Dynadot

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm delighted to hear that, and thank you for joining us! You can always find our monthly sales and promotions here:

We also send out a monthly newsletter with our latest sales, promotions and coupon codes. If you'd like me to check if your account is on our mailing list, or have your account added, please just send us your username in a private message and we can check your account.
Thank you. I’ll check that link. Keep up the great work.

•••
A small thing, but in the "Manage Domains" section, if you choose to display the "Other Registrars" tab, the tab says "Other Registar" without the second "r".

•••
Would be convenient to have saved Dynadot DNS profiles which could be applied after registration as default or manually selected later so you wouldn't need to pick TXT records everytime.

Last edited:
•••
Ability to list domain names for sale as soon as they are registered instead of waiting for 5 days.

•••
in processing queue (usually processed within 24 hours)

•••
any code for renewals internally ?

•••
•••
A small thing, but in the "Manage Domains" section, if you choose to display the "Other Registrars" tab, the tab says "Other Registar" without the second "r".
Thank you for letting us know, I've asked our team to have the spelling updated there.

•••
Would be convenient to have saved Dynadot DNS profiles which could be applied after registration as default or manually selected later so you wouldn't need to pick TXT records everytime.
Thank you for the suggestion, I've passed this on to our team as a feature request for preset DNS profiles. For new registrations, you can currently set the default name servers or DNS records you'd like to use by adjusting your settings here:

https://www.dynadot.com/account/domain/setting/server.html

•••
Ability to list domain names for sale as soon as they are registered instead of waiting for 5 days.
This isn't possible at the moment unfortunately, as our team previously encountered issues with domains that needed to be grace deleted but had already been purchased by another user through our marketplace. Due to this, domain names can't be listed for sale until their grace deletion period has ended at this time.

•••
in processing queue (usually processed within 24 hours)
Are you experiencing delays with order processing? I can take a look into that, I'd just need to ask you to privately message us with your Dynadot username.

•••
•••
Guys,

This company is actually rubbish in terms of customer support.

My ticket got closed due to inactivity but I have been waiting for their response.

27/12/2020: Ticket raised by Dynadot staff
28/12/2020: I respond with a little more clarity
31/12/2020: I ask for an update
05/01/2020: Your ticket has been closed due to inactivity. No response nothing.

I am no longer able to respond to reopen this request.

Ticket #8941

I REPEAT THEY ARE SH**. Take your money and go elsewhere, they are not the cheapest anyways.

Its going to be brutal if they ban me now for calling them out here on the forums.
Apologies again for the delayed response to the ticket, our team updated the ticket within your Dynadot account on January 9 and it looks like the original request has now been fulfilled.

•••
•••
Whilst we don't have a specific DNS-profile feature at this time, our team has advised that you can use our domain folders to achieve the same result. You would first need to create folders within your account by using the 'New Folder' button here:

https://www.dynadot.com/account/domain/folder.html

Once your folders have been created, you can use the link under the 'DNS" column to set the default DNS records or name servers for the folder. Any domains added to the folder will then be automatically set to use the folder's default records. To add your domains to the folders, you'd just need to follow the steps here:

https://www.dynadot.com/community/help/question/use-smart-folders

•••
come on @Dynadot

give us some good - co io biz info vc etc - renewals as well, we are helping you guys become number one, aren't we ;)
we need renewal discounts asap
show us some love :xf.wink::xf.smile::xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
Thank you, we really do appreciate all of the support :xf.smile: I've passed the request on to our marketing team regarding renewal offers on those TLDs, so hopefully we'll be able to include those in our future sales.

•••
Thank you, we really do appreciate all of the support :xf.smile: I've passed the request on to our marketing team regarding renewal offers on those TLDs, so hopefully we'll be able to include those in our future sales.
And dont forget .supply, doggonit, lol.

•••
For some domains, when I set Afternic or SedoMLS, it shows that it was confirmed but actually it isn't confirmed. More informative message what happened would be helpful.

•••
In the "security" section of your account, if you don't have a smartphone to set up 2FA, Dynadot got you:
For those customers without a smartphone, we also support sending codes through SMS. Carrier fees may apply.

(Note: On top of that, there are software to generate TOTP [2FA] codes on computers. So you can use 2FA without smartphone.)

EDIT: Oh, I guess I just understood: They mean "if you have a phone, but only a very basic one", not "if you don't have a phone" (I understood the latter, reason why I was finding it funny)

Last edited:
•••
My problems were resolved after putting it here on the thread. Thank you.

•••
Is it a good idea to enlist newly registered domains(60 days locked) from dynadot on Afternic at BIY. I have read that dynadot is a part of afternic network. Is the process smooth provided I get a sale.

•••
Hi, any active coupon for a new rereg dot coms?

•••
Are you logged out from Dynadot after a certain time, even if you're using it? I'm not sure how it works exactly, but it seems pretty annoying to me. Especially when you setup 2FA (which I also seem to need to try 2 or 3 times on each attempt to be able to log in successfully).

•••
Are you logged out from Dynadot after a certain time, even if you're using it? I'm not sure how it works exactly, but it seems pretty annoying to me. Especially when you setup 2FA (which I also seem to need to try 2 or 3 times on each attempt to be able to log in successfully).

I think there is an option, somewhere in the settings, where you decide how long it will take before the system logs you out.

Edit:
here is the path,
My Info -> Account Info -> Advanced Settings -> Signin Options

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back