser sale yesterday.

•••
May I ask if this is the same thing Adam Dicker was offering ...... pay for sales mini site for your names (sorry I have not read the whole thread)

No, Efty is a very versital platform. I originally subscribed for it's domain management software, which databases your names, including where you are marketing them, costs and fees of purchase and ownership, keeps track of your upcoming renewals and even estimates the expected Renewal costs for each month.

After subscribing I found the landing page feature. A lot like Afternic landing pages, but you are dealing directly with potential buyers, thus no commission. And you can cascade it all done to your own marketplace using your own domain name.

This comes all comes with one monthly ( or annual ) fee which is very affordable. You can use any or all features as you see fit. No extra costs. I am sold on the platform.

I am not associated with Efty in anyway. Just a happy customer.

•••
I signed up for efty a couple weeks ago and have been slowly migrating my domains and setting up my marketplace. So far so good...

I'm ready to start uploading logos and have been shopping around on fiverr for a designer. I don't know much about graphic design and am using the specifications from elsewhere in this thread:
I'm going to need a lot of them so I need to keep it cheap. There seem to be a lot of $5 deals - some are 2 logos for $5 (even better..!) But the cheaper deals don't include vector and source files. Are these necessary (or recommended)? What about high resolution and transparency?

Many thanks!

How are you getting on?

I have some experience creating logos for my own marketplace and I am about to start offering a logo design service for other efty marketplace owners.

I am currently in the process of creating a portfolio of the different styles we can offer, from plain text to 'brandbucket' / 'brandroot' style logos.

Reasonable pricing for other NP members $1 - $5 dollars per logo. Based on order quantity and your specific requirements.

I will be creating a thread later on in the week, displaying the different styles and our pricing structure.

For now if you or anybody else is interested, contact me by pm so we can discuss further. I will be happy to send over some logo designs or prepare a sample batch using your names.

***DISCLAIMER***
I would just like to make it clear I am in no way affiliated with efty besides being a user of their service myself.

If you are wondering where the link to my marketplace is?
It's coming very soon!

Last edited:
•••
Well I just signed up for Efty. Lks decent. Just one question. Under insights therr is the inquiries link. When I click and it shows test inquiry which I created , I dont see a way to reply.Am I supposed to just reply from the email which I received the inquiry on? Isnt it like Uniregistry where you can keep a whole conversation ?

You currently can respond directly to inquiries and offers via email. We're considering adding a simple CRM in which you can respond and manage leads from within the application next year. Currently, we're working on integrating two more payment partners to the platform. This should roll out the first half of January and make a lot of you guys quite happy :)

•••
Hi everyone, I wanted to share we've added 22 new marketplace categories + matching For-Sale landing pages for each of them to the platform. We've tried adding the most requested categories. If yours is still missing please do let us know and we'll do our best to add another batch in the coming months.

Fashion
Family
Infants & Children
Emoji
Internationalized domains
Cannabis
Gambling
Cryptocurrency
Pets & Animals
Virtual Reality
Automotive
Electronics
Advertising & Marketing
Drones
Dating
Blockchain
Environment
Science
Software
Internet of Things (IoT)
Mobile
Lifestyle

Lot's more improvements and new features planned for the coming months!

•••
A couple of quick updates. We've added three new "Call to action" landing pages to the platform. These are great of those of you that are comfortable to take a call from a prospective buyer or if you work with an inbound broker to handle your leads. You can see an example of this lander at http://www.nametastic.com/

Currently, our development focus is on enabling SSL (https instead of http) for the marketplaces and I hope we can ship this feature in the coming weeks.

•••
The main drawback with the Efty platform is that the search tool takes up most of the page whenever you load a page or hit a category button.

We will add more themes to our marketplace gallery within the next few months, including one with a smaller header so the domains are placed above the fold.

•••
May give efty a try, I like the marketplace option

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back