IT.COM

Dotster - Register .COM Domain Name only $2.39

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

luantt

Top Member
Impact
Dotster.com is now running a special promotion on new .COM domain registration – just from only $2.39 for the first year.

Currently, price is $2.99/year but you can use coupon code SALE20 to get additional discount to $2.39. This seem unlimited, can make payment with PayPal.

Hurry, this promotion won't last long.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Funny, For 2 year its working fine.

•••
If you press it, it immediately trigger a payment, so be very cautious

tumblr_nbceea4Yde1tja9y3o2_500.gif

•••
Did everyone/anyone registrations go through?

•••
Did everyone/anyone registrations go through?

I gave up and spent $6 on each for two years, got really picky though. Use FANATIC to get 18% off, ends at midnight tonight!

•••
OK just got off chat - I will update when they get the cart fixed for 1 year regs, I think getting picky and going for two years is good idea. I am guessing the FANATIC coupon already expired, so I will see if any others still work.

I still find it amazing they let you double dip promo + coupons

•••
I believe they are. But I still have the same issue, which funny enough, has prevented garbage registrations :)

LOL ... same here, though I have some certainly worth a 1 year test for under $4 all in ....

I opened a ticket with support and they confirmed yesterday several customers had reported the issue; they're working on resolving it.

•••
wow wow price changed to $9.9.

•••
Just got off chat again, they said promo price of $3.99 will be provided again when they get the cart issue fixed. Right now it gave me $9.99 and allowed 20% coupon so $8

I was checking one last time before sleep so I hope to wake up and it's all fixed and my names are still avail : grin :

•••
•••
•••
$4 is unbeatable price...

surely more godaddy customers will move dotster for sure... let me know once $4 price announced.

•••
okay! it's on! 30% off!

HACKNY

domain+dotster.

til may 10. so bit longer this time!

no regs for me, but transfered few things. coupon works.

Last edited:
•••
@alcy - I got all excited for nothing : wink : Price is still $9.99, 30% coupon IS working and it will apply to up to 5 years so $7/year com
Plus of course all other extensions, which they have NET at $10.99 regular with coupon makes it $7.69 which beats all other current NET I am aware of (per DomComp & TLD List)

I am waiting for the $3.99 special again, which I am expecting to happen in the next couple days, as per my prior chats, I will get on chat again if it drags on too long.

•••
@alcy - I got all excited for nothing : wink : Price is still $9.99, 30% coupon IS working and it will apply to up to 5 years so $7/year com
Plus of course all other extensions, which they have NET at $10.99 regular with coupon makes it $7.69 which beats all other current NET I am aware of (per DomComp & TLD List)

I am waiting for the $3.99 special again, which I am expecting to happen in the next couple days, as per my prior chats, I will get on chat again if it drags on too long.

this is extremely exciting deal for transfers/renewals. cause its 8.3$ reg price to transfer to them.. apply 30% to it.. and it ads up quick.. especially for many renewals! :)
it'll take up tons of your time to transfer bunch of domains there.. cause you cannot just pass your list to transfer to support like you can to register domains.. but.. u do save some money in the end! enjoy!

Last edited:
•••
Did you use it for transfer & renewal? I just believed the fine print of their email
>>>>>Coupon is not valid with sunrise registrations, landrush registrations, EAP registrations, pre-registrations, premium registrations, renewals, transfers, custom website design, other coupons, or special pricing.<<<<<
My renewal price is showing up $17.49 per year, maybe you have different rates if you bought at a different promo? (I am actually asking IDK, I am new to Dotster)

Transfer 30% off $8.30 - Totally a great deal then

•••
Did you use it for transfer & renewal? I just believed the fine print of their email
>>>>>Coupon is not valid with sunrise registrations, landrush registrations, EAP registrations, pre-registrations, premium registrations, renewals, transfers, custom website design, other coupons, or special pricing.<<<<<
My renewal price is showing up $17.49 per year, maybe you have different rates if you bought at a different promo? (I am actually asking IDK, I am new to Dotster)

