BODIS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone else waiting for bodis payments?

•••
•••
Anyone else waiting for bodis payments?
Hello @AEProgram,

If you're still awaiting your payout for November 7, could you please open a support ticket, and we will attempt to verify the status of your payment for you.

Thanks.

•••
Hello @AEProgram,

If you're still awaiting your payout for November 7, could you please open a support ticket, and we will attempt to verify the status of your payment for you.

Thanks.
issue has been resolved thanks

•••
Anybody received Nov. payment via crypto yet? Usually I get it on 7th late evening CET and now is the morning of the 8th.

•••
•••
Is it just me or Bodis does not generate SSL certificates for parked domains anymore?

•••
Is it just me or Bodis does not generate SSL certificates for parked domains anymore?
Thanks for asking the question. I'm interested to hear as well. I'm very curious as to why in general we can't have secure parking pages. It seems that it's not unique to just Bodis as an issue. Since there is a heightened level of concern about internet security, wouldn't there be a benefit to seeing the "added security" rather than "not secure" at the top of the browser.
My tendency has always been to immediately close a page that has "not secure" listed. You just wonder how much more ad traffic would start happening, with this added security feature.

•••
Thanks for asking the question. I'm interested to hear as well. I'm very curious as to why in general we can't have secure parking pages. It seems that it's not unique to just Bodis as an issue. Since there is a heightened level of concern about internet security, wouldn't there be a benefit to seeing the "added security" rather than "not secure" at the top of the browser.
My tendency has always been to immediately close a page that has "not secure" listed. You just wonder how much more ad traffic would start happening, with this added security feature.
Hello @tonyk2000, @LoveCatchyDomains,

Yes, we do still support SSL certificates. When a domain receives it's first HTTPS request, our system will automatically generate the SSL cert within seconds, if one is not already present.

However, the certificate is only displayed when the visitor requests a HTTPS secure lander, so as to reduce any unnecessary connection latency/network pressure.

If you're experiencing any difficulties accessing your SSL certs, please open a support ticket so that we can look further into this.

Thanks.

•••
However, the certificate is only displayed when the visitor requests a HTTPS secure lander, so as to reduce any unnecessary connection latency/network pressure.
It is not good. No ssl icon shown mean less trust. Type-in traffic normally does not send requests via httpS, so such a visitor may not see green icon.

More serious issue with bodis SSL is the following:

This server's certificate chain is incomplete.

You may just check any bodis parked domain with existing ssl cert on ssllabs dot com. The following will be shown:

incomplete.jpg

Please fix this. Thank you Troy!

•••
It is not good. No ssl icon shown mean less trust. Type-in traffic normally does not send requests via httpS, so such a visitor may not see green icon.

More serious issue with bodis SSL is the following:

This server's certificate chain is incomplete.

You may just check any bodis parked domain with existing ssl cert on ssllabs dot com. The following will be shown:

Show attachment 228781

Please fix this. Thank you Troy!
Hello @tonyk2000,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will notify one of our engineers to see if this can be readily addressed.

•••
Hello @tonyk2000,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will notify one of our engineers to see if this can be readily addressed.
So, did the engineers say that it could be readily addressed?

•••
So, did the engineers say that it could be readily addressed?
Hello @LoveCatchyDomains,

Unfortunately not, but our lead engineer has already assigned this task to our network engineer, who will be addressing this in the near future.

We appreciate your patience, and I will notify you as soon as there are any new developments regarding this matter.

Thank you.

•••
Last edited:
•••
2+ weeks but "This server's certificate chain is incomplete" is not fixed :( @TroyBodis are there any news? Just in case, the following guides may be helpful:
https://nginx.org/en/docs/http/configuring_https_servers.html#chains
https://support.cloudways.com/en/articles/5129639-how-to-fix-incomplete-certificate-chain-warning
Hello @tonyk2000,

We appreciate this, and we are still working on integrating these missing intermediate certs. We do expect to have a solution in the coming weeks.

However, our network engineer is confident that this issue will not be affecting parking in the meantime.

Thanks.

