IT.COM

.com 63 character domain name sold for $800..

NameSilo
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
The domain name containing 63 9's .COM sold for $800 on GoDaddy.

Here's a screenshot:

1.JPG

I am still wondering who are such buyers and why do they buy such names?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
how come @KINGOF.TOP missed this domain?
It's obvious. Nine is greater than 8; also, when there are 63 nines together, it makes the largest writable number.

9...63x > 8...63x, therefore with that logic, it's the only $1 billion dollar numeric domain. :lookaround:

•••
It's obvious. Nine is greater than 8; also, when there are 63 nines together, it makes the largest writable number.

9...63x > 8...63x, therefore with that logic, it's the only $1 billion dollar numeric domain. :lookaround:
In hexadecimal F=15>9, so 63 Fs is the largest writable number

•••
Hmmm... Did this reported "sale" of a 63 character domain cause KingOfTop to loose his account on NPs for a while?

If so (or even if not) I think it is likely he arranged or was involved with this purchase that "his family member purchased" "without his knowledge" in an attempt to generate attention and demand for 63 character domains. (I can not prove this, nor state it as fact, but reading through this thread it seems really fishy)

I personally don't think his scheme to market these domains was going to work, but it was definitely a miscalculation to artificially try to create the market via bogus sales. (if in fact this is what happened.)

His profile now seems to be closed and his Profile info says:

Dear nP members / followers!

Because of some 'forum rule violations' (some of my postings which were seen as 'advertising' by the moderators),
my account turned closed
and will be closed
until
JANUAR 13, 2017

It's my plan to come back then!
Stayyy tuned!

All the best with your invest,
KINGOF.TOP

Last edited:
•••
Hey nP thread followers,

I hope you all stay fine - my nP profile was reopened in the meanwhile and so I want to reply here, although the last post (above) was made months ago - but, especially if I read this (last) post (above) it's important for me to respond here.

Of course it's important to stay critical in this world - especially in the web.
So I can 100 % understand this (last) post above, especially because of the fact that my account get closed at about the same time when this thread started.
Yes, this seems not like a coincidence.
But in fact it was a coincidence... ...a bad one and it had nothing to do with it, believe it or not :laugh:

I can assure you 100 % that it was exactly like I wrote - there was absolutey nothing arranged with this sale, I had nothing to do with this sale.
This thread's first posting was the source for me that I got noticed of this sale which is 100 % real and 100 % not fake, not in the slightest.
Again, 100 % not created or arrangend for something or someone.
In any imaginable way I was not involved in this sale.

It is all real, this domain (which is not mine) is real, my own domain/s is / are real.
My profile lock had nothing to do with this - this was only because I set some links in a post where it was not allowed to set links, this was the simple reason.

I never had, I don't have and I never will have any reason to create or arrange fake sales.
Fake sales are lies, lies are the opposite of truth.
I am convinced that the opposite of truth destroys everything and everyone at some point.
I am a friend of truth and I hate lie(er)s.
I am sure that in this point you are like me, becasue I am sure you are a friend of truth too and you hate lie(er)s too. If not, then I wish you knowledge.

It's sad, but I am sure that fake sales are happening every day - especially in the higher ranges.
But this is clearly against my idea of trading, of domaining - simply against my priciples of true living.
I am a realisitic person with high goals and I believe in the t r u t h.

At the end I can understand that it is hard for some to believe that this 'crazy' domain was sold for that price - but again, it's real.
I have similar domains and I am convinced that those kind of Domains will gain in worth - day by day.

Last edited:
•••
•••
In hexadecimal F=15>9, so 63 Fs is the largest writable number

Roman numeral M = 1000, which is > 15, so 63 Ms is the largest writable number.

•••
It's for an URL shortening service. :)

If you want a longer name, then just put another 63 9s in front with a dot to make a double length sub-domain.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back