Transfer 30% off $8.30 - Totally a great deal then

yes I believed that too, but it never hurts to call and check.
so due to the fineprint you mentioned, I also made sure to call manager before to get their okay. they said no prob.

my .com transfer price shows as 8.3$
after coupon it is 5.75$
but I am taling transfer only. not renewal. I am new there so I have nothing I need to renew there. the general pattern for all registrars I notice is that renewal cost = rergistration cost... and treansfer cost < reg/renewal.

the problem is that this is a very time consuning one by one transfer process. with email confirmations, some odd procedure I never saw on other registrers transfers of reentering auth code in each confirmation again etc..
but, you do get some savings in the end!

hope it helps.

Last edited:
•••
You guys are still playing dotster .lol
And the promo is over and couldnt use it?
I'll keep checking this thread, but I did 5 transfers to rebel for $4 each since my last post here and all complete, no calls, chats or time wasted. Just money saved, and peace of mind too

•••
You guys are still playing dotster .lol
And the promo is over and couldnt use it?
I'll keep checking this thread, but I did 5 transfers to rebel for $4 each since my last post here and all complete, no calls, chats or time wasted. Just money saved, and peace of mind too

hmmm.. 5 domains is a joke really. but yes.. I did do that too on rebel.

I like dotster and domain.com
the two are under same company
they been in business for 10-20 years. with millions domains regged.

once you spend 20 mins to setup account, then it's just pure savngs and best promos of any regisrtar.. on new regs and transfer coupons.

I mean when was last time you saw namecheap namebright moniker etc or others offer 2$ com regs lol

anywya.. I love it.
but it's whatever brings you peace of mind like u say! ;)

•••
I think domain.com codes work at dotster. Quote me if i am wrong

•••
I think domain.com codes work at dotster. Quote me if i am wrong

hmmm good question

I know their overall promos don't always match up
ie: 2$ .com promo at domain not equal necessarily to same on dotster
thats fact.

but for coupons, I'm gonna say yes.. 95-100% time match

•••
I used the HACKNY coupon for a $7 reg yesterday at dotster, I never want to pay retail again LOL

Today netfirms is having a $1.99 promo, 1 year $1.99, 2 years $5.98 coupon code HACKNY $1.39 one year or $4.19 2 year registrations
Official thread here, the $1.99 seems to be one per customer, I'll still take it now that I know how to hack the UI
https://www.namepros.com/threads/944469/

Credit to @luantt

•••
Oops, that thread was actually credit @thekiller sincere apologies

•••
I used the HACKNY coupon for a $7 reg yesterday at dotster, I never want to pay retail again LOL

Today netfirms is having a $1.99 promo, 1 year $1.99, 2 years $5.98 coupon code HACKNY $1.39 one year or $4.19 2 year registrations
Official thread here, the $1.99 seems to be one per customer, I'll still take it now that I know how to hack the UI
https://www.namepros.com/threads/944469/

Credit to @luantt

Thanks. I'll try it when i get to my laptop.

•••
Dotster changes .COM domain price into $5.99/year today. Plus using the coupon "SALE20" you can save 20% for more. Now you only have to pay $4.79/domain/year - valid for 2 years registration buddies!

•••
(Posted exact same in netfirms thread)
Working at DotSter Thu May 12 08:20 UTC 2016
SALE20.....................Coupon Applied - SALE20: Save 20% on your entire order (exclusions apply).
googlelady................Coupon Applied - Googlelady: 15% off your order. (Exclusions apply)
NVU.........................Coupon Applied - 15% off your order.
save10....................Coupon Applied - 10% off your entire order
confirm10................Coupon Applied - 10% off your entire order
HACKNY.................Coupon Invalid

I included more coupons because some have individual limits so if you used a bunch of offers you might have to change coupons.. IDK if they limit by coupon or by account

And be sure for the 20% is SALE20 sale with an "L" as in LARRY (I goofed and put save20 V for Victor and of course that is wrong saVe10 is good for 10)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back