IT.COM

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi All,

We're currently having a week long .COM Registration Sale for all regular priced .COM's.

The sale is for $8.75 .COM, on now until 2023/02/07 23:59 UTC! No coupon code is necessary.

-Caleb

EDIT: We are officially extending the sale another week! It is now active until 2023/02/14 23:59 UTC.

Last edited:
•••
Started Convo Re: Order 1233****. Hoping you resolve this. Thanks.

•••
@Dynadot I encountered this problem when I opened dynadot.com unless I opened using a VPN, can you help?

cert-error.jpg

cert-error-mobile.jpg

EDIT:
Problem has been solved!

Last edited:
•••
Why does this take so long?

Referrals can take up to 30-60 days to fully process.

•••
I see you have implemented Apple Pay, any plans to include Google Pay?

•••
•••
Why does this take so long?
Good question! We do this mainly to prevent fraud and to make sure the referral system is not abused.

•••
I see you have implemented Apple Pay, any plans to include Google Pay?
While we don't have any immediate plans, I'll certainly let our team know there is a demand for it to see if we can add it in!

•••
Hello,

We've just launched our biggest .COM Transfer Sale yet!

Please use COMSWITCH at checkout for $8.95 on ALL Regular priced .COM Transfers! The Coupon is active until 3/1/23 0:00 UTC (while supplies last). Happy Transferring!

-Caleb

Last edited:
•••
cant log-in, the sms messaging is not working. Can someone help. ty.

•••
cant log-in, the sms messaging is not working. Can someone help. ty.
Hello, it looks like our SMS 2FA setting is currently having some issues our team is looking into. If you require immediate access into your account, please email our team [email protected]! I apologize for any inconvenience this causes!

Last edited:
•••
anyone having trouble registering domains at dd today? got "order received" email at 11:18 AM but not "domain registered" email. they usually come a couple of minutes apart.

•••
anyone having trouble registering domains at dd today? got "order received" email at 11:18 AM but not "domain registered" email. they usually come a couple of minutes apart.
Hello, Could you please DM me your Order Number? I can take a look to see if there's any reason its not completing!

•••
anyone having trouble registering domains at dd today? got "order received" email at 11:18 AM but not "domain registered" email. they usually come a couple of minutes apar
Hello, Could you please DM me your Order Number? I can take a look to see if there's any reason its not completing!
name is now in account. thank you calebdynadot

•••
Started Convo Re: Order 1233****. Hoping you resolve this. Thanks.
'Order Received' email arrived @ 14:13 on 20th January 2023. What time did you manually cancel the renewal order because of the $40 late fee that was not requested at checkout?

I am asking given your email to me as screenshot'd, and the Whois data screenshot too.

Fix this now, Dynadot. Restore the 4 names at your cost and return them to my account.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230208-105607.png
    Screenshot_20230208-105607.png
    238.5 KB · Views: 45
•••
'Order Received' email arrived @ 14:13 on 20th January 2023. What time did you manually cancel the renewal order because of the $40 late fee that was not requested at checkout?

I am asking given your email to me as screenshot'd, and the Whois data screenshot too.

Fix this now, Dynadot. Restore the 4 names at your cost and return them to my account.
Please check your DMs

•••
Hi, blocked out of my account again cause of the sms 2fa system. Can someone help? tyvm. :)

•••
Hi, blocked out of my account again cause of the sms 2fa system. Can someone help? tyvm. :)
Could you DM me your Username please? I'll take a look for you. The SMS issue from yesterday had been resolved so we shouldn't still be running into that!

•••
•••
•••
1675910453714.png
Dear Dynadot Team,

As a long term user request you to keep both methods (Dynadot Forum Name and the newly planned username) for domain push available.

Revealing Username leads to a much higher security risk, and in case someone purposely tries to login using that it will lead to account lockouts and having to reach out to support (ultimately expending time for both parties besides verification of documents etc.)

Since feedback has been quoted as the initiation of this major change, please take this feedback - continue to keep Dynadot Forum Name as a valid method for account changes, and additionally introduce the username method if someone wants to use. Having both methods should not be a major hassle and protects the interests of all parties.

This is just my opinion for one of the best registrars in the industry.

Thanks

@Dynadot @calebdynadot - please consider this feedback. There are many more things that can be improved, but don't destroy a running process unless there is something in the background that we are not aware of.

Last edited:
•••
I'm not sure if there's any imminent plans to add those options for our payouts unfortunately, but I will pass the request on to our team. Our team are currently looking into have Payooner added as a payment method however.

Just need clarification on this part:
Payooner added as a payment method

Did you mean to say "Payooner added as a payout method"?

•••
Payoneer payouts? Dynadot might want to check what happened after DAN announced this option instead of wires:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/dan-com-domain-marketplace-official-thread.1148567/page-184#posts
(Long story short, many customers said that they will leave DAN as the result, so DAN was forced to still offer normal bankwires).

With paypal only payouts, Dynadot is actually forcing non-US sellers NOT to use the marketplace. Why? OK, maybe you do not see the below facts from US, but the facts are:

- Firsrt, paypal will charge %%% for receiving Dynadot payout, as Dynadot is unable to use masspay.

- Second, non-US sellers need to convert US$ to their local currency, such as Euros, in order to withdraw from paypal outside US. The exchange rate is not favorable, a few %%% are added. This is how paypal makes money. Profitable sellers do need to withdraw funds, because they are profitable, please think about it.

- The last but not the least, if a domainer still needs USD$, he will then convert received (Euros) back to USD using their bank exchange rate.

All the above makes paypal withdrawal from Dynadot too expensive.

In light of recent afternic developements, did Dynadot notice that many sellers, both from US and from outside US, stopped using Dynadot landers?

Assuming that Dynadot does want to save its marketplace, and remain competitive, the only way to do so is to start offering normal bank wire payouts in USD. Not payoneer. This will make your marketplace usable for non-US sellers. Also, adding crypto will help.

@calebdynadot

Last edited:
•••
Show attachment 231825Dear Dynadot Team,

As a long term user request you to keep both methods (Dynadot Forum Name and the newly planned username) for domain push available.

Revealing Username leads to a much higher security risk, and in case someone purposely tries to login using that it will lead to account lockouts and having to reach out to support (ultimately expending time for both parties besides verification of documents etc.)

Since feedback has been quoted as the initiation of this major change, please take this feedback - continue to keep Dynadot Forum Name as a valid method for account changes, and additionally introduce the username method if someone wants to use. Having both methods should not be a major hassle and protects the interests of all parties.

This is just my opinion for one of the best registrars in the industry.

Thanks

@Dynadot @calebdynadot - please consider this feedback. There are many more things that can be improved, but don't destroy a running process unless there is something in the background that we are not aware of.
I agree. I liked the method of using forum names for security reasons. I do understand that using usernames is more common, but it would be great to have both options.

On a positive note, Dynadot has listened to us and now gives us the option to remove our forum name from marketplace listings.

Last edited:
•••
Revealing Username leads to a much higher security risk
Afaik, you can change both dynadot password AND username anytime. So, if you have to receive (or send) domain push - a workaround may be changing the username before the process, and reverting it back later.
In any case, Dynadot might want to make sure not to reveal sending usernames to receiving accounts (as it serves no purpose).

•••
Back