BODIS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

matt_bodis

Bodis.comTop Member
Bodis.com Staff
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
wow never seen that b4... I take it its a major failure.. no park rev either.. ongoing now... not sure when started or when back... no login and no ad pages... hope fix soon...

not sure when it began but got fixed soon after my post... so tnx bodis... still an odd message I never saw before... hope nothing major for them.

•••
Does anyone else think the Bodis website is slow in the last month or so or just me? When trying to check for terms, referrers, etc. it seems to be much slower. Also clicks, revenue, etc. used to be updated at the same time everyday. That also seems to have changed. Thanks.

•••
Does anyone else think the Bodis website is slow in the last month or so or just me? When trying to check for terms, referrers, etc. it seems to be much slower. Also clicks, revenue, etc. used to be updated at the same time everyday. That also seems to have changed. Thanks.
Same to me.
It's way slower now

•••
I am approaching a 3-day streak of 0 clicks and $0 revenue, the worst in two years, with almost 250 parked names.

Very close to pulling the plug on parking altogether.

•••
I am approaching a 3-day streak of 0 clicks and $0 revenue, the worst in two years, with almost 250 parked names.

its rough times for all
... really no rules... varies.. things to keep in mind... parking names is ongoing work.. u dont just get some rev names and expect.em to last forever.......... that's not how money in parking made....

Last edited:
•••

worse revenues of the year for me too in this period.
it's probably the moment. sales are slow too..

•••
Hi

one name received "eight" $1 clicks other day @ bodis
13 8 66.67% $1.21 $742.31 $9.65

couple of others, have also received $1 clicks each so far.

the averages though, will tell the story

imo....

•••
here is my may stats ... these days I feel lucky if I hit 100usd on any month...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230514-232502_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230514-232502_Chrome.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 95
•••
around March/April 2020, during covid explosion my rev were worse than now...
then they greatly recover around Sept/OCT
idk if we already touched the bottom in this 2023

•••
WARNING:

Bodis have got rid of the orange strip, the only options are now the tiny little text or the blue strip where the text is practically unreadable.

From [email protected] after I told him we were leaving after years of parking at Bodis:
============
Hi Alan,

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for your business and your honesty therein and wish you all the best for the test. Ultimately, you must always do what you think is best for your domains.

Wishing you a nice evening!
=============

I then told him @ParkingCrew had some great lander options @ParkingCrew to which he replied:

===============

Give them a whirl and let me know!

================
You have been warned Domainers!

Last edited:
•••
Bodis have got rid of the orange strip, the only options are now the tiny little text or the blue strip where the text is practically unreadable
Confirmed. Unreadable. So it is either unintentional design downgrade OR bodis is trying to minimize sales (= more parked domains in a long run).

•••
yep they got rid of it. apparently affected ad clicking .. well now the blue one might affect sales.

•••
Confirmed. Unreadable. So it is either unintentional design downgrade OR bodis is trying to minimize sales (= more parked domains in a long run).
The worst thing is, they sneaked it in over the last few days rather than announcing it.

Very revealing. But of course, why would they announce something that they knew would be upsetting to their customers?

Last edited:
•••
WARNING:

Bodis have got rid of the orange strip, the only options are now the tiny little text or the blue strip where the text is practically unreadable.

From [email protected] after I told him we were leaving after years of parking at Bodis:
============
Hi Alan,

I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you for your business and your honesty therein and wish you all the best for the test. Ultimately, you must always do what you think is best for your domains.

Wishing you a nice evening!
=============

I then told him @ParkingCrew had some great lander options @ParkingCrew to which he replied:

===============

Give them a whirl and let me know!

================
You have been warned Domainers!
Hello @domainer111,

We do apologize for removing the 'Penetrating' sale banner, without providing adequate notice beforehand. However, it was our intention to begin removing any sales options/features that have been getting little or no usage over the past 12 months, before we begin implementing some major new updates to our sales features later this year. The 'Penetrating' sale banner option was said to have only been used with <0.1% of domain names, and so this option was bound to be removed before work on our new features begin.

Also, I have been in contact with James regarding your post, and he mentioned that he had offered to implement a fully customised sale banner for you, with your own choice of HTML script in the meantime. It seems you chose not to avail of this offer, instead opting to issue an ultimatum to reimplement the 'Penetrating' sale banner within 24 hours, before dropping an offensive expletive.

Regardless of this unfortunate situation, we fully respect your final decision to explore other domain parking opportunities elsewhere.

Thanks.

Last edited:
•••
Sales link lowers CTR own experience. who wants to buy a domain can find the contact via whois.

•••
Sales link lowers CTR own experience. who wants to buy a domain can find the contact via whois.

nonsense.. with whois changes.. privacies and what not most domainers are clueless how navigate whois... so u can forget right away buyers or end users finding u by whois. but do dream on.

•••
Hello @domainer111,

We do apologize for removing the 'Penetrating' sale banner, without providing adequate notice beforehand. However, it was our intention to begin removing any sales options/features that have been getting little or no usage over the past 12 months, before we begin implementing some major new updates to our sales features later this year. The 'Penetrating' sale banner option was said to have only been used with <0.1% of domain names, and so this option was bound to be removed before work on our new features begin.

Also, I have been in contact with James regarding your post, and he mentioned that he had offered to implement a fully customised sale banner for you, with your own choice of HTML script in the meantime. It seems you chose not to avail of this offer, instead opting to issue an ultimatum to reimplement the 'Penetrating' sale banner within 24 hours, before dropping an offensive expletive.

Regardless of this unfortunate situation, we fully respect your final decision to explore other domain parking opportunities elsewhere.

Thanks.
All you had to do was make the text on the light blue banner more readable. That would have fixed it. James did suggest the own hosted solution.

However, he then added that that particular solution could not be added to different folders, implying it's a global change.

It's a very messy solution. He sent two examples; one of them was not coded for the mobile, just one of many issues that arises with this. You'd have to be continuosly testing it, and of course you use the ability to set different messages.

•••
Hello @domainer111,

Thanks.

plz give some preview of sale banner changes. surely this cannot be a secret ..? ty

•••
nonsense.. with whois changes.. privacies and what not most domainers are clueless how navigate whois... so u can forget right away buyers or end users finding u by whois. but do dream on.

we will sell 2-3 domains per month through who is.

•••
we will sell 2-3 domains per month through who is.

this means u would sell 30 with banner. anyone who relies only on whois to sell is asylum material. gl

•••
All you had to do was make the text on the light blue banner more readable. That would have fixed it. James did suggest the own hosted solution.

However, he then added that that particular solution could not be added to different folders, implying it's a global change.

It's a very messy solution. He sent two examples; one of them was not coded for the mobile, just one of many issues that arises with this. You'd have to be continuosly testing it, and of course you use the ability to set different messages.
Hello @domainer111,

Yes, that's correct. Unfortunately, the banner script does have its limitations, as we generally only reserve this option for domain registrars.

However, until our new sales features go live, it is unlikely that we'll be making any other changes to our sale banners in the meantime.

Thanks.

•••
plz give some preview of sale banner changes. surely this cannot be a secret ..? ty
Hello @alcy,

I'm afraid that I'm not at liberty to discuss the specific changes that we have in store, but I believe our users will be very satisfied with what's to come.

Thanks.

•••
Hello @alcy,

I'm afraid that I'm not at liberty to discuss the specific changes that we have in store, but I believe our users will be very satisfied with what's to come.

Thanks.

I get it. tnx. but do u have at least finalized release dates. we die to know. ty

•••
New sales landers at Bodis? News to me lol

Last edited:
•••
Maybe news about the new sales landers were on the Bodis Blog?

Let me check that out,

Eh meh, nevermind. Bye-gones!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back