NameSilo
 23:07:12:50 

Dynadot Official Thread

Located in Domain Registrar Reviews, started by Dynadot, May 5, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Embrand

Embrand Top Contributor VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

It seems to be mostly when I try to manage my domains (view all of them at once). Normally the system is fast.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. harshgupta

harshgupta Top Contributor VIP

site down again huh !!

:(

not good

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  3. Dynadot

Dynadot Top Member Dynadot Staff VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Thank you for letting us know @Embrand, and I'm sorry to hear that you're still experiencing issues with the speed of the site. I'm not aware of any other reports of the site running slowly at the moment, would it be possible to PM us with your Dynadot username, as well as the type of device and web browser you're using to access Dynadot.com? This should help our engineers diagnose any problems and have this resolved.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  4. Dynadot

Our team hasn't been able to make any changes at this time, unfortunately, but have confirmed that they're working to improve our transfer-in processes to speed those up.

For transfers away from Dynadot, a number of issues could affect the processing time. It can sometimes take up to 1-2 hours for us to receive a transfer request from the gaining registrar, and if we receive that at a time when our order processing system, or email queue, is particularly busy then there may be delays with the approval email being sent out, unfortunately. Otherwise, we would create a transfer way order and send out the approval email as soon as the transfer request has been received by our system.

5. Dynadot

I'm sorry about that, I see that the site did go down for around 45-60 minutes around the same time as your post. Our engineers have looked into the issue and taken action, so the website should now be stable and there shouldn't be any issues persisting at this time.

6. simmplex

simmplex VIP Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

@Dynadot

Than you for your quick update.
    My suggestion is asking the guy who disigned the old transfer system back or offering him a parttime job.
    And lower the salary of your current tech team leader.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  7. capybara

capybara Upgraded Member Gold Account

What is the purpose of the auction lock? Can the auction-locked domain still be recovered by the previous owner? Or is it a measure against suspicious buyers?

8. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

The only one registrar with a few "maintenance" downtimes daily...
    No competition at all.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
  9. chenzen

chenzen Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

@Dynadot Ok, I have a problem! I won a .cn domain in a backorder auction. But they are asking for passport, which I don't have. I assumed any ID card would do, but it seems that's only an option for the Chinese citizens. If you look at here (https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/cn-domain-settings), it's not specified that I need a passport. But here (https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/submit-cn-audit-docs) you see, as a non-chinese individual I must have a passport.
    I have gone ahead and submitted my PAN Card (Indian Government issued tax ID card), I don't think it will work.
    What is my other options?

10. simmplex

Maybe it's time for Dynadot to hire a new tech team leader.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
  11. Embrand

Embrand Top Contributor VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

The site is still very slow when it comes to viewing all domains in the account. It takes me about one minute to load the "Manage Domains" section.

I have tried on different devices and IP addresses and deleted cache and cookies. Is anyone else experiencing this?

12. Dynadot

The auction lock doesn't allow the domain to be recovered by the previous owner, once their grace renewal period has ended they wouldn't be able to recover the domain name. The auction lock period allows our team to carry out our standard fraud-prevention checks when necessary, but also provides some time in which our team can investigate the auction itself if there is any suspicion of shill bidding in the auction. Our team has confirmed that they are looking into the possibility of reducing the length of the auction lock however, so we may be able to reduce the current 15-day lock in the future.

13. Dynadot

Unfortunately, for non-Chinese registrants the central registry will only accept a passport as identification during the audit process. Due to this, the audit will likely fail. Did you by chance have a business or organization you could list as the registrant in your contact record? If so, you could update your contact record to include the organization name, and then submit business documents to the central registry for audit rather than your personal identification.

14. Dynadot

I'm not sure what's causing this unfortunately, we haven't received any other similar reports recently. Thank you for PM'ing us with your system information, I've sent a reply and will have your information passed to our engineering team so they can investigate this. I'll get back to you via PM once we have more information from the team.

15. ReallyBigIdea.com

ReallyBigIdea.com Established Member

Hi, @Dynadot current status for domain is forwarded how to add a txt record without disable forwarding ?

16. Dynadot

You can use our DNS service to forward your domain name, so that the domain will continue to be forwarded whilst also allowing you to add the TXT record and any other DNS records you might need. To do so, you'd just need to follow the steps in this guide:

How do I forward my domain using Dynadot Advanced DNS?https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/DNS-forwarding

Once you've set up your forward records using our DNS service, you can add the TXT record by following the steps here:

How do I enter a TXT record for my domain?
    https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/create-TXT-record

17. Silentptnr

Silentptnr Top Contributor VIP

Hi @Dynadot !

Big fan.

If you are taking suggestions, I have one. Not sure it's possible but...

When I go to "My Domains", it would be nice to be able to search for several domain names using a comma or something. It would be particularly helpful for example, when I have to approve Afternic fast transfer for multiple domains.

It might already be possible using a sort or filter, but I'm not aware of it.

Thanks!

EDIT: I FIGURED IT OUT. :)

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
  18. Silentptnr

Silentptnr Top Contributor VIP

Maybe a hint below the search bar for dummies like me. :)

You must include the domain +extension with comma or space between each name.

19. Dynadot

Thank you for the feedback, I've passed this on to our team and asked if we can have a note added below the search bar to make the requirements clearer.

20. ReallyBigIdea.com

21. ReallyBigIdea.com

Can't find my market listing list. it was removed? I like more previously designed Dynadot interface it was better. imo

22. Dynadot

A market listing could be removed if the domain expires, but otherwise a listing wouldn't usually be removed by our system or our team. Could you please PM us with the domain name and your Dynadot username and we can look into what's happened there.

23. ReallyBigIdea.com

misunderstanding.. I mean all listings. How to find my listings on control panel?

24. simmplex

in processing queue (usually processed within 24 hours)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
  25. Dynadot

You should be able to find a full list of your current marketplace listings here:

https://www.dynadot.com/account/marketplace/my_marketplace/

You can also use the filters on the 'Manage Domain' page to show only domains listed for sale by using the 'For Sale' filter option.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice