Dynadot

Avoid Dynadot, worse and worse service.

NameSilo
Watch
Hello,

Unfortunately we don't have an update on the policy at this time, our team are still working on adjusting this policy.

Best Regards,
Bill Smith
Dynadot Support Team

--------------------------------------------------
DYNADOT | $8.99 .com domains / free privacy / free website
http://www.dynadot.com

> Hi,
>
> Would you be so kind to update this?
>
> It's 13 days since
>
> our team are currently working on removing the 5-day processing period due to feedback from yourself and other customers.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dynadot’s rule on expired domain obviously violates ICANN's policies.

Dynadot’s rule,

https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/unlock-expired-domain

How do I unlock my domain after it has expired?

Please note that this process does not actually unlock your domain for you. An unlock request will give you the ability to unlock the domain 5 days after the unlock request was submitted.

ICANN's policies

https://www.icann.org/news/advisory-2008-04-03-en

Registrar Advisory Concerning the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy

1. Registrars are prohibited from denying a domain name transfer request based on non-payment of fees for pending or future registration periods during the Auto-Renew Grace Period.

https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/transfer-policy-2015-09-24-en

TRANSFER POLICY

5.1 Subject to ICANN specifications or policies and any applicable laws or regulations, Registrars must follow the requirements set forth below.

Registrars may only set a domain name in "ClientTransferProhibited" status upon registration or subsequent request by the Registered Name Holder, provided, however, that the Registrar includes in its registration agreement (obtaining the express consent of the Registered Name Holder) the terms and conditions upon which it prohibits transfer of the domain name. Further, the Registrar must remove the "ClientTransferProhibited" status within five (5) calendar days of the Registered Name Holder's initial request if the Registrar does not provide facilities for the Registered Name Holder to remove the "ClientTransferProhibited" status.

Last edited:
•••
so it looks like they are right in the limit of the 5 day max given by icann?

•••
Hello,

We do understand your concern regarding the rules for expired domains, our team are currently working on removing the 5-day processing period due to feedback from yourself and other customers, however I can assure you we are currently operating within ICANN's rules and registrations.

Best Regards,
Bill Smith
Dynadot Support Team

Last edited:
•••
yeah this is just awful
I recently had a small $50 flippa sale.. and had to provide all kinds of explanations to buyer why he'll be waiting to get his transfer code for a full 5 days.

not sure what they are trying to accomplish... maybe get people to renew the name so that this lock can be removed right away? I guess that'd be one way to make some extra cahs

Last edited:
•••
I do not think after 5 days are the same as within 5 days.

•••
I do not think after 5 days are the same as within 5 days.

well.. I mean... its right on the dot.

I requested my code 13th august... 3pm est.
and I got it today.. 18th.. around maybe 12-1pm.

seems they are really pushing it.

I guess when yuou make silly rules like this while claiming they are somehow necessary.. yet your the only registrar doing it... then obviously you will have people wondering all kinds of weird things about your company and if your company isn't playing weird tricks on clients.

this is why this nonsense shoudl be immediately abolished. with so many other registrar choices around.. it doesn't take too much for people to start moving their stuff elsewhere. imo

Last edited:
•••
Registrars may only set a domain name in "ClientTransferProhibited" status upon registration or subsequent request by the Registered Name Holder.

But Dyandot will lock your expired domains without your permission and change the whois info to theirs.

Last edited:
•••
•••
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/transfer-policy-2016-06-01-en

Requirements for the "ClientTransferProhibited" Status and "AuthInfo" Codes
5.1 Subject to ICANN specifications or policies and any applicable laws or regulations, Registrars must follow the requirements set forth below.

Registrars may only set a domain name in "ClientTransferProhibited" status upon registration or subsequent request by the Registered Name Holder, provided, however, that the Registrar includes in its registration agreement (obtaining the express consent of the Registered Name Holder) the terms and conditions upon which it prohibits transfer of the domain name. Further, the Registrar must remove the "ClientTransferProhibited" status within five (5) calendar days of the Registered Name Holder's initial request if the Registrar does not provide facilities for the Registered Name Holder to remove the "ClientTransferProhibited" status.

Last edited:
•••
@Dynadot is available to throw some light here ?

•••
Think twice before you use Dynadot β€˜s whois privacy service.

It’s not a real privacy whois service which will automatically and simultaneously forwards the incoming emails to you.

The Dynadot support will manually peep at every incoming emails later and only forward those they think necessary.

Last edited:
•••
There is 1 error
  • The name servers ns1.dynadot.com and ns2.dynadot.com can only be used with one of the Dynadot services like parking or forwarding.

•••
I had a domain on dynadot that has been expired for well over a week, i spoke to one of the guys on live chat and they unlocked it so i could obtain the transfer code. Took just a couple of minutes.

I must have been lucky

•••
I had a domain on dynadot that has been expired for well over a week, i spoke to one of the guys on live chat and they unlocked it so i could obtain the transfer code. Took just a couple of minutes.

I must have been lucky

either that or they read this thread.

•••
teamdynadot replied cryptoinvestor1 :

You could add a forwarding record to forward your root domain to any of an existing url like www.dynadot.com and then add the txt record to get it work. The DNS will need at least a root record before it could work.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Dynadot blocked URL forwarding to Godaddy premium listing
upload_2018-8-21_15-3-46.png

•••
Think twice before you use Dynadot β€˜s whois privacy service.

It’s not a real privacy whois service which will automatically and simultaneously forwards the incoming emails to you.

The Dynadot support will manually peep at every incoming emails later and only forward those they think necessary.
thats why i do not use Dynadot

•••
mine was maybe 6 months ago now so i doubt it was that :)

ah ok u didnt say ..that explains it all... this rule is few months old i think

•••
•••
I can not avoid Dynadot. They have a very good price.
I have already with them since 2010, and I dont face any problem.

•••
It's 20 days since

Bill Smith
Dynadot Support Team

said,

our team are currently working on removing the 5-day processing period.

•••
Hello,

The full ICANN policy does state that the registrar can place locks if outlined in their service agreement. Their full policy states:

"Registrars may only set a domain name in "ClientTransferProhibited" status upon registration or subsequent request by the Registered Name Holder, provided, however, that the Registrar includes in its registration agreement (obtaining the express consent of the Registered Name Holder) the terms and conditions upon which it prohibits transfer of the domain name."

Our service agreement also states that we may modify the agreement at anytime. We do understand that you are not happy with the policy on unlocking expired domains, but unfortunately we don't have an update at this time. We are hoping to have the new policy ready shortly, as soon as we have an update on that we'll let you know.

Best regards,
Bill Smith

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back