NameSilo

.com 63 character domain name sold for $800..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
The domain name containing 63 9's .COM sold for $800 on GoDaddy.

Here's a screenshot:

1.JPG

I am still wondering who are such buyers and why do they buy such names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Revolution #9

Peace,
Cy

Edit:
Late to the party. Didn't realize it was 7 pages already when I posted this.

Last edited:
•••
If someone was super rich and wanted to own at least 1 domain name for personal use,
then it's obvious to me that their first choice
is they should own their name in com.
It's not like they don't have the money.

P.s..the the thing about spreading propaganda is its seldom sincere.

Last edited:
•••
Are all maximum limits perfect?

Yeah, this is pretty much the issue. This and, "Is there any demand for these?"

@KINGOF.TOP is inferring two things here:
  1. That 63 character domains with a pattern are perfect.
  2. That people want them (or will want them).
The issue is that these beliefs only exist in his mind. There's no evidence to support that anyone else feels the same way (except newcomers and family members who have been convinced otherwise... but they're not the ones being asked to spend millions on these).

I mean... I just had the smelliest fart in the world. The smell is unique, and I believe that because it's the smelliest possible fart, I could bottle it, and people would pay me millions for it, because no fart could possibly be smellier. It is fart perfection. Maybe most people don't like smelling farts... but I think there are some billionaires out there who do. And I think that one day they'll find my fart and will want to buy it because it's so distinctive.

Being the "most" of something doesn't mean it's good. Being unique doesn't mean it's good. Being in love with it yourself doesn't mean it will ever be in demand.

Sometimes the maximum, and most unique of something... just stinks.

•••
It's true that you can sell almost everything if you market it right. Without marketing it will be hard to get someone to buy this. That is the problem.

•••
Why bother so much? You can get a SLD say top.com and register any domain under that SLD with n x 63 characters....

•••
63 character .com worth $800...
toptotptotptotp.top worth sweet -$8,000 lol

•••
•••
I mean... I just had the smelliest fart in the world. The smell is unique, and I believe that because it's the smelliest possible fart, I could bottle it, and people would pay me millions for it, because no fart could possibly be smellier. It is fart perfection. Maybe most people don't like smelling farts... but I think there are some billionaires out there who do. And I think that one day they'll find my fart and will want to buy it because it's so distinctive.
smelliestfart.com still available!

https://www.dynadot.com/domain/search.html?domain=smelliestfart.com&search=

Grab it before a billionaire does..

Alternatively fartfartfartfartfartfartfartfartfartfartfartfartf.art will soon be available to register.

http://artdomainname.com/art-registration-and-availability/

Last edited:
•••

more of a collection piece, you know. I have short domains. I just like both spectrums.

btw, rip gene wilder - passed away from Alzheimer complications today at 83 years old. Loved willy wonka

Last edited:
•••
•••
wow, I like the vaiavanti.com one.

•••
•••
Second, your 'estimate' of $3 only shows me that you absolutely don't got the point of those domains. I just have to sell one of them to renew the rest of them for about the next 10 years.
But what if you never sell one, and have, as David pointed out, spent $2.5K per year? In 4 years you'll have spent $10K on these names. Each year you have to gamble another $2.5K on, or drop and lose it all.

Sincerely, there are better things to gamble $2.5K a year on. Horses, dogs, lottery scratch cards will likely yield at least a yearly return spending that much. Or better domains that at least get some offers in so you can cut your losses.

Plus, to "sell one to renew the rest of them for 10 years" means you sell one for $25K? Really? there are single word .com going for less than that :)

I do hope you sell them, and if you do great, but it's just clearly not likely to happen, and most people (domainers) see this.

The great thing is that they are the 'maximum' and thats what rich people like.
Insulting your potential clients is not a good business approach...

You are missing the point of rich people who like to throw money around. Sure, they do, that's their prerogative, but do you see them going in a $1 store buying all sorts of junk "just for a laugh"? Or buying rusty old cars and driving around in them because the cost means nothing to them?
They throw their money around on interesting or fun things, or things which make more money. Not just "anything".

Let's have a look into just 2 examples:

moneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoneymoney.money
The highest amount of money in a .money domain.
More money in a .money domain isn't possible.
The perfect .money domain for somone rich who just wants to state that he has the money.

cashcashcashcashcashcashcashcashcashcashcashcashcashcashcash.cash
The highest amount of cash in a .cash Domain.
More cash in a .cash domain isn't possible.
The perfect .cash domain for somone rich who just wants to state that he has the cash.
We know the possible names, we're domainers. And as such, you need to show sales not just big ideas which have never been proven to work.

https://namebio.com/?s=QMzUzNxYzN

Namebio for 63 char names said:
No data available in table

I rest my case...

