Dynadot

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Last edited:
•••
Interesting - it looks like Dynadot will soon offer payment plans. At least it shows in the account menu, but if you try to list a name for sale at the marketplace, installments are still not an option.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-06 at 18.00.02.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-06 at 18.00.02.png
    42.9 KB · Views: 165
•••
Interesting - it looks like Dynadot will soon offer payment plans. At least it shows in the account menu, but if you try to list a name for sale at the marketplace, installments are still not an option.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Update: It has been implemented now. It is possible to offer installment plans of up to 12 months. Great news!

•••
@Dynadot can you change the wording in 2fa invitation ("Please enter your Google code")? I am trying to be google-free :) As much as possible. And, I am not using Google Authenticator. There are a lot of opensource alternatives!

•••
@Dynadot can you change the wording in 2fa invitation ("Please enter your Google code")? I am trying to be google-free :) As much as possible. And, I am not using Google Authenticator. There are a lot of opensource alternatives!
Thank you for the feedback, I've passed that on to our team to check if the wording can be changed for two-factor authentication.

•••
@Dynadot still no re reg coupon? com reg: 7.28 on Namecheap (couponfcnc), 7.99 on Dynadot

•••
@Dynadot still no re reg coupon? com reg: 7.28 on Namecheap (couponfcnc), 7.99 on Dynadot
I'm sorry, we don't have any active re-registration coupons, unfortunately. As our team run sales and promotions on a monthly basis, then April is likely the earliest that we might see a new re-registration promotion, unfortunately.

•••
Dynadot you need to get rid of 15 day domain auction lock for domains under $100 for PRO accounts, especially ones who used aged funds to pay for the domains.

It's a great platform but so many little loopholes you have for PRO users that make it hard to use at times, your only hindering your own progress, and that of your clients at times.

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for the feedback @wwwweb , our team are working on plans to reduce the auction lock period but at this time we don't have any specific information on what changes may be made, unfortunately. We'll post an update when we have more information on that.

•••
Dynadot, can we please have some clarification on your slow order processing. I am consolidating registrars and decided to add Dynadot based on the user feedback in this forum. However, my experience with Dynadot thus far has been negative. New domain orders, new transfers and new prepayment orders are stuck in the processing status for many hours making Dynadot unusable. Support did address and complete one order but I am attempting to transfer several hundred names and do not have the time to be dealing with support so frequently.

Using prepayment funds does expedite the process but adding the funds takes a very long time. Are you waiting for batch settlement to credit the account? All other registrars I use process and credit payments immediately based on the authorization.

The standard response appears to be that you are aware of the issue and are working to correct it. It is not getting corrected though. If your approach is to wait for settlement before crediting accounts please disclose this so that customers who require immediate processing can look elsewhere.

•••

Attachments

• dd.png
    dd.png
    101.3 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
•••
•••
@Dynadot

plz..I mean come on.. have you no concept of what annoying is?

everytime i login to dyna I see android prompt asking me if I want to get dyna app. no. I do not want the app. cause the web is much better. and the app is like something u wrote in 5.mins

can u plz kindly remove this prompt or just ask once and save answer

this is an outrage that u can deliberately annoy people like this.

to top it all clicking continue actually takes to the play store many times.

plz I beg u
..do it.
and do not put it on yer feedback list cause we all know how that story ends.

ty

•••
•••
@Dynadot ok so someone tried push name to me..we made typo cause were human..but it was going to that other user..support fixed.it on time... are u saying u got zero protection against typo..and if other member accept push.. we.gotta beg him to return and u offer no help? that's a terrible push system if true...can u improve? ty

•••
we made typo cause were human
You made a typo because you didn't do a simple copy-paste. Try to send money by paypal to the wrong email address and see what happens. Or push a domain to the wrong email address somewhere else and see what happens.
They already said it, before you do a domain push, check it very well, because once it's done, it's done.
If it was your mistake, it was your mistake, not Dynadot's mistake. But they already solved your mistake, so why they should improve for something you did it wrong?
Tip: Next time, check it twice, or three times, before you send or type your username or forum name to do a domain push, simple.