•••
Hello all
Today I go to visit some of my domains at Bodis and i have ads blocker, I wait and it does not redirect to lander but to second type of ads which display upper banner (This Domain May Be For sale) only after press it you go to the lander.
Can someone from Bodis staff tell me what does this mean? Because it was working before to redirect to lander.
Do you people change rules as some baby diapers or what?
From what I understand now, with ads blocker you get 2 types of ads before your lander.
Do we get revenue for those ads?
Do you announce any changes before implementing or you force it like a vaccine to everyone?
Thank you.
edit: after Godaddy went crazy now Bodis is going crazy, wonder who is next?

Last edited:
•••
Hello all
Today I go to visit some of my domains at Bodis and i have ads blocker, I wait and it does not redirect to lander but to second type of ads which display upper banner (This Domain May Be For sale) only after press it you go to the lander.
Can someone from Bodis staff tell me what does this mean? Because it was working before to redirect to lander.
Do you people change rules as some baby diapers or what?
From what I understand now, with ads blocker you get 2 types of ads before your lander.
Do we get revenue for those ads?
Do you announce any changes before implementing or you force it like a vaccine to everyone?
Thank you.
edit: after Godaddy went crazy now Bodis is going crazy, wonder who is next?
Hello @iTesla,

If your ad blocker is preventing you from viewing our Tier1/G ads, you may be seeing one of our backup Tier2 ad feeds; Y ad lander or Direct ads (ZC).

Bodis users are credited for any revenue their domains generate, regardless of which ad feed is being utilized. Note that Y revenue credits will continue to appear in Adjustments under Balance History, until we can display these conversions in Reporting.

If you could open a support ticket, I can take a closer look at your Bodis account and the domain(s) that you're having difficulty with.

Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
Hello @iTesla,

If your ad blocker is preventing you from viewing our Tier1/G ads, you may be seeing one of our backup Tier2 ad feeds; Y ad lander or Direct ads (ZC).

Bodis users are credited for any revenue their domains generate, regardless of which ad feed is being utilized. Note that Y revenue credits will continue to appear in Adjustments under Balance History, until we can display these conversions in Reporting.

If you could open a support ticket, I can take a closer look at your Bodis account and the domain(s) that you're having difficulty with.

Thank you.
Thank you for concise explanation, hope this will bring us more profit .

•••
Hello @iTesla,

That's good to know that Tier2 ads are available when the Tier1 is blocked. Thanks for being innovative with the adblocking issues.
And thanks to our astute Namepros member who picked up on this issue, @iTesla. Great job!

•••
I asked bodis but prefer to confirm with someone who actually did it ... so I'm about to do first bank wire with bodis... I know they wave 25 fee if over 1k... but does this imply zero charges from some magic intermediate companies along the way? like on dan if it's over few 100s we get hit with 25usd from some intermediate place... or does the bodis 25 fee under 1k or waving it if over 1k somehow guarantee no intermediate fees anywhere...I'd find that hard to believe. anyone doing wires? tnx

•••
@TroyBodis

My account was closed according to support due to "receiving high volumes of inorganic referral traffic"

The quoted domains are domains I recently bought after drop and I don't have anything to do with the history of these domains

I think bodis should geve the chance to remove the problematic domains instead of closing account

I would like to get my account back and I will remove those domains

Let me know if you can help me

Thanks

•••
Has anyone already received their payment (crypto)? I received an email saying that the payment has already been sent, however I have not received it. Support tells me that several users have already reported having received their payment (crypto). can someone confirm it?

•••
Has anyone already received their payment (crypto)? I received an email saying that the payment has already been sent, however I have not received it. Support tells me that several users have already reported having received their payment (crypto). can someone confirm it?
Ask them for the transaction ID, should be easy to check if there's an issue

•••
Just got the payment.

Thanks

•••
wow never seen that b4... I take it its a major failure.. no park rev either.. ongoing now... not sure when started or when back... no login and no ad pages... hope fix soon...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230510-134406_Lightning.jpg
    Screenshot_20230510-134406_Lightning.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 40
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back