Dynadot

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just realised that we have our "forum name" attached to all domains we list for sale at Dynadot – the landing pages may not show it but the marketplace does. Its a huge privacy risk since people can scrape the marketplace to get your portfolio and if for example one of your names previously had no data protection these people will get to know your personal data. I would like to opt out of it and have all my listings completely anonymous, without my "forum name".

•••
I just realised that we have our "forum name" attached to all domains we list for sale at Dynadot – the landing pages may not show it but the marketplace does. Its a huge privacy risk since people can scrape the marketplace to get your portfolio and if for example one of your names previously had no data protection these people will get to know your personal data. I would like to opt out of it and have all my listings completely anonymous, without my "forum name".
I agree. They actually used to show your entire portfolio of names for sale. At least they only show the forum name now. But it should be possible to opt-out.

•••
For example, Dynadot claims that the domain forwarding supports httpS. Fine. Yesterday I configured forwarding for 1 domain. So far, visiting the httpS: //thisdomain shows an error - incorrect ssl certificate. Dynadot forwarding system did not yet generate SSL certificate for the domain in question, after almost 24 hours! Why is this? Your competitor Porkbun is able to generate ssl certificates instantly.
Would you be able to PM me your Username and the domain you set so I can take a look at that for you? As our Forwarding does support https!
Regular shutdowns for planned maintenance. Credit card processing issues where the orders are stalled until we contact live chat asking them to process.
Apologies for those, we are currently working on downtimes, and we are working on new solutions to help with smoothing out order processing with our fraud indicators.
Even a small thing (2fa text "please enter your google code", which is illogical since there are different authenticators available, not exclusively google ones) was reported months ago but is still not fixed.
Our engineers have let me know that this should be changed fairly soon to display just "Token Code" instead of "Google Code"
Saying nothing about bulk/superbulk pricing access rules - if I sold a domain on dynadot marketplace and used the proceeds to purchase or renew services, this would not be counted in annual spending...
I hear you on this. So the reason that works as is, is because the proceeds are processed into your account the same way account prepay is, and the system doesn't differentiate them. Since only adding prepay counts towards the yearly spending and not using it, any account proceeds are not counted towards yearly spending. I've brought this up with our team to discuss, but for now if you do have a large amount of spending using domain sale proceeds, please let us know and we can look into getting you into Super Bulk if you would have reached the requirement otherwise.

•••
We originally had that implemented as we had gotten requests from some of our users that wanted their portfolios to be public, but I certainly see what you mean by wanting to have it private for security's sake. I have let our aftermarket team know about this for us to look into adding! Thanks for your feedback!

•••
Would you be able to PM me your Username and the domain you set so I can take a look at that for you? As our Forwarding does support https!
Sometimes, letsencrypt refuses to issue certificates if they think that the domain is similar to a known TM and may be used for phishing. They are not always right and innocent domains may be affected. In this particular case, the domain in question already has a history with letsencrypt (it had their ssl as it was previously parked with bodis). The ssl history is public, available via crt.sh for example, and reviewing it makes it clear that:
- the domain is not blocked by letsencrypt.
- dynadot did not request/install the ssl certificate yet.
As such, it does not appear that the issue is specific to this particular domain. I also remember that in earlier cases dynadot was very slow with issuing ssl. I will now PM you the domain to check though, thanks a lot :)

•••
Good news, our team has agreed to add this feature to our system soon! There will be an option in the account to hide your forum name on the marketplace.

•••
•••
Could be an option to filter out IDNs in Expired Domain Auctions.

•••
•••
Hey Everyone,

Just letting you know we're currently having a .COM Registration Sale for all regular priced .COM's.

It is a $8.99 .COM sale, on now until 2023/01/31 23:59 UTC! No coupon code is necessary.

Cheers,
Caleb

•••
Could be an option to filter out IDNs in Expired Domain Auctions.
Our team has agreed to add this option to our Expired Auctions! It will be active on our site in the near future.

•••
Could you optimize the nameservers selection so that dropdown menu can be used to pick a full set of saved nameservers? I can't see the scenario where anyone would possibly want to use NS1.DAN.COM with NS2.BRANDBUCKET.COM, people always need the complete set.

•••
Could you optimize the nameservers selection so that dropdown menu can be used to pick a full set of saved nameservers? I can't see the scenario where anyone would possibly want to use NS1.DAN.COM with NS2.BRANDBUCKET.COM, people always need the complete set.
Sure I can bring that up for us to look at adding!

(Edit). We actually have the Name Server template you can create and then set to a domain without having to add both servers individually! Let me know if you were looking for something a little different!

Attachments

• Screenshot (15).png
    Screenshot (15).png
    59.1 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot (16).png
    Screenshot (16).png
    57.7 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
•••
(Edit). We actually have the Name Server template you can create and then set to a domain without having to add both servers individually! Let me know if you were looking for something a little different!
Amazing, somehow I didn't notice that. It even automatically detects already configured domains as using the template after its added.

•••
The make offer landing page does not process the number correctly when there's a stray zero:

•••
The make offer landing page does not process the number correctly when there's a stray zero:
Thanks for letting us know! Our engineers are currently fixing this.

•••
Hey Everyone,

Just letting you know we're currently having a .COM Registration Sale for all regular priced .COM's.

It is a $8.99 .COM sale, on now until 2023/01/31 23:59 UTC! No coupon code is necessary.

Cheers,
Caleb
Cool. Need to sell some domains and i go to reg new ones.

•••
I've been having trouble logging into Dynadot for about a week now. Every time I request the SMS code to be sent, I never receive it. This didn't happen before, only this week. I have several domains expiring this week that I need to renew ASAP.

Can someone get back to me? Username sent via DM.

Thanks

•••
Can someone get back to me? Username sent via DM.
Hi Scott, Sorry to hear that! Please DM me your username and I'll take a look into that for you!

•••
I sold a domain yesterday and I couldn't push it to Dan. After series of effort

It will be very heartbroken if I lose my fund.

Please help me with internal push

•••
I sold a domain yesterday and I couldn't push it to Dan. After series of effort

It will be very heartbroken if I lose my fund.

Please help me with internal push
I have just sent you a DM, please respond and I can look into this for you!

•••
I've responded. Check your dm

•••
For your marketplace listings, I think you should remove the cents from the price/make offer. It makes it harder to enter an offer price, and just showing a dollar amount looks simpler.

•••
For your marketplace listings, I think you should remove the cents from the price/make offer. It makes it harder to enter an offer price, and just showing a dollar amount looks simpler.
Sure thing, I'll bring it up with the team to see if its something we'd consider. Would you prefer that on the make offer landing page as well? Thanks for the feedback!

Last edited:
•••
Sure thing, I'll bring it up with the team to see if its something we'd consider. Would you prefer that on the make offer landing page as well? Thanks for the feedback!
That sounds good, thanks. I would prefer that on the make offer page as well, but others might disagree.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back