Last edited:
•••
You made a typo because you didn't do a simple copy-paste. Try to send money by paypal to the wrong email address and see what happens. Or push a domain to the wrong email address somewhere else and see what happens.
They already said it, before you do a domain push, check it very well, because once it's done, it's done.
If it was your mistake, it was your mistake, not Dynadot's mistake. But they already solved your mistake, so why they should improve for something you did it wrong?
Tip: Next time, check it twice, or three times, before you send or type your username or forum name to do a domain push, simple.

they should improve cause all other registrars do it better

simple non?

•••
they should improve cause all other registrars do it better

simple non?
All other registrars also ask you for your username or your email to do a domain push. Dynadot ask you for your forum name, there's nothing different there.
But nobody will prevent you from entering your wrong email or username because you haven't done a simple copy-paste.

Last edited:
•••
All other registrars also ask you for your username or your email to do a domain push. Dynadot ask you for your forum name, there's nothing different there.
But nobody will prevent you from entering your wrong email or username because you haven't done a simple copy-pate. Simple non?

lol if u see no diff between dyna asking just simple name and others asking name plus email then just go back to yer own galaxy where they think like u.

•••
lol if u see no diff between dyna asking just simple name and others asking name plus email then just go back to yer own galaxy where they think like u.
Again, in case you struggle reading, almost all registrars out there ask you only for your email, or username, or in Dynadot's case, for your forum name, to do a domain push.
If you still don't get it, you can stay on your own galaxy and enjoy there.

•••
Again, in case you struggle reading, almost all registrars out there ask you only for your email, or username, or in Dynadot's case, for your forum name, to do a domain push.
If you still don't get it, you can stay on your own galaxy and enjoy there.

just improve.
save yerself and others problems. ask name plus email. not hard

google it
how many people made typos. then u understand

now really go back to yer galaxy perfect beings who never make typos. bon voyage.

Last edited:
•••
just improve.
save yerself and others problems

google it
how many people made typos. then u understand

now really go back to yer galaxy perfect beings who never make typos. bon voyage.
I don't need to google nothing. I have done many pushes on many registrars and 100% just ask you for username or email address.
Next time, do not type your username, email or forum name, but instead do a COPY/PASTE so you won't make again a mess and send a typo when pushing a domain name.
You are welcome.

•••
Dynadot, can we please have some clarification on your slow order processing. I am consolidating registrars and decided to add Dynadot based on the user feedback in this forum. However, my experience with Dynadot thus far has been negative. New domain orders, new transfers and new prepayment orders are stuck in the processing status for many hours making Dynadot unusable. Support did address and complete one order but I am attempting to transfer several hundred names and do not have the time to be dealing with support so frequently.

Using prepayment funds does expedite the process but adding the funds takes a very long time. Are you waiting for batch settlement to credit the account? All other registrars I use process and credit payments immediately based on the authorization.

The standard response appears to be that you are aware of the issue and are working to correct it. It is not getting corrected though. If your approach is to wait for settlement before crediting accounts please disclose this so that customers who require immediate processing can look elsewhere.
I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues with order processing, our team has been working hard to optimize the orders process and orders should be processing as normal currently. Some orders may be delayed if our system flags them for manual approval however, and this can be more likely for new accounts and prepayment orders. If you would like to PM us with your Dynadot username we can take a look at your account to check why recent orders may have been delayed.

When processing prepayment orders we add the funds to the account balance as soon as the payment has been received and the order processed, if the order doesn't require manual approval then the funds should be credited to your account within 1-2 minutes. There can still be some delays with all order types during peak periods however, such as around the .COM drop time or if we receive a very high volume of orders in a short period of time, but the changes our team has implemented should help to reduce the length and frequency of processing delays.

•••
Name Server: NS1.DYNADOT.COM
Name Server: NS2.DYNADOT.COM

Down now?

http://dynadot.info/
We did experience intermittent downtime with our name servers and DNS servers due to DDoS attacks on Friday, March 19 unfortunately. We're sorry for any trouble caused by the downtime.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back