Last edited:
•••
@ all who quoted me in related context or (trying to) attack my domain/s

However your viewww to myyy 63 character domain toptoptop... ...top.top is and whatever you are thinking and / or writing - I knowww that you knowww that it cant't be topped and that's why I have nooo concerns about it's future.

It's definitely high end visual web art and at least more than one billionaire will tryyy to buyyy it.
Until he will payyy what I sayyy

This abstract artwork symbolizes how I think.
Possibilities everywhere - from the smalles to the tallest.

fractalgold.jpg

Last edited:
•••
@ all who quoted me in related context or (trying to) attack my domain/s

However your viewww to myyy 63 character domain toptoptop... ...top.top is and whatever you are thinking and / or writing - I knowww that you knowww that it cant't be topped and that's why I have nooo concerns about it's future.

It's definitely high end visual web art and at least more than one billionaire will tryyy to buyyy it.
Until he will payyy what I sayyy
It is funny that even you shorten you domain because it is too long to type.

Oh, the irony...

•••
Brutalist Websites (warning: link contains some "art websites" that contain nudity):

"In its ruggedness and lack of concern to look comfortable or easy, Brutalism can be seen as a reaction by a younger generation to the lightness, optimism, and frivolity of today's webdesign."

Another example of a curated "websites as art" project. The idea has been conceptualized according to a set of aesthetic qualities.

However, no visual qualities can be assigned to 63 letter domains, aside from the fact that they are as long as the DNS system will allow. There is no correlation between any desirable visual qualities and 63 letters. Aesthetically, it's just an empty string of 63 letters.

That is not to say that art always has to be "beautiful" or "perfect", for some types of art, the concept or idea behind the work can be more important than any traditional aesthetic. But unless you accept the premise that all maximum limits are "perfect" by default, it's hard to find any redeeming qualities (both aesthetically and conceptually) to make such a domain worth anything, and it can hardly be called a "high end visual web art" piece.

•••
The art behind 63.DOMAINS is not compareable with other art.
Those domains are created to be the highest symbols of the web (DNS system).

They are ready from the moment on they were registered.
Ready for sale.

While we are discussing them, you better should try to get some - because I wish you the same success which I will have through them.

Remember the time when nobody mentioned them.
You should realize that the time has changed already.

Trends come and go.
But this is not a 'trend'.
It's the
(symbolic) end (of the DNS system).
Those domains are virtual grand lodges.

Last edited:
•••
The art behind 63.DOMAINS is not compareable with other art.
Those domains are created to be the highest symbols of the web (DNS system).

They are ready from the moment on they were registered.
Ready for sale.

While we are discussing them, you better should try to get some - because I wish you the same success which I will have through them.

Remember the time when nobody mentioned them.
Not everyone will realize that the time has changed already.
Billions of 63 letter combinations are still available across 1000 extensions. There is no need to hurry. A buyout won’t happen soon.

•••
Billions of 63 letter combinations are still available across 1000 extensions. There is no need to hurry. A buyout won’t happen soon.
Yes, but only a fewww perfect ones.

•••
•••
63 character .com worth $800...
toptotptotptotp.top worth sweet -$8,000 lol

lollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollollol.lol
loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.lol

The time will teach also you.

Last edited:
•••
Is this a widely recognized and agreed upon definition of a “perfect 63 letter domain”?
It's the only logical definition.
So it has the high potential to become rapidly a widely recognized and agreed definition.

I don't recommend to create 'random' 63.DOMAINS without any visible pattern.

Last edited:
•••
It's the only logical definition.
Logical: In agreement with the principles of logic.

I don’t see any logic behind inferring “perfection” from the repetition of a word, that matches a domain extension, for the duration 63 letters. There is no valid logical reasoning behind your proposition.

If you want to demonstrate the value of a “perfect” 63 letter domain, you have explain in a linear and step-by-step way (this is how logic works), why such a domain is “perfect”, in order to prove valid inference. Currently you don't back this up with anything beyond “it is perfect because I think it is perfect”, and that's not logical, it's just an opinion.

•••
People have personal connections with words and numbers, like their name and birthdate for example. Only one can own it in .com. That's the prize. Cctlds imo is especially good depending on their USE. New g's is like artwork you buy at walmart, looks good, but is just a copy.

Anyways

•••
People have personal connections with words and numbers, like their name and birthdate for example. Only one can own it in .com. That's the prize. Cctlds imo is especially good depending on their USE. New g's is like artwork you buy at walmart, looks good, but is just a copy.

Anyways

Seriously, .com is just an abbrevation of a specific term - commercial.
But .top means top.
More univerasal isn't possible.

That's why .top is 100 % the best choice for 63.DOMAINS - because .top symbolizes top - like 63.DOMAINS do.

.com simply melts if it comes to 63.DOMAINS which are made of / ending in .top

Nothing in the web can copy .top
Nothing in the web can copy 63.DOMAINS
Nothing in the web can copy .top 63.DOMAINS

63.DOMAINS.png

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back