Dynadot

Dotster - Register .COM Domain Name only $2.39

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

luantt

Top Member
Impact
Dotster.com is now running a special promotion on new .COM domain registration – just from only $2.39 for the first year.

Currently, price is $2.99/year but you can use coupon code SALE20 to get additional discount to $2.39. This seem unlimited, can make payment with PayPal.

Hurry, this promotion won't last long.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Overall bad first experience, the savings are overshadowed by a 10 step process to log into the account which gives you no indication of your username or password. I had to use the domain I registered, which became my username, then had to reset my password with absurdly high requirements (2 numbers and 1 symbol!) Then have to manually verify each domains by waiting for a confirmation email, which has not released the domain after being verified.

•••
Were you waiting for such an offer??Looks like a lot of work to be ready with such long list.I take you have a strategy for brandables

I too had a list but looked like only 23 would make places to places like BB/namerific/branddo .
Since the domain.com promo, I was waiting for a promo like this to come again for a long time.

Last promo I flipped the 60 domains I had for like 1000% ROI within a week or two I think.

To be honest, one day before this promo started I already gave up waiting for another promo, I started compiling all the list of brandables I had and wanted to post them in the available domains section..

This promo was like a miracle lol, I reviewed the big list I compiled and removed what I wasn't sure I could sell for at least around $5 to a reseller.

I believe I'm pretty good at finding brandables now, I think most of my profit since I started domaining comes from flipping hand reg brandables to resellers.

•••
New coupon code: DRIVE25
Save 25% of total order, register .COM domain now only $5.24, up to 5 years.

•••
•••
The only thing I want for Christmas is a good transfer offer.

•••
DRIVE25 didn't work for me, but SALE20 did for 20% off - $5.59

The 25% off coupon expired on the 1st of May, I found their Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/Dotster) is a good way to track their sales. Subscribe for updates and you'll get a notification every time they post.

•••
(Posted exact same in netfirms thread)
Working at DotSter Thu May 12 08:20 UTC 2016
SALE20.....................Coupon Applied - SALE20: Save 20% on your entire order (exclusions apply).
googlelady................Coupon Applied - Googlelady: 15% off your order. (Exclusions apply)
NVU.........................Coupon Applied - 15% off your order.
save10....................Coupon Applied - 10% off your entire order
confirm10................Coupon Applied - 10% off your entire order
HACKNY.................Coupon Invalid

I included more coupons because some have individual limits so if you used a bunch of offers you might have to change coupons.. IDK if they limit by coupon or by account

And be sure for the 20% is SALE20 sale with an "L" as in LARRY (I goofed and put save20 V for Victor and of course that is wrong saVe10 is good for 10)

•••
Dotster is having promotion NOW, .COM for only $1.99, .NET for $0.99.

After using coupon code SALE20, the price is $1.59 for .COM and $0.79 for .NET, cheaper than Netfirms

•••
Once again, Dotster - Netfirms - MyDomain are reducing .COM and .NET prices.

Plus with the 25% off coupon - INCEPTION, for now .COM only at $1.49 and .NET at just $0.74
Same price for transferring domains to Netfirms in DomainCentral.

•••
Ooh. I also want to share 1 more thing. Few days ago when dotster was running .com 1.99$ promotion. I bought 25 domains credit with them.the benefit of that domain registration credit is that i still can register .com domains with them at same promotion creidt which i have bought earlier. Which is unique and fantastic way to grab promotions like that.

•••
I just reg'd 358 brandable domains yesterday night! It's funny but I can now say, that the majority of my domains are at dotster :D

I didn't reg them myself obviously, I chatted with them and gave them the list of the domains, I asked them to apply the 20% off coupon for the registration and they did, so it was $2.4/domain. I asked them to put my ticket in very high priority and they did, because I already got all the domain in my account by this morning.

Concerning opening an account with them, they told me I can chat with them and they'll open an account for my clients, when they need one. Obviously not optimal, but since they have a support 24/7, it's not a big deal for me honestly.

Overall, if you don't go through the very painful process of reging the domains yourself, I think dotster/domain.com are definitely OK to use when they have these promos.

•••
Yes @DomainZombie and @rubencouto some of the coupons have a usage limit, my best guess it is per account and accumulates over account lifetime. My theory is if you hit your coupon limit at one registrar (eg dotster) you can choose to get another account at another registrar (eg mydomain) and coupon will work, if you can stand to have multiple accounts.

For everyone:
NET prices - mydomain - .NET - $8.99 - with 20% coupon $7.19; dotster - .NET - $9.99 - with 20% coupon $7.99

Verified Dotster - Tue Jun 7 19:00 UTC 2016
SALE20.....................Coupon Applied - SALE20: Save 20% on your entire order (exclusions apply).
googlelady................Coupon Applied - Googlelady: 15% off your order. (Exclusions apply)
save10....................Coupon Applied - 10% off your entire order
comeback10............Coupon Applied - 10% off your order
15% Off $50+ welcome1550.................Coupon Applied: 15% off your total order [$50 minimum order]
Invalid Coupon SAVINGS20
Invalid Coupon filmriot

Verified mydomain - Tue Jun 7 19:00 UTC 2016
comeback10............Coupon Applied - 10% off your order
15% Off $50+ welcome1550.................Coupon Applied: 15% off your total order [$50 minimum order]
Invalid Coupon googlelady
Invalid Coupon save10
Invalid Coupon filmriot

•••
Regged 16 for $1.59 each.This time I managed to make my list before the storm came and went

•••
New Sale 25% - decent for transfers - tested at MyDomain (Best Choice) and Dotster
25% off with coupon code INCEPTION. Sale ends June 30, 2016 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific. Exclusions apply.
.com transfer - 1 year $8.29 $6.22 - Transfers - Just $8.29* for .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, and .us domains

WITH coupon - Com reg $7.49, NET reg $6.74 - in case ya missed any : wink :

•••
Once again, Dotster - Netfirms - MyDomain are reducing .COM and .NET prices.

Plus with the 25% off coupon - INCEPTION, for now .COM only at $1.49 and .NET at just $0.74
Same price for transferring domains to Netfirms in DomainCentral.

Confirmed.

•••
•••
•••
We have been selling domains at MyDomain and pushing to buyers for months. There is no major issue. Here is the email we send to buyers that agree to purchase one of our names there....

"For immediate transfer of ownership, you simply need to set up a free account (just takes a few minutes) where the domain is currently registered. Here is the link to set up the free account: secure.mydomain.com/register/registration.bml?masters=194&flowid=21

Place any domain in the box on the right-hand side (simulation), then checkout by adding your contact details (no need to fill out the payment section) to finalize the setup of your account.

Once you receive the confirmation email with your login details, please send us your account username and we will transfer the domain name into your account.

Best Regards"

•••
A chat rep. just told me account move is gone for good "for security reasons".
Time to move away the last domains I have with domain.com, dotster and netfirms or to sell them.
Unfortunately, when selling, the buyer will have to be involved when the "manual" move is performed.

The procedure is like this:

1.Start chat.
2. (optional) mention to domain.com/dotster/netfirms that they're idiots
3. tell them the domain you want to move and the account you want to move it to
4. Authenticate yourself (security question)
5. They will ask you to authenticate for the other account as well
(optional) a good time to remind them that they're idiots
6. Tell them the other account is an account for another person (your customer) and you can't possibly know the answer to their security question... not to mention it would be unprofessional to ask them
7. The domain will be moved out of your account (don't know where it goes -> probably to holding)
8. Tell your customer to add the domain to their account using
a. Control Panel -> "Add existing"
b. Contact support if that doesn't work
9. (optiona) Don't forget to leave a really bad feedback when you exit the chat and remind them once again in the comments that they're the absolute worst registrar ;) ...and of course ... IDIOTS

Good luck!

Last edited:
•••
MAMMOTH

$1.39 30%

working

(may only work once)

Last edited:
•••
PROMO IS OVER NOOOOOOOOOOOOo:xf.eek::oops:
It was great while it lasted
Lesson 1 about discounts don't wait! react fast! and get your reg on....so you won't be stuck with a list of names you have to register next time

I got all mine thanks coupon gods lol

•••
For now, domain prices at Domain.com is at the same rate with Dotster and Netfirm. And I have another 25% off coupon - "FilmRiot" which gives no limit. COMs & .NETs start for only $6.74/year.

•••
Bummer, that was over unusually fast. I even asked chat today and they said at least 2 more days, which I am now lucky I didn't post here!

I made a very simple one page guide, see link in my sig, I will keep it updated when the specials happen. The info is spread over too many posts and threads so I wanted to have it in one place, plus I need to be able to edit. Which I am off to do now . . .

•••
I grabbed a nice lot of drops for $1.59 :D

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back