NameSilo

Bidding on your own names at NameJet...?

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews, started by webquest, Jul 18, 2017

Replies:
Views:

1. Silentptnr

Silentptnr Domains88.com VIP

Based on the comment from Oliver, changing the reserve to Next Bid Wins was something that was faxed to NameJet. It doesn't appear to be something that can be done on the website frontend.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Silentptnr

I just don't understand how it would be possible to set an auction to Next Bid Wins right after HKDN came in with a large bid over and over again. That's weird.

Even Shane thought it was weird.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
  3. Oliver Hoger

Oliver Hoger Established Member

*** Explain all here if you read it:
    I won allot of good deals then ran to wining about 4 of my domains and it go closed down due to this.
    I was bidding on ALL LLL.com and ALL short names

Winner888:
    I have a automated bidding system that would backorder ALL the domains and bid last minute to grab bargains.
    Its a script works via api would bid on all CVCV up to $2500-3000 i set daily limit on the patterns i would want to buy.
    On slow days i got good deals on short domains i trade in
    LLLL.com / CVCV.com / LL.com / LLL.com / NNNN.com / NNNNN.com / CCC.com etc...
    I won allot of domains and a few of mine so this got closed down months ago already due to this..
    Im trying to fix to be able to exclude all my domains.

4. tld_org

tld_org Established Member

Two comments here:

1. You have to be sending a list of domains to Namejet that you are selling, incorporating a script into your bot to exclude stuff from a list is very simple, like a few hours of work if that for a developer. This excuse does not pass the sniff test.

2. This part about Namejet is very troubling to me. Flippa lets you lower reserve, fine, but Namejet is creating a false bid? Bids are currency, people trade on them, so Namejet is artificially inflating the currency and doing so in a non-transparent way. The GM has been in here and commented multiple times, he could have mentioned this but of course it is not a good story so he hasn't said anything. Sorry, but if this is what is going on then Namejet is ripping off people. Also, not kind of you to allow them to do to people either. If your domains have trouble getting bids near your reserve then you know what, higher your starting price instead of allowing Namejet to create a false bid on your behalf. Shame on both.

5. Donny

Donny Top Member Voodoo.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I am not here accusing anybody of anything, but as @Oliver Hoger said he was not HKDN I decided to do a little digging.

One of Oliver's domains is these.com, it has his name on the whois. The domain is pointing to ParkingCrew, and it has a DRID of as-drid-2397039701937088.

One of HDKN's domains is spreader.com, the whois shows that Marque Solutions with an email address of [email protected] owns the domain. The domain is also pointing to ParkingCrew, and it has the same exact DRID of as-drid-2397039701937088.

This means that Oliver and HKDN are sharing the same account with ParkingCrew. I did find multiple examples like this.

These are facts, no BS. Oliver and HKDN are the same person.

Donny

6. Silentptnr

Please help us understand how you set Next Bid Wins right after large bid by HKDN?

7. Chris Hydrick

Chris Hydrick Account Closed (Requested) VIP

There is an example presented by @Bram C. that shows an exception...

8. Lox

Lox _____ VIP

9. forge

forge wow factor VIP

You need to add to the realm of possibilities that there simply is no trick. I think also you have to be careful tossing around words like "scheme" before you have all the facts of the matter. It probably comes down to each venue's specific TOS, but like I said above, changing/lowering reserves after an auction is already in play is a common, legitimate option. (-edit- corrected my error)

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  10. pchip

pchip Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

NameJet does provide an API but you will only be approved if you spend enough cash.

11. jaybuk

jaybuk Upgraded Member Blue Account ★★★★★★★★★★

To clarify, the bidder handles in question are HKDN (not HDKN) and Winner8888 (not Winner888).

12. Donny

Donny Top Member Voodoo.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

@jaybuk I corrected mine. Thanks!

13. betthelot

betthelot Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Can we all just take a deep breath and take 5 minutes out so I can try and catch up.
    This hare set running by Andrew and OP is too fast when your brain plods like mine

14. betthelot

betthelot Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

15. Silentptnr

So I guess this means that the whole idea of Natural Bidding versus Unnatural Bidding doesn't mean anything. The NameJet platform allows for Unnatural bidding.

Also, the Next Bid Wins thing seems unfair. I think it is wrong. I understand adjusting a reserve but it should not be to "Next Bid Wins". It should be the opposite. You should be able to adjust your reserve but NOT so that the next bid wins.

16. RWD

RWD Established Member

Agreed.

17. Oliver Hoger

Winner888:
    I have a automated bidding system that would backorder ALL the domains and bid last minute to grab bargains.
    Its a script works via api would bid on all CVCV up to $2500-3000 i set daily limit on the patterns i would want to buy.
    On slow days i got good deals on short domains i trade in
    LLLL.com / CVCV.com / LL.com / LLL.com / NNNN.com / NNNNN.com / CCC.com etc...
    I won allot of domains and a few of mine so this got closed down months ago already due to this..
    Im trying to fix to be able to exclude all my domains.

18. Silentptnr

I think there is some explaining to do regarding this "Next Bid Wins" program. That might be a large part of this entire problem.

@NameJetGM you should explain this.

19. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Donny is an owner of a parking company. So I would say that his analysis of anything parking - related can be considered as one a few undisputable facts, or authoritative opinions, which we really have in this thread (as most posts are just "imho"s somewhat related to the subject). Thank you so much Donny for spending time and efforts in this thread...

20. Domain Shane

Domain Shane Top Member DSAD.com Staff PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Spreader is the name that I called Jonathan about because I was outbid at the last minute by HDKN. I felt it was Oliver thinking it was going too cheap so he picked it back up. But I couldn't prove it. Donny is proving I may be right.

21. xn--v4h.com

xn--v4h.com Emoji domains at Punycode.com

I'm pretty sure Flippa allows you to change your reserve amount later on in your auction.

22. Oliver Hoger

no I did not.

23. Chris Hydrick

Chris Hydrick Account Closed (Requested) VIP

Thanks. There is definitely times where this isn't a scheme. Probably way more often than not by far. I'm simply pointing out how it could work, and what to look for. Regarding using the word scheme, I believe I used the word allegedly and possible to make it clear this isn't stated as fact -- rather as a comment open for debate.

I searched fairly hard on industry blogs to see if people were allowed to lower a reserve price on NameJet. (still looking for somebody to clarify how NJ handles reserved being lowered mid auction since I can't find public evidence) Even searched for such updates, like on flippa, RESERVE LOWERED, but I couldn't find it for a NameJet auction. I found a lot of this happening on Flippa, and I don't believe NamePros is allowed to operate with reserves. If the mechanism to lower the reserve is not well known (or known only to a few or extended to a select few) than this shows an exception which may or may not give them access (possibly unavailable to others) to a possible lowered reserve upbid scheme.

24. Silentptnr

Oliver, at any time was HKDN aware of your reserve prices?

25. Oliver Hoger

buyer HKDN probably never updated the name servers or maybe never added domain to their own parking crew account